MasterMewtwo
ZaTank

Nintendo Death Battle: Player's Choice

ZaTank has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

MasterMewtwo

Pro

I've decided to get back into Death Battle debates. You're allowed to choose almost any Nintendo character you want in Round 1.

Rules:

1) Your character can't summon or have any assistance. It will soley be 1v1.
2) Neither character can teleport. This is to negate potential loops of teleporting to dodge attacks.
3) Pokemon are allowed (if you're choosing a "3 in 1" pokemon like Magneton, I'll allow it).
4) Whoever would get knocked unconscious or dies first loses.
5) The fight will be in an arena 30 meters wide and 30 meters long. Fleeing isn't an option.
6) Each character will be in their prime (most powerful, and usually most common) state.
7) Both characters have time to ready their weapons, but otherwise they have no prep time.
8) You can choose any character from the following series by Nintendo: Mario, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Kirby, Splatoon, Arms, Pokemon, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Punch Out, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong Country. (If you're wondering if your character counts as Nintendo, ask in the comments before accepting)
9) Here's a list of characters that seem too powerful, and thus banned: Hades (Kid Icarus Uprising), Palkia, Dialga, Arceus, Yveltal (Pokemon). There's still plenty of characters to choose from, though!
10) All claims you make should be backed up with evidence. Matchups or tier lists in Smash Bros won't count as reliable evidence.
11) Removing the opponent from the field won't count towards a victory. Even if this means into a volcano or whatever, it won't be allowed.
12) No adding information in the final round as I'll be unable to properly respond.
13) If you fail to follow these rules, you'll forfeit the debate.

The character I'm choosing is Meta Knight (from the Kirby series). Good luck to both fighters.
ZaTank

Con

Challenge accepted. I'll be Link.
MasterMewtwo

Pro

Thank you for accepting. Here's why I'd believe Meta Knight could win;

Strength: Meta Knight is capable of fighting through various areas, defeating Dyna Blade (a powerful giant bird), destroyed his own ship Halberd (by breaking the vital areas), and taking down the universe's greatest warrior, Galacta Knight, on different occasions.

[ 8:00 is Dyna Blade, around 16:53 is infiltrating Halberd, 30:02 is Galacta Knight. I posted a speedrun since you'll waste less time.]
[Here's Galacta Knight's page: http://kirby.wikia.com... ]

Durability: Meta Knight can take a few hits from the enemies mentioned above. He's also fought Kirby several times and puts up quite the fight. With Galaxia's powers, he can heal himself to full.

[http://kirby.wikia.com...]

Speed: Meta Knight is rather quick, especially with Meta Quick (previous source).

Galaxia: Galaxia is Meta Knight's sword, and it's helped him in various fights. It can light fuses, pound pegs, destroy large obstacles Kirby'd need a robot for, and take Meta Points from its victims, storing at most 50. These points allow him to use Galaxia's powers to heal, increase speed, and use attacks such as Mach Tornado (a full screen attack), and Galