SlyDebates
billsands

Music Censorship

Started: 10/25/2018 Category: Music

SlyDebates

Con

I believe That Censoring music is wrong and goes against what the artist intended for the song, Giving you a lite-watered down version of what the song once was. For Example, Compare The Song Stan by Eminem to Its Censored Version. There are 2-3 second long gaps in the song because a verse wasn't deemed appropriate for radio. If Something isn't appropriate for radio/mainstream use. Simply don't use that song at all. Don't Infringe on the story or message of the song.
billsands

Pro

For the most part i oppose censorship, But there are limits, Putting a warning on a package of filthy lyrics so a parent can keep it away from a kid is fine, And know what, Music is so filthy now i wish their was bit of censorship, Llyrics used to have to be clever to have double meanings now its graphic degenerate and unimaginative, And i do think it does have effect on young minds and lowers our culture right into a gutter. . This is how rome fell
SlyDebates

Con

I am completely for warning labels for obscene lyrics. That's fine. However, I don't think censored music should be made. For example right now and the radio is post Malone's better now. A lot of the songs just has a lot of cuts in it because they've censored the song for Radio although a lot of songs may have profanity and vulgar imagery in it, It is what the artist intended for the song. As we're moving the way from Radio into streaming we can bypass that now by using streaming services to see the original version of the song, But clean or radio edits completely miss the original intentions. I think you should just avoid using songs with profanity if you don't want them on the radio not cut them up into little pieces. If you do that that would incentivize the artist to making songs without profanity and maybe clean up our music space. The ones who want to continue releasing original music which of their own messages the way they wanted to be said, They can use alternative like Spotify Pandora and apple music. That way every bit of music we're listening to is genuine and is what the artist means and they don't have to change the wording just to be PG.
billsands

Pro

censoring a song is silly and for me annoying i immedialtey go loking for the uncensored version, Censorship has to exist though, One of my favrite vdeios for example is golden earring twil ight zone, In the video you see a pretty dutch women with perfect and i mean perfect tits, I don't know what it is with those dutch, Maybe its all the cheese they eat, On youtube you can find the censored version, They put a black bar over her perfect dutch boobies, How can a pair of tits be offensive considering all the mayhem in the sing? ! I don't understand why tits offend people. I like tits, And they are m uch nicer than the violence and blood shed in the rest of the video, And what do they censor the tits. . . If people are offended by dutch tits fine, Censor them ut, They can enjoy the music and the ultra violence of the rest of the video
un censored https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=L0cYc3-Molo
censored https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=a1sf2CzEq0w
SlyDebates

Con

I was mainly meaning the songs themselves. When it comes to music videos you could definitely make the argument that it's artistic. You don't censor Greek statues or Renaissance art that features nudity because it's considered art. If you want a safe for work version that's fine, But don't change or sensor a product that's already been made, Create a product from scratch that was made to be safe for work and don't leave gaps or bars in that distract you from the work itself.
billsands

Pro

i remember https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=aChZoWFnav4 2 live crews songs and the controversy they caused in the late 80s
i was against the cnsorship then, But songs are so fiilthy now, It shocks me they are allowed, Isnt there any limit? This song seems innocent compared to the trash now
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
I think that is why we have censorship boards so we don't have snuff films and porn playing on TV 24 hours a day
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
I gotta take a stand and say that some music MUST be censored especially when there are bands that have some stuff like necrophilia in their videos. I'm not going to mention the few who have done it, But sorry, Kids should not be witnessing nor hearing stuff like this over the airwaves of any kind. Eminem? What a nothing nobody weakling.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
I agree with you, By censoring the song, It loses it's meaning.

I believe the reason they do it is because kids love the songs but the censorship board believes that if they censor a few words they can still sell the music to kids and make their money.

It's like those Kids Pop albums, They take main stream songs, Have kids sing the songs and alter the swear words to other family friendly words, The kids love it and the parents buy them these albums. But personally I think they are just butchering the songs, To make a buck