Blessed_Ravon
CruelWorks

Nicki Minaj vs Cardi B

Started: 12/23/2018 Category: Music

Blessed_Ravon

Pro

Thank you to whoever accepts this debate. Rules below:

1. ) For clarification, I am Pro (meaning Nicki Minaj side) and whoever accepts this is Con (meaning Cardi B side)
2. ) Person who accepts must know a considerable amount of information about both artists.
3. ) Con will effectively explain how Cardi B is a better music artist. I then will rebuttal.

I give the floor to my opponent. You have the first word. May we have a good debate.
CruelWorks

Con

Carti B is a transitional artist, She shows a linear progression in positive attitude.

Nicki represents gang violence and promotes illegal activities in search of easy money.

Carti B did live through gang intervention, And is now on a positive road.

If you're debating who's better, It's in style.
That's like asking someone to debate against your religion. There is no way for them to win, It's a 100% biased topic, And it's good that it is.
Blessed_Ravon

Pro

Positivity (Nicki)

This is great. I was going to use this as my argument anyway in one of my points. I'll explain to you how Nicki Minaj is positive. She sends out positive messages to her fans, Encouraging them to stay in school, Since Nicki never went to college which is something she regrets. Nicki has also paid for some of her fan's student loans and such for college. Also, She is very humble she know where she came from and she hasn't forgotten that. Nicki Minaj is transitional as well.

Positivity (Cardi)

Carti B is a transitional artist

Cardi B is on a positive road? She threw a shoe at Nicki at NYFW (New York Fashion Week). That is not positive that's bad and unprofessional. She was also rude and was a loud mouth on Love & Hip Hop (the reason she got famous and became a rapper) would you call that positive? Another thing, A while back she got into it with another woman over social media and calls her dead baby a monkey. I don't have source with me on hand but it has happened I can provide it with you if you'd like.

Gang violence

You stated: "Carti B did live through gang intervention. "

Cardi B was in a gang as you admitted. Nicki Minaj isn't in an official gang, She just rapped about it a couple times. Gang violence and illegal activites are in most rap songs, Nicki raps about it, Cardi does, And a lot of male rappers do too. It's all just for raps. Look at Cardi B's song "Red Barz" everyone is dressed in red, A blood gang. That promotes gang violence.

Now for the debate topic at hand.

Who's better - Nicki Minaj or Cardi B?

Comparing two music artists to a religion is a stretch. You can win in a religion debate that's opposing your side if you bring good and compelling arguments that trumps your opponent. Also, This debate won't be bias -- not on my side it will since I like Cardi. I'm not saying she is a horrible artist. I'm just saying that Nicki is 100 times better. Correct, They do indeed have very different styles. Now, Let's stick to the facts here.

Reasons Nicki is great and why she is better than Cardi B

A. Alter egos. Nicki is known for her weird, Quirky personalities. She's not afraid to be herself. She's also very versatile. She makes pop/light hearted songs such as "Super Bass" "Your Love" and "Starships" you get the pop and sweet Nicki, And then you have the hardcore rapping Nicki with witty and excellent lyrics. No need to even name the songs. There are many of them. I'm not saying Cardi has to have alter egos, I'm just displaying the uniqueness of Nicki.

B. Before you bring this up, Because I predict that you will. "All Nicki raps about is sex, And her v*gina. " She doesn't only rap about that. She has very conscience songs that are positive, And send out great messages. For example "Moment 4 Life" "Freedom" and "All Things Go" those songs are spectacular from Nicki. Freedom is one of my favorite songs from her. If you haven't listened to it, Go right ahead. Cardi could never reach that altitude. Lyrics speak for themselves. Not to mention Moment 4 Life. A classic from Nicki, Look at her first verse alone.

C. Not to mention songs with an old school Biggie vibe to them. For example "Four Door Aventador" and "Barbie dreams". Please listen to Four Door Aventador, How can you compare that to Cardi?

D. Look at Nicki's "Monster" verse. That alone. Again, How could Cardi compare?

E. Nicki's voice is very appealing to hear, It just sounds good.

F. Nicki rides the beat VERY well when she raps. This, You cannot deny. Source: Link does not work on here so just go to YouTube - 6ix9ine, Nicki Minaj, Murda Beatz - “FEFE” (Official Music Video) and go to 1:04 to hear Nicki's verse. One of my favorite verses from her. Cardi couldn't ride a beat like that, She probably wouldn't even sound right.

G. Nicki writes her own bars. Cardi doesn't even write her own bars, She has ghostwriters.

H. Nicki is clearly just a better rapper. She is an actual lyricist. Cardi is not. Cardi would be more suited as an entertainer or a comedienne. People love her for her personality. People love Nicki for her music (as well as her personality)

I. I could easily say "Nicki is a vet, She's been in the game for 10+ years, Cardi just came" but that frankly doesn't even matter when it comes to SKILL. If both Cardi and Nicki came in the game at the same time, Nicki would still be better.

J. It's annoying how so many people are discrediting Nicki and insulting her intelligence after Cardi came. After all the work Nicki has put in, People want to ride the Nicki hate train and ignore all the work she has put in and just say Cardi is better? That is insane. That's like comparing Jay Z to Lil Pump.

To reassure you, I do like Cardi. I love a few of her songs, She makes good songs but I'm simply pointing out that she is not better than Nicki at all.

Also, It's Cardi not Carti. I just had to let you know because the misspelling was bothering me.
CruelWorks

Con

Like I said, There's no way to determine who's better because it's an opinion.

You said you can prove religion if you bring good arguments.

If that's so, Why is there still religion? Those who practice it have no proof it exists.

Why tf did I take this challenge, I don't know about either, And I will never need to know about either.

Why are you writing essays to prove your favored artist is better?
Blessed_Ravon

Pro

1. There is a way to determine who is better. These are facts. How is one music artist (Cardi) better than the other when they just came in the game whereas the other music artist (Nicki) is a vet and been in the game 10+ years and has worked with almost every big music artist such as Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna, Keyshia Cole, Cierra, Eminem, Tyga, Drake, Lil Wayne, Justin Bieber, The list goes on and on. It would make more sense for someone to say Cardi B is better perhaps 10 years from now, She is still new to the game. Cardi has a lot of songs and even albums even so, At this moment she is not better than Nicki. Nicki is an extremely talented lyricist. She's one of the best female rappers in the world. She surpassed all over female rappers before her, And she is the queen. She won't get off of her throne any time soon.

2. I don't care about religion, That isn't what this debate is about.

3. Yeah, Why did you take this challenge? You clearly broke the rule in Round 1 when I stated "2. ) Person who accepts must know a considerable amount of information about both artists. " You will never need to know about either? If that's the case, Then why take the debate explaining your side on Cardi B if you don't know about her (as you say) and you don't need to know about her? Yet you briefly said a few things about Cardi B that you seem to know.

4. Again, I like Cardi as well, I'm not being 100% bias but I'm saying that Nicki is simply much better. I wrote an essay because this is a debate website, What did you expect? In one of my rules, If you paid attention -- I did set it to 10, 000 characters meaning me and my opponent may write however much they like. 99% of the debates on this website are very long. It's a debate, You are proving your point. That's what serious debaters do, It's called elaborating. Yet you're only typing 4 to 5 sentences. That won't get you anywhere in a debate depending on what the topic is. This happens to be a controversial topic so this is the reason why I said so much, And had you cared about this debate + accurately knowing about both artists you would have reached my standards, But you haven't unfortunately.
CruelWorks

Con

CruelWorks forfeited this round.
Blessed_Ravon

Pro

Con forfeited. They have another chance to respond to my R3.
CruelWorks

Con

CruelWorks forfeited this round.
Blessed_Ravon

Pro

Con forfeited. They have another chance to respond to my R3. If Con responds to my R3 in their R5 I will respond in comments. If Con forfeits in R5 then the debate over.
CruelWorks

Con

CruelWorks forfeited this round.