icebeartheawesome
TheGr81

Minimum wage should be lowered to $5 USD/hour in the United States

TheGr81 has forfeited round #1.
Started: 12/22/2017 Category: Economics

icebeartheawesome

Pro

Minimum wage should be lowered to $5 USD an hour in the United States. It would allow businesses, especially small businesses, to survive during the tough times. Lowering the minimum wage would also put more people to work.

Think about it: $5 USD an hour is $10,400 USD a year, which is enough for a single adult. Also, doing menial, easy tasks, such as being a cashier or a waiter, never requires much skill. Even a third-grader could do such work.

Some people say we must increase the minimum wage to $15 USD an hour, but I see that as preposterous. If we increase the minimum wage, companies and the economy will go bankrupt and collapse within 50 years.

Whoever accepts my challenge will have 3 days to come up with a convincing argument to contradict me.

Good luck!