YeshuaBought
drrichdolphin

Marriage is about love, not gender.

YeshuaBought has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

YeshuaBought

Pro

I don't understand why two conbsenting adults who are not related can't get married without p ing off the religious right. I am a gay affirming Christian who is bisexual, is there a place in Heaven for me?
drrichdolphin

Con

Well these are two entirely different questions first of all, and second... people are just plain offended by the un-natural atmosphere that gay relationships create in any environment. (besides gay bars/clubs etc...) I myself have a homosexual brother that brings his boyfriend everywhere, and although my family tries to be as understanding as possible, it just makes everyone uncomfortable in public. And as for your second question about weather or not there is room for you in Heaven or not is tough to say because even though your selected lifestyle is considered sinful in the eyes of the lord, He is also forgiving. With that said Ive never herd of a homosexual that was truly a Christian. To be honest, if you want to better your chance of Heaven, I would forget the homosexual lifestyle and just work on building with the lord because it sounds like you might need too. Because just calling yourself a "Christian" and continuing to live a life full of sin, is just living a lie.
Posted by MyFriendBrian 3 years ago
MyFriendBrian
Hi. I'm sorry that you have to wrestle with both the way you feel in your sexuality and your desire for Christ. I don't have all the answers, I don't think any of us do, but I would say to you that the most important thing for you to focus on if you truly do desire Christ and to be saved is, have you found Him and are you saved? Are you truly born again, have you truly received the Holy Spirit, this should be your first and most important thing to figure out. If you have been born again and made a new creation then these are issues that Jesus will help you with. I don't know what answer He'll give you, but I do know that you'll know when something you're doing is no longer right for you as a new creation in Christ, as a child of God. The change doesn't come from a list of rules that you now have to follow, the change comes from the inside out, delivered to you by the Holy Spirit. Of course there's a place in Heaven for you if you choose to be saved by Jesus, the question is where's the place for Jesus in your life here on Earth? Is it the first place, 2nd place, 5th, 10th? Where does Jesus stand in your life? I'm sorry that you have to go through this, the good news is that Jesus loves you and has sent a helper to give you the answers that we can't, the Holy Spirit. I hope you'll choose to listen to Him over all others and follow whatever He tells you. He knows better about your personal situation than anyone else can, loves you more than anyone else ever will, and can be trusted to be right over all people and our opinions. He is God and is unchanging, just make sure it's Him speaking to you as God doesn't contradict Himself. Test the spirits and trust in the Lord. Just remember that no matter what you are infinitely valuable, and infinitely loved. Our value doesn't come from people, it comes from God.
Posted by TheMcGintyMan 3 years ago
TheMcGintyMan
I guess it doesn't really matter, God loves everyone, including Atheist, Homosexuals, and others. But...

In Romans 1:26-28, it says:
"26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done."

summarising this verse, it pretty much says:
"because of their sin, God gave them over to Homosexuality. Women did some hanky-panky with other women, and the same with men. these people received the due penalty of their choices. furthermore, they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of god, so God gave them over to sin, so that they do what they shouldn't."

This verse pretty much means homosexual acts are wrong, and LGBTQ people will receive their punishments eventually.

id probably try and just give up on the homosexual lifestyle, because as the guy that responded to your debate said, it makes others uncomfortable, plus you will end up getting a punishment.
Posted by Im_Intelligent 3 years ago
Im_Intelligent
Remember people, she's only gay because she chooses to be gay, God told me so himself

But seriously, don't buy into that Christian crap, don't base your life on mythology and empty speculation.
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
Why would you want to partake in marriage to begin with?
You'd forgo your sexual freedom.
Posted by Sonofcharl 3 years ago
Sonofcharl
Are you gay, or are you bisexual, or are you simply a human being.
To me, you just sound like someone who enjoys a bit of nookie and there's nothing wrong with that.

We're always trying to classify or pigeon hole ourselves and others, into conceptual boxes. Left, right, religion, married, single, gay, lesbian, bisexual etc.

Don't get hung up on conceptual nonsense, or worry about what others might think. Be yourself and enjoy yourself whilst you are still able to.

You will wither and die and turn to dust soon enough and all the conceptual nonsense you have piled up in that brain of yours will disappear in an instant, never to be thought about again.