Easan
BiggsBoonj

Mankind is evil

Easan

Pro

Hope someone accepts this challenge, This round not for proper debate yet, Just stating my stance that mankind has done many things that proves that we are evil
BiggsBoonj

Con

Hi, I don't agree with you. First of all, 'mankind' is a very broad and general term. Generalizing any humans into a group they can't choose (race, Ethnicity, Nationality, Gender) is wrong. What's even more wrong is applying the same qualities to all members of the group. If you say mankind is evil, You are saying that all people that ever existed are evil. Because mankind is all men and women, Not some. Then does that mean you are evil too? What about me? What about your friends and my friends? How thousands of people be evil if they have done nothing wrong?

Saying "manking is evil" is like saying "black people are criminals" or "Arabs are terrorists". The actions of a select few don't define the qualities of many. Just because some people are evil doesn't mean all of mankind is evil. And that is true with any group which you can't choose to not be a part of.
Easan

Pro

Then again, You're making the assumption that it is ONLY a select few that are evil. Let's take the number of wars that have happened. There are tons of them, Not to mention civil wars within countries. These involved many people fighting for territory or their own self interest and yet they continue to kill innocent people by the day.
Moreover, There are also many terrorist and extremist groups that kidnap and kill people, Even with videoed beheadings. If they aren't evil, Who is?
Not to mention the immense number of criminals that have committed horrific crimes. Genocide? Murder? Rape? Unrepentant criminals are everywhere, And they're evil too.
Many people also abuse their girlfriends/husbands/wives/children/helpers/nannies and so on, Even sexually. Even if the wrongdoing is not that serious, We are all still evil deep down. We eat meat: we kill tons of animals every day just to satisfy our food cravings, Even as tons of vegetarians live healthily, Not to mention poachers that kill animals, Especially endangered ones, Just to sell their parts like their skin or tusks. We are all guilty, In one way or another, Of destroying the planet we live on, Maybe by contributing too much to non-biodegradable waste etc. And the world is dying due to all of our actions and this is causing people and animals to suffer. Climate change means more extreme weather events and more extreme heat or cold which could claim many lives. Rising sea levels due to global warming is also on the brink of swallowing up islands and it's only a matter of time before it threatens the rest of the world. Animals are getting affected and confused by the changes in their environment, And those in Antarctica are the worst hit. Almost all humans have a part to play in making the world a terrible place for someone else, If not many other people, And hence I have to conclude that mankind is evil, And there is no point disputing a generalisation just because a select few don't fall under it
BiggsBoonj

Con

Uhhh, Here comes the SJW 'humans are evil, We are killing the planet' BS. If humans are evil, So are animals! Animals rape each other, Animals kill each other, Animals kill other animals to satisfy their food cravings, Animals destroy the environment, Etc. Most of what you say is crap.
Easan

Pro

The point here is the humans are evil not whether animals are evil too.
Anyway, Animals do a lot of things out of instinct while humans actually make the choice to do stuff. And animals do not destroy the environment anywhere close to the scale humans do. Deforestation? Pollution? All that stuff are what humans do only. And if you think us killing the planet is crap how about you go do some research on how fast the death of the earth was accelerated by humans? And you've decided to focus only on the killing the earth part and you've ignored all my other points. Not only that, You make factually inaccurate statements and you start talking about how animals are evil too rather than saying why humans are not. Saying 'most of what you say is crap' is a very basic insult with practically nothing to back it up. I get maybe you find this debate and even me stupid, But you're really holding yourself to a very low standard here
BiggsBoonj

Con

OK, I shouldn't have called you stupid or your arguments crap. That's classic ad hominem fallacy. But let's discuss the debate.

First of all, Earth isn't dying because Earth isn't alive. The Earth isn't a living being, It's a planet. Just like Jupiter or the Sun can't biologically die, Neither can the Earth. The argument that humans are killing the Earth is wrong because the Earth isn't alive in the first place.

