The-Ultimate-debater
Rebeccacarlson

My ex-supervisor blamed me without any proof. Isn't he irrational? If 'no' then let's debate.

Rebeccacarlson has forfeited round #4.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

The-Ultimate-debater

Pro

I used to work at a back office of Citibank where me and my two subordinates were responsible for scanning the bundle of documents and after that re-stapling them together. I being senior had the extra duty of preparing check list of documents, arranging them in order and then stapling them together. My supervisor had a duty of preparing a list of documents arriving in our office and documents going out of the office which should tally with each other at every round of arrival.

Once it was discovered that one set of documents had been sent without scanning, which meant that either that particular set was attached with another document while preparing check list or while scanning. However, my supervisor kept on blaming me for an hour for that unverified mistake which he did not even bother to check that who was responsible for that. He did not even wait for the set of documents to arrive from the branch and said that he will be delayed as I made a mistake. He started making baseless accusations by saying to his female subordinate to become hero infront of her that now I will come to him after sometime and roam around near him and ask that is there any work left.

When the set of documents finally arrived from the branch then it was proved that my subordinate had made the mistake of attaching two set of documents together after scanning them as check list was already made and attached with the sets of documents on both on the top of the sets. The supervisor just said "sorry" to me and moved on.

My stand is that I claim that the supervisor was irrational as he did not verify that who made the mistake. All rationalist groups just protest against religion. However, I have never seen them protesting against these irrational acts.

IF YOU THINK THAT THE SUPERVISOR WAS NOT IRRATIONAL WHEN HE MADE THAT MISTAKE THEN YOU CAN START A DEBATE.

SERIOUS DEBATERS ONLY PLS. IF YOU PLAN TO FORFEIT THEN IT WILL JUST PROVE YOURSELF TO BE A FOOL AND A COWARD.

THERE IS NO USE OF COMMENTING ON THIS DEBATE AS I WILL NOT READ THEM AND YOU LIKE A FOOL WILL ONLY WASTE YOUR MINUTES FOR NO REASON.
Rebeccacarlson

Con

Just a warning, not quite sure what I am doing as I am new to the site.

I disagree with you that he was being irrational. He just didn"t want to blame himself. Technicalities say that it is whoever was checking them to make sure. Yes he should have checked, as you said, and no he shouldn"t have just blamed you. He really shouldn"t have blamed you as you weren"t the "new" guy. However, you said he was in front of a "female subordinate ". He may have a crush on her and also be saying it was your fault so that he didn"t look wrong. I always learned that the higher rank is the one with control over the lower rank, and because of that, the higher rank is responsible for the lower rank.

May the best man win!
The-Ultimate-debater

Pro

I disagree with you that he was being irrational. He just didn"t want to blame himself.

1.) There was no way that anyone could have blamed him as he is not at all responsible for making check-list and scanning the documents.
2.) He could have blamed the two subordinates also if he wanted to save himself.
3.) If this is not irrationality, then those who are theists and religious will also say to rationalists and/or atheists that they (theists/religious) are not irrational as they also want to save themselves from any accusation. Why blame theists too that they are irrational? These theists are also rational if that supervisor is rational. You fit the idiom, "Pot calling the kettle black".

Technicalities say that it is whoever was checking them to make sure. Yes he should have checked, as you said, and no he shouldn"t have just blamed you.

When you said that "Yes he should have checked", you have yourself agreed that he was irrational. So, I have nothing more to add here now.

He really shouldn"t have blamed you as you weren"t the "new" guy. However, you said he was in front of a "female subordinate ". He may have a crush on her and also be saying it was your fault so that he didn"t look wrong.

1.) He is a Dravidian, a race where most of the people in that race are black. He also had a dark skin and was from South India, a place where most of the inhabitants are dark. The female subordinate was from North India, and therefore an Aryan, a race where most of the people are either white or wheatish colored. I don't believe that inter-racial and mixed relationship functions, that too just by boasting as if you are at a senior level.
2.) Once again, There was no way that anyone could have blamed him as he is not at all responsible for making check-list and scanning the documents.
3.) He could have blamed the two subordinates also if he wanted to save himself or boast his seniority towards that girl by becoming a hero for her to impress her so that he could have perverted 'mixed' relationship with her. LOL!

I always learned that the higher rank is the one with control over the lower rank, and because of that, the higher rank is responsible for the lower rank.

1.) There were two more subordinates below me to whom he never even said a word.
2.) If I was responsible to that supervisor, then he should have given me equal amount of authority also.

Your turn!
Rebeccacarlson

Con

As I said earlier, the supervisor is held responsible for those beneath him, wether or not he was checking.

"He is a Dravidian, a race where most of the people in that race are black. He also had a dark skin and was from South India, a place where most of the inhabitants are dark. The female subordinate was from North India, and therefore an Aryan, a race where most of the people are either white or wheatish colored. I don't believe that inter-racial and mixed relationship functions, that too just by boasting as if you are at a senior level."
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
The way that you stated this you sounded kind of racist. The skin color doesn"t matter in a relationship, only the feelings you have for you partner. Just because the guy"s skin is darker than her"s, doesn"t mean that they couldn"t like each other.

Your other argument was that he said nothing to the other two. If we was trying to make himself look better, he"d pick the one who"d been there longer. This is because of you pick on the "big" kid, you look bigger than if you pick on the "little" kid.
The-Ultimate-debater

Pro

Honorable Judges, point to be noted that con has made a spelling error of "wether" which is actually 'whether'.
I also said earlier that there was no way that anyone could have blamed him as he is not at all responsible for making check-list and scanning the documents.

I had other reasons also and if you did not identify them then it is not my mistake. Inter racial relationships often break up easily because of cultural clash.

"If we was"???
Probably you tried to say "If he was". Honourable Judges, with due respect you can see that another grammatical error has been made by her.

Making baseless allegations against someone will not impress a sane gal. It will prove that the person who made a baseless allegation is stupid or a show off and if that gal got impressed then she is doing harm to herself only by doing that by choosing a irrational and stupid guy for herself.

Rebeccacarlson

Con

First off, I am sorry for my grammatical mistakes, I was in math class and was in a hurry.
Why exactly are we debating this? This was in the past and you are just dwelling on it. I have better things to do than argue a pointless argument with someone who is simply complaining about his ex-supervisor. Life is difficult and unfair, you can either complain or deal with it. If you think that I am "weak and cowardly" as those who complain for the minor reasons are the weakest of the crop. I know when an arguement is stupid. This one is the stupidest arguements I have ever seen. I will not be replying again. Adios to you.
The-Ultimate-debater

Pro

What an excuse. You could have posted your debate later if you were in a hurry as you could have made time.

Why exactly are we debating this?

That is because most of the people do not verify before accusing someone and with this debate such people can correct themselves.

This was in the past and you are just dwelling on it. I have better things to do than argue a pointless argument with someone who is simply complaining about his ex-supervisor.

This is pointless? Supposing you were sentenced to life imprisonment or death for a crime which you did not commit, would you still say that it was pointless? If you say that this is also pointless then I must say that you are also irrational. Nothing is more important than a life of a person.

Life is difficult and unfair, you can either complain or deal with it. If you think that I am "weak and cowardly" as those who complain for the minor reasons are the weakest of the crop.

If this is minor then you are considering a life of an individual also to be minor which proves that you are also irrational. Supposing if he was a cop, he would have killed you in an encounter mistaking you as a criminal, then would you still consider this to be minor? Co-incidentally, the office where this incident happened was located in that area where two businessmen where shot dead mistaking them as criminals about 11 years ago from that incident.

I know when an arguement is stupid. This one is the stupidest arguements I have ever seen.

You cannot even spell 'argument' correctly and you are telling me that what is stupid? It proves that you are also irrational like that ex-supervisor of mine. Honourable Judges, with due respect again you should again note that she has made a mistake in spelling, "argument".

I will not be replying again. Adios to you.

As you wish, it is your loss. It proves that you are foolish and a coward too by just going away. Honourable Judges, if you still do not consider as forfeiting as a criteria for bad conduct or inconvincing arguments then I must say that you are prejudiced. This is the first time I have considered general audience as judges for a debate of mine and I hope you will not be prejudiced as she is a girl.
Posted by Amphia 3 years ago
Amphia
Race has no culture. Regions/countries have culture.

White people don't have a culture because different white people are from different places. English people have different culture from Germans even though they are both white.

Brown people have no culture. Indians have different culture from Pakistanis but both of them are brown.

It would make more sense if you said Indians can never marry Pakistanis because of the cultural difference but even then, that is also untrue because people in love get over that sort of thing.

Interracial relationships can work, it is implicit bias like yours that perpetuate in society and prevent more racial mixing in the world.