SirNoodles518
YaBoiJose

Metal is a Great and Underrated Music Genre

YaBoiJose has forfeited round #2.
Started: 5/13/2018 Category: Music
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

SirNoodles518

Pro

So metal is my favourite genre of music and I've noticed that it gets slated quite a lot by many people. So in this debate I'd like to argue my point that metal is a great and underrated genre whereas my opponent will be arguing against it.
Please note that my opponent's job won't be to argue for another music genre, just to argue that metal is not a good genre.
YaBoiJose

Con

It was created in the 1960's, that's older than some people on this website in fact, you would be 58 if you were there when heavy metal was created, you must be 58 old man, wannabe Mao Zedong, Looking like the meteor hit your forehead, instead of dusty.
SirNoodles518

Pro

... *Sighs*
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
I know, I agree with you, but people hear it and just the tone of it gets people uncomfortable. It's like you could take a happy pink unicorns and rainbow song and have it sang all metal and heavy and people will scurry the other way. I think people are just used to generic radio pop music and when they hear something heavy they start feeling uncomfortable and think it's associated with Hells Angels bikers and criminal activity and evil stuff.
Posted by SirNoodles518 3 years ago
SirNoodles518
@FanboyMctroll Ikr it's kind of annoying because a lot of metal isn't even Satanic or anti-Christ. It's hardly the most friendly genre but it's not as Satanic as people think because there are different genres - if you wanna listen to Satanic metal you can, if you don't it's really not that hard to find non-Satanic metal.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
Metal is good music but it gets a bad rap because only a small niche of people like it and most see it as anti Christ, evil Satan music and associate it with everything bad in the world.

When I crank it at my work, people scurry away in fear, like I'm about to go postal at work and they feel really uncomfortable when I listen to it.
Posted by BOMJEG 3 years ago
BOMJEG
Hell yeah! I love metal!