Factsman
Yassine

Muhammad was a bad person

Factsman has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Factsman

Pro

Muhammad was a horrible person. I am an atheist. I am open to new thoughts though. Change my mind.
Yassine

Con

I thank Pro for instigating the debate & I accept his challenge.

Resolution

{Muhammad Was A Bad/Horrible Person}

Muhammad: the Prophet & founder of Islam.
Bad/horrible person: of immoral reprehensible character.

Rules

- BOP is on Pro, as per the resolution.

- Reliable sources.
- No logical fallacies.

Good luck.
Factsman

Pro

I want to thank for accepting my debate. I am going on vacation so this is going to be my first and last argument. I have tons more but I cannot give them to you because of the character limit. I would like for you to try to debunk every single one of my claims instead of skipping them. I will try to post as much as I can below.

Muhammad married a 6-year-old and got her pregnant when she was 9 (ANSAAR, VOLUME 5 BOOK 58, NUMBER 234). I understand marrying young people was a norm back then. However, Muhummud was a prophet, he should have known it was wrong. Not to mention he had many wives. Muhummud not only married a 6-year-old, but he also hit her (SAHIH MUSLIM, BOOK 36, NUMBER 6597). Muhammad was involved with commanding the killing of certain women (IBN ISHAQ 819, 995), said that women made up the majority of hell (SAHIH MUSLIM, BOOK 36, NUMBER 6597), and there was a woman stoned to death as to his individual orders (MUSLIM 17:4206). Muhammad was a warlord who killed many Christians and Jews. Muhammad also had quite a few slaves. These female slaves were gained through battle after slaughtering their fathers. Muhammad felt like it was his divine calling to kill non-muslims (MUSLIM 1:33). Muhammad murdered people who insulted him (BUKHARI 56:369). Muhammad taught his followers to kill, convert or subjugate Christians and Jews (QUR'AN 9:29). Muhammad instructed his followers to kill apostates (QUR'AN 4:89). The QUR'AN teaches us punishment over compassion (QUR'AN 24:2). Muhammad's last words were, "MAY ALLAH CURSE THE JEWS AND CHRISTIANS FOR THEY BUILT THE PLACES OF WORSHIP AT THE GRAVES OF PROPHETS" (BUKHARI, VOL. 1, #427).
Yassine

Con

Pro’s case in its entirety a shotgun[1] of bare assertions[2] -informal fallacies, all thus rightly dismissed until otherwise proven. Gish Gallop: “the fallacious debate tactic of drowning your opponent in a flood of individually-weak arguments in order to prevent rebuttal… frequently employed in character-limited debate medium”[3] set here to 2000 characters making it impossible for proper rebuttal. Pro provided no reliable sources for his claims only bare references, & made no effort to prove what exactly the Prophet did & why exactly is it reprehensible thus failing to fulfill his burden of proof, thereby violating all the rules of the debate. ‘Muhammed’ could be replaced with any random name in Pro’s R2 & it wouldn’t change its invalidity, being crippled with the absence of any proper argument (conclusion soundly inferred from a valid premise supported by sound evidence) & the resort to false labels, fictitious claims & fallacious interpretations, all further impairing an already weak case. Particularly:

1. Pro falsely labels the Prophet a ‘warlord’: “leader able to exercise military control over a subnational territory within a sovereign state”[4], where in fact himself was the head of the sovereign state established under the Constitution of Medina[5], thus contradicting the definition.

2. Pro fictitiously claims Aisha was impregnated by age 9 when she never was pregnant, & that the Prophet beat her when she herself states: “[he] never beat any of his servants or wives”[6].

3. Pro pretends “kill them” in verse 4:89 to refer to apostates, where in fact it refers -as per 4:88- to Munafiqeen: traitors who pretended to be Muslims while hostile against them. Thus Muslims instructed to “kill [the Munafiqeen]” until they cease hostility: “So if they withdraw and do not fight you and offer you peace, then God gives you no way against them.”4:90[7]

1 goo.gl/4jGTXA

2 goo.gl/c4agtL

3 goo.gl/7p1Huw

4 goo.gl/YTzzgC

5 goo.gl/kNBRSE

6 goo.gl/guw5xu

7 goo.gl/jn36Mz

Factsman

Pro

Thank you for opening my eyes. I have been defeated. I am now beginning to convert to Islam, thank you.
Yassine

Con

You are welcome! Despite Pro's humurous surrender, this counts as a concession. Con thus wins the debate by default.

Posted by Turk082 3 years ago
Turk082
Thoht, I fear you misjudged a great sage.

He did not do genocide nor pedophilia. In fact the story of him marrying a 9 year old is not even in the Quran!

And even if it is, (not in my version)) you have to think the way they though 2000 yrs ago.

No. Think 200 yrs ago, United states. Back then, It was okay and good to marry a 9 year old in the states. So if you were living in the 1800s', You would never say it was pedophilia. . It is only now do way say it is. Don't get me wrong, Pedophilia. Is evil and is a sin to every muslim. But the story is fiction, And even if it were true the girl accepted to marry him anyway, And just because he married her doesn't mean he had relations with her. But I believe the story to be not true.

PS, I am not a muslim. I am a Jew who respects all Muslim because they are within the Noahide Laws.
Posted by Yassine 3 years ago
Yassine
- Error. Can't post my round. I'll keep trying.
Posted by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
He's not a bad person if you like genocide and pedophilia.
Posted by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
Indeed he was.