Bodhivaka
MrRune

Minimum Wage Laws Should Be Abolished

MrRune has forfeited round #1.
Started: 1/12/2017 Category: Economics
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Bodhivaka

Pro

Pre-Debate Note:

I have chosen to formulate the topic of this debate as, "Minimum Wage Laws Should Be Abolished."

Merely for the sake of ensuring terminological consensus, I ought to clarify that the word should, as used in its relevant context here, simply refers to that which is economically preferable (or to that which enhances, improves, or otherwise maximizes the economic welfare of society generally).

As such, my task (as pro) shall be simply to demonstrate that abolishing minimum wage laws would improve the overall economic welfare of society, whereas the task of my opponent (as con) shall be to demonstrate just the opposite (namely, that abolishing minimum wage laws would harm the overall economic welfare of society).

It's been quite a while since I've debated on DDO; I look forward to meeting my opponent and brushing up on my (likely rusty) debate skills!

Format:

(1) Acceptance
(2) Opening Arguments
(3) Counter-Arguments, Round 1
(4) Counter-Arguments, Round 2
(5) Closing Statements

Rules:

(1) No forfeiting
(2) No plagiarism
(3) No arguing in the comment section

Violation of any of the above mentioned rules shall result in the automatic forfeiture of conduct points.