Let's define evil. I'm sure you would agree evil means "profoundly immoral and wicked". Evil doesn't mean bad. I actually agree that mankind is bad, But not that it's evil. Evil and bad are synonyms but not the same. For example, A dog that kills a human is bad but it's not evil; since, Like you said, It does so because of its instincts.

Most of the bad things humans do is out of necessity, Not out of evil. We clear forests to build houses and make space for farms, Not because we hate nature. We kill animals for food (not for 'food cravings', To survive), Not because we hate them. We pollute the air because we need to produce goods to survive, Not because we want global warming. We test products on animals because we need safe products for humans, Not because we hate animals. Humans are generally aware of the issues they cause to nature and would gladly choose to not cause these issues if it were possible. The problem is, It's not possible. Humanity would die out millenia ago if we didn't chop down trees, Build houses, Hunt animals, Fight each other for survival, Produce goods, Etc. Most bad things humanity does are because of necessity to survive, Not evil.

Things like genocides, Rapes, Terrorist attacks, Etc are only commited by tiny percent of the population. Generalizing all of mankind as evil would mean completely ignoring the individual and classifying all people into a homogenous group. That's wrong; it's similar to racism and sexism. Just because some Germans commited the Holocaust doesn't mean all Germans are evil. Similarly, Just because some humans do bad things doesn't make mankind evil.

And now, For my final question: do you consider yourself evil? If you don't, Your whole argument completely falls apart as you are part of mankind, So your existance disproves the claim that all of mankind is evil.
Easan

Pro

Thank you for your convincing points and moving on from general unconvincing insults.

Firstly, By the Earth dying, I mean it becoming a harsh environment very different from what it used to be and no longer able to support most, If not all forms of life. Sorry for not clarifying earlier, But I did not mean killing the Earth in a literal sense.

Secondly, I would like to respond to your point on how humans do bad things out of necessity but not evil. This may have been true to a certain extent, But not anymore. Yeah, We do cut down trees for houses and farms, But we also do so because humans need paper. You might say that that is another necessity, But frankly it's not. Despite the ability to reduce paper due to digital methods as well as more environmentally friendly options, People keep using paper probably because of convenience and do not care about what that does to the forests. Not only that, The methods of deforestation are also done sometimes such that the trees may take very long or never grow again, Simply because it is faster. The fact that people will prioritise convenience over saving animals and their habitats, And in the case of those clearing the forests irresponsibly, Over preventing humans from suffering from haze, Shows their evil. We kill animals to survive? There have been way too many vegetarians and vegans(and healthy, Strong ones too) for you to claim you can't survive or grow healthily if you are deprived of meat. Many people have even told me that the reason why they don't become vegetarian is not because they're scared they'll die, It's because "meat is too nice". So, Satisfying some taste buds is more important than the god-knows how many lives they're taking in one lifetime just for food. Moreover, Humans also eat all sorts of animals. Humans can stick to farm animals and maybe some seafood and have enough to eat all the time. But no, Humans need to eat kangaroo, Dog and crocodile meat, Among others. So, Humans eat meat just because they like it and for no better reason, And if that's not evil, What is?
Of course, It's not possible to have 0 pollution, But I'll tell you something, It is possible to cut down on pollution by miles. They're causing global warming and blanket countries like India and China in smog. Why's that not changing? Those that have the power to improve factory/power-generating methods are too money-minded. The cost of limiting pollution is, In their eyes, Greater than the Earth becoming more and more uninhabitable and lowering the air quality by miles. "Money is the root of all evil" is pretty much encompassed in this bit of my argument.
we test products on animals not because they have fewer rights than humans, But are more helpless than humans. Intellectual and social intelligence are not ways to measure who has more rights as disabled or anti-social people are not viewed as having less rights than other humans. Hence products are tested on animals because they can't protest in the streets, They can't launch a rally, They can't even just tell you to f*** off. Moreover, The number of cases whereby animal testing failed to predict adverse side effects in humans is astounding. Not only is this behaviour extremely unethical, It may even do harm to the first humans that try out the products, So-called certified safe by animal testing. Animal testing causes the loss of life or bad injury to many animals, With the result being the first few humans to try it getting injured or killed too, With only the occasional breakthrough which may or may not justify the immense loss of life and lowering of standard of living that had come before that. Human testing will mean faster, More accurate results with much less loss of life, But probably doesn't proceed because the government/organisations are simply scared of the backlash. I do not think they have ever tried showing how this method may actually save more lives than animal testing in the long run, But are willing to let more die just because they're "afraid". Well that may not be terribly evil, But it still kind of is, Too. Of course humans wouldn't want all the above mentioned impacts/effects to happen, But the fact is, When faced with a price to pay to avoid all these effects, Humans would rather just let it be, Leaving many animals and humans to a terrible fate, Even if the price isn't all that high. I guess that's evil?
Of course, These are only a fraction of the human population, But atrocities are on the rise. War has been a constant feature in all the years man has been around, And even now, The Middle East is engulfed in a very complicated "war", And I'm pretty sure wars don't break out because of necessity. Of course you could argue that not all those on one side of the war are bad, But many are. Soldiers may commit atrocities and torture/rape people, And that may be totally unrelated to the big shadow of war that most people see. Nowadays, Sexual harassment, Rape etc are becoming more common, And I don't think that's necessary either. On top of majority of mankind that are already evil, These groups of people take it to the next level of evil, And are starting to make up a bigger portion of mankind.
Please do not bring up children next and ask if they're evil. They may be innately evil, But too young to be able to do anything to show it.
Am I evil? I think so. I've done and said many things that I should never have and some of my selfish actions that have hurt others are evil too.
Lastly, I would like to admit that "mankind is evil" is a sweeping statement, And it may well be impossible to prove that EVERY single human falls into the above categories. But then again, Calling a group of people something(especially the whole world) is bound to produce a very small proportion of people that don't fit into the "generalisation". But I believe that if you are unable to effectively argue against my points and they still stand after this last round, It can be seen that "almost all of mankind" is evil, And that's about as close as I can get to winning the debate. Instead of focusing on the small details like "Ha, Your statement is technically false so you don't win the debate", I implore voters to look at it as "ok, Maybe the motion is sweeping, But in a slightly different version, Who deserves to win the debate? ", And you, The honourable con side, To argue along that line in this final round. It's been a joy debating with you and may the best debater win
BiggsBoonj

Con

Phee-ew. That is a long argument for me to cover (: But let's get straight to the point.

The truth is, Almost everything we use is either made from animals/trees or tested on animals. Shampoo, Drugs, Soap, Gummy bears, Meat, Sauces, Wooden flooring, Paper, Most furniture, Leather clothes, Leather purses, Furs, Coats, Most shoes, Beer, Perfume, Most plastic bags, Most condoms, Nail polish, Lipstick, Red food coloring, Most bread, Plywood, Fireworks, Candles, Most toothpaste, Most paint, Crayons, Glue, Car and bike tires, Some sugar, Photographic film, Deodorant, And even some computers are made or processed with animal products or trees. There are hundreds of other things we use everyday that aren't vegan as well. If we would stop killing animals and testing products on them, Our civilization would fall apart and we would return to the stone age. That is a cold hard fact. I love animals, But I think that humans are infinitely more valuable and we shouldn't destroy our entire civilization to stop animals from being killed.
I can tell you why pollution is increasing: because fossil fuels are much more effective. It's far cheaper and faster to pump oil out of the ground or mine coal than it is to harvest wind energy (which kills thousands of birds, By the way) or any other clean energy source. Of course, It is possible to massively decrease pollution, But that would return our civilization to the stone age. That, Again, Is a cold hard fact. For our civilization to grow and advance, Pollution cannot be massively reduced overnight.
Are you seriously arguing for human testing instead of animal testing? I'm sorry, But a mouse is millions of times less valuable than a human. If we banned animal testing, The amount of new products would shrink dramatically, Which would again harm humanity. Animals are absolutely necessary to test new medicine, Drugs, Vaccines, And other products that sometimes even help animals themselves! Animals are inferior to humans. That is another cold hard fact which is irrefutable. It may seem like we are testing on animals because of greed, But if we ban animal testing our civilization would collapse.
Atrocities are ABSOLUTELY NOT on the rise. Humanity today is at its most peaceful times. Crime levels and death rates are at an all-time low. There are only a few wars fought around the entire world, And alliances such as NATO help to decrease the amount of wars still. War happens in all species. All species fight: tigers, Lions, Wolves, Foxes, Even bees. Physical conflict is a part of humanity which will never dissapear, And blaming all of mankind for a few wars happening now is wrong.
Sexual harassment, Rape, And murder are ABSOLUTELY NOT becoming more common. I don't know where you got than lie. Like I said before, We live during the best time in the world right now. Crime and wars are falling, And life expectancy and GDP per capita is rising. Claiming that atrocities and crime are on the rise is wrong. You can twist reality to fit your biased worldview, But facts and statistics suggest otherwise.
You can make claims all you want, But the facts don't care about your feelings. Without animal testing and animal products, Humanity will return back to the stone age. Without fossil fuels and manufacturing, Our civilization would fall apart. Nature shouldn't be harmed when possible, But humans are infinitely more valuable than animals and I wouldn't value the lives of some animals over our entire civilization of 7 billion people. Some humans are evil (just like some animals are too), But claiming that all of mankind is evil is wrong. The truth remains the truth: most humans don't rape, Most humans don't steal, Most humans don't kill animals for fun, Most humans don't start wars, And most humans aren't evil. The majority isn't evil, The majority is good. The actions of individuals do not determine the character of 7 billion people.
And finally, Let's finish this debate. Who deserves to win? That will be up to others to decide. It was a pleasure having this debate and discussing such an interesting topic with you. Good luck and goodbye.
Posted by Pineberry12 2 years ago
Pineberry12
I feel as though evil is the broad term, As we don't know what is truly considered evil- just like morals. Obviously we can tell if some things are immoral/evil, But even when we don't realize that we are doing something evil/immoral- is a confusing topic to arise. Otherwise, People may not be considered "evil" among the rest of the population, But it would be hard to hear of the case of perfection, Where sin/wrongdoing has never occurred in one's life- even with apology/forgiveness. And again, Although may learn at the end of the (even minuscule) 'evil' experience, It is still, 'evil'. No?
Posted by Charlatte 3 years ago
Charlatte
Mankind is kinda of evil to be honest. We are killing the planet and treating people horribly in person, Online, In our family. We don't get anything out of it while animals would possibly be mean to other animals or their family, They have a reason to. They do it as survival, I don't think people really do that unless they are being attacked and they defend themselves.
Posted by BiggsBoonj 3 years ago
BiggsBoonj
@Easan yeah, It was great
Posted by Easan 3 years ago
Easan
fun debate? @BiggsBoonj
Posted by Easan 3 years ago
Easan
@melcharaz I agree
Posted by BiggsBoonj 3 years ago
BiggsBoonj
@you see, God doesn't exist.
Posted by melcharaz 3 years ago
melcharaz
you mean from who?

mankind its self. We are self evident destroyers of the earth, We war over greed, Lust and power regardless of human casualties when alternatives are clear but still disagreed upon. We do not make much effort to help those who are lacking, Many nations rather employing a market which helps those who have, To have more rather than make a free market to help those that have not.

God: He sees us as full of sin and born evil. He hates sin and loves us. He wants to save us from wrath and judgement.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@melcharaz

To who?
Posted by melcharaz 3 years ago
melcharaz
from an objective point of view, Mankind is evil.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
The universe dosnt give a fuckk if we nuke this hole place