Leaning
Anonymous

Marijuana

Anonymous has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Leaning

Con

Ahhhh, Why must I reveal my ignorance? Bah, Fine.

Anyway, I told my brother I would rethink my opinion on pot a bit after I left Oregon a few weeks ago or something when my vacation ended. So I'm here to keep that word. As for voting, If you accept the debate, You also accept that people can vote however they like without needing some fancy proper reason for voting (Though explanations and fairness are appreciated)

Pro

fortnite is retarded

there should be a limit of one black family per neighborhood

indians are stinky with an avg iq of 67
Leaning

Con

It's a shame when situations such as this occur. . . My opponent is an a$$. Oh well, It's a nice day outside. Sunny, Blue sky.

Pro

fortnite is retarded
Leaning

Con

Hmm another nice day. Pity my opponent is so off topic.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Leaning
Can a persons values really be argued though? Which is what this talk sounds like to me. A person who believes society should be ordered and protected in some fashion can't be persuaded any more than a person who feels an individual and ANY direction or right they choose is worth more than the society.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
asta
If they use their drug in the absence of their kids, Or if they use it in a way their kids won't know it's the drug (such as eating it in foods only the adults consume) then recreational drug use would be okay.

As for your next example, It's obviously preferred if he does it inside. But it's not so bad that it should become illegal. Parents of such children would probably want to keep their children away from that guy or if they see him, The parents might ignore it and the kid might too. The parent might not care if the kid does it. The parents could decide whether or not to allow their kids to do it.

If you smoke weed, And your kids pick up the habit, They can still smoke it, They just have to pay the tax for it. The tax would reduce incentive to smoke the plant.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Leaning
Last two debates I created on this topic were flops. Not anything in the comments here.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Leaning
Hmm. Point on littering is well taken. A person smoking marijuana is not physically littering.

I still say though that their behavior as example is put into the hearts and minds of society. And can you allow immoral behavior in the current and not expect it to flow downstream of time and make the future less moral.

People so often complain about society forcing them to conform to it. Complain about all the negatives of society. But always ignoring it's positives. Positives possible in large part due to laws that expect certain behaviors from a people.

"When parents drink and store alcohol within the house, In the presence of children, Do the children pickup the habits of the parents? Or do they not care? "
Of Course. I can look it up online, Though right now I'm going to assume, That people with alcoholic parents are more likely to be alcoholic. Same thing with abusive parents and their kids.

Most Americans have certain values and ways of life they like to live. A quite a bit absurd argument, But one I'll mention anyway is this: Suppose you live in a neighborhood and there is this one guy in the park who keeps touching himself inappropriately in public. Anyone including kids can see him. And sure he is not physically harming anybody, But wouldn't you want laws that he do it in the house? Not pass the behavior onto other people? Extreme example, But maybe similar train of thought.
Peoples behaviors and actions DO effect society and other people.
And if we can agree on this idea as true, Then it just comes down to arguing price/severity.

I appreciate you bothering to put in some time to argue this. Last two were a bit of flops. Hmm, Not actually much of a nice day today. Lightening, Thunder, And rain. Well, Not nice in the general sense, I enjoy rain and thunder, Lightning.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
asta
People who litter in no littering zones legally are supposed to pay a fine. Legalizing Weed and taxing it is essentially having the addicts pay a fine for smoking the plant.

On to your prostitution argument, I support prostitution rights for everyone as long as certain criteria are met. The criteria is:

-The prostitute does not have an STD (including HIV/AIDS)
-If married, The costumer's spouse must consent to it.
-The prostitute must be on contraception over 99% effective and if they get pregnant, No abortions allowed. But I digress.

When parents drink and store alcohol within the house, In the presence of children, Do the children pickup the habits of the parents? Or do they not care?

Weed addicts don't care about whether or not others smoke it. They want to smoke it themselves.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Leaning
Do you view marijuana as 'bad stuff'? And if so. . . Isn't this similar to zoning laws or people who litter? Should we allow next ads for the drug on TV, Shall we allow people to build whorehouses next to schools, Or not mind drug addicts who use needles and discard them in playgrounds?

The arguments are absurd, Yes. . . . But, Bit of truth to the absurdity.

People and their decisions influence others around them. They influence society and your children's children. Certain lifestyles are more dangerous than others, And when a negative culture pervades a society, All that society are more endangered by it than before.

Sure. . . Let people make their own decisions and only effect themselves. But are those people who do so really willing to do so? Do they keep their hobbies behind closed doors? Or abandon society and its laws, Ties, And obligations?

No, They intend to forcibly bring society with them, But then they lie about it and claim no responsibility. They ought to at least be honest. Eh, A bit nonsense my argument.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
asta
I support it recreationally with a tax and medically with no tax. If people want to do bad stuff with their body, That's their choice.