liamjohnson
benjamindaniels992

Mermaids are real

benjamindaniels992

liamjohnson

Pro

Mermaids are real. Have you ever seen H2O? Ya that is what i thot. Only an idiot would think they dont exist. People born with one leg are a mermaid. MERMAIDS ARE REAL. ya ppl with one leg prolly shouldnt be thrown into a large body of water to see if they survive but i bet ya darn tootin if u did then THEY WOULD SURVIVE BECAUSE MERMAIDS ARE REAL SO SHUT UP! EOLUTION WE OVOLVED FORM FISHIES!
benjamindaniels992

Con

The definition of a mermaid, according to Merriam-Webster is: "a fictitious or mythical half-human sea creature with the head and trunk of a woman and the tail of a fish, conventionally depicted as beautiful and with long flowing golden hair." Mythical means fake, or something that is told in false stories. Just because you have one leg doesn't mean you are a mermaid. If you have seen a mermaid: kudos to you, but as of right now there is not a single shred of evidence, besides an article from the Onion, that mermaids do in fact exist. As you can see this argument has many major holes in it, and makes absolutely no sense, unless you believe that Narnia is a real place. In conclusion, this is an argument that, 1: Has absolutely no evidence and 2: Has a horrible definition (just because you have one leg, doesn't mean that you are a mermaid)
liamjohnson

Pro

First of all, Narnia is real... But that"s a debate for another time I guess. And also do you have something against people with one leg??!?! Just wondering.. And just for your information, Merium-Webster is a lying, non-believing satanist. Have you even seen Ariel... idiot. And btw there"s a real life Ariel movie coming out so who do you think is gonna play Ariel if mermaids aren"t real? A human? I think not stupid.
benjamindaniels992

Con

Okay. First off, I really hope that you are kidding. Otherwise, you are the dumbest person I have ever met. Oh, and by the way, that's not an ad hominem, because it's the truth, not an insult. Second: If Narnia is real I have two things that I want you to do there. #1 Take a selfie with a talking animal, and put it in your next argument, and #2 Take a selfie with a mermaid.

Argument 1: "do you have something against people with one leg": My Response: No. They just aren't mermaids, because of 2 reasons #1 People that have 1 leg don't swim 50 feet below the water, they sit in wheel chairs. #2 People with one leg aren't magical.

Argument 2: "Merriam-Webster is a lying, non-believing satanist": My Response: No evidence and no source. This is a complete opinion, and a ridiculous one at that. Merriam-Webster is a dictionary. How can a dictionary be a satanist?

Argument 3: "Have you seen Ariel": My Response: Yes, and it is FAKE. Plus, in this new movie that you are talking about, they will use CGI or they will dress people up.

"Argument" 4: "I think not stupid": My Response: Nice ad hominem, but it's not an actual argument.

Just a quick tip: You're arguments and things are full of fallacies.

Thank you,
Ben

https://www.finfunmermaid.com....
liamjohnson

Pro

Your opinions (including the commenters) are absolutely irrelevant to me until you learn the difference between your and you"re and an and a. Like no I am not a idiot, I would be AN idiot but I"m obviously not an idiot because I at least know basic grammar that we all learned in elementary school. And you cannot call me the dumbest person alive when you actually used the wrong your at the end of your argument. You probably don"t have a job right? Hopefully that"s why you"re on this website debating with some random person about MERMAIDS. I bet you are not very well liked if one of the things you do for fun is look up the definition of mermaids on Merriam- Webster just to prove someone wrong. Oh please all of you get a life! Jesus could you not tell this was a joke by the first sentence you read. Spend less time on this website and maybe more on your education or actually go get a life. I can"t believe this went on for 2 rounds and you were still going. And also I"m atheist not a Christian and why would it make me Christian if I believed in mermaids? Everyone I know is laughing at you and how seriously you took this obviously fake argument.
benjamindaniels992

Con

Of course I don't have a job. Most middle schoolers don't. Also nice catch on the "you're" that I did wrong. I'll try to improve. And if we are going to be stupid, and talk grammar. I'm not the one who uses quotation marks instead of commas. Ok, second. I said you were dumb because you thought that mermaids were real. That doesn't mean that my arguments are irrelevant. Third: I couldn't tell this was a joke. There are some pretty stupid people in this world, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually believes in mermaids. "Lastly: Everyone is laughing at YOU not me. Because you believe in mermaids. In conclusion, you obviously didn't make it clear enough that this was a joke, because everyone else who watched this, as you can see from the comments, also thought that you were serious.

Thank you,
Levi
Posted by Bakugan2556 3 years ago
Bakugan2556
Comment for the second round

Pro:"Narnia is real"
Me: .......................................................................................................................................................
YUP, CALLED IT
Also, Narnia is A FICTION STORY! ARE YOU A IDIOT OR WHAT.
Fiction=not real; made up for entertainment or other purposes.

I advise Pro to forfeit less you get vote bombed
Posted by Bakugan2556 3 years ago
Bakugan2556
Pro is a overly religious, controlling, and (ironically) conspirator christian

Im calling it now, let's see how this debate ends
Vote Placed by Luxray2854 3 years ago
Luxray2854
liamjohnsonbenjamindaniels992Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Better conduct and Pro was clearly trolling
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
liamjohnsonbenjamindaniels992Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro called Con an "idiot" in round two. That is poor conduct.