Pal21
Challenge Period
Open Debate

Marquis de sade

Challenge Expired
Challenge Expires In
Updated: 2 months ago Status: Challenge Period

Pal21

Pro

Why Annie Le Brun called Marquis De Sade a sudden block of Abyss? Was Sade a precursor of Surrealism?
Posted by TheUnexaminedLife 1 month ago
TheUnexaminedLife
What similarities do you see between the Marquis de Sade and Surrealism (Breton's or otherwise)?
Posted by Leaning 2 months ago
Leaning
I'd have to read the book to know.
Marquis de Sade, Wrote fiction, Not philosophy, I think,
Not a detailed and consistent explanatory philosophy,
But a grotesque show of writing, That evoked some sentiments in the human mind.

He did include a lot of elements that were 'opposed to more. . Traditional thought, Regarding enlightenment, Humanism.

Far too much horror, Pain, Sadism, For me to want to read his writings myself though, I speak of others accounts of his writings.

But the point being, That if his writings were a destruction of the 'standard values of 'good, An abnormal reversal of life, Maybe such explains the statement "a sudden block of Abyss"

Perverse pornographers, The most I think of him, Though this is due in part by my lack of inclination to 'study him or his writings deeply.