BigBigGAy
asta

National anthem changed to despacito

BigBigGAy has forfeited round #2.
Started: 9/6/2018 Category: Funny

BigBigGAy

Pro

Desapacito should be our new national anthem. The current national anthem is wack. It is just a dull opera song that a bunch of cruddy singers perform at sporting events and has no meaning to the citizens at all. Despacito is a song that many people recognize and would represent our diverse population as a country supporting to immigrants. Having a bilingual anthem would show that our country is open to people of different languages, Culture and style of music. In 2009, 12. 5% of our country's population were foreign born. Imaging if they spoke Spanish and could not understand the national anthem. Would they really be citizens? Or we could just make despacito the national anthem and avoid all of the drama. If despacito was the national anthem, Everyone could enjoy it and at sporting events, Even more singers could sing the anthem. Ok well i have to get back to my school work and destrying more transgenders. Goodbye and good luck beating my debate ;)
asta

Con

Reasons why I think this is a bad idea:

1: Having Hispanophone Despacito as our national anthem essentially discourages assimilation into the anglophone United States. It could help promote 2 official languages in the United States, Which is dangerous for the United States because that is how some countries break up. I did 2 debates on this, And their links are here, You should check them out:

http://www. Debate. Org/debates/Should-Latinos-be-allowed-to-keep-their-culture/1/

http://www. Debate. Org/debates/Should-Latinos-be-allowed-to-speak-their-language-recreationally-within-the-USA/1/ (I forfeit this one because my WIFI broke)

2: Despacito is about love and romance, Whereas the star spangled banner celebrates those who died in a war. What deserves to represent the nation with the biggest military in the world? A song about winning a war and about maintaining freedom, Ending with " in the land of the free and home of the brave" or a song about moving slowly and about being romantic? America, While reproduction is necessary for the future of the country, Is not about love and romantic songs. It is about defending worldwide freedom, Something that it continues to this day in Korea and Japan, In Europe through NATO and it stands for truly basic human rights, Including the capitalist economy. The current star spangled banner represents this much better than Despacito.

People already enjoy the star spangled banner at sporting events and Despacito is just a fad. Less singers would know how to sing the song because most people don't know the lyrics to Despacito and less people know the lyrics to Despacito then they do to the current National Anthem.
Posted by asta 2 months ago
asta
What does that mean? I genuinely don't know.
Posted by itdobelikethat 2 months ago
itdobelikethat
can i get a rip in chat for asta
Posted by asta 2 months ago
asta
I didn't know it was a funny debate.
Posted by Polaris_SSBM 2 months ago
Polaris_SSBM
Con has a strong argument if this were a real debate, But I think he is taking this too seriously, This is obviously a joke and only the stupid of the stupid would go for this. . . 1 percent of the time that is. The category is after all "Funny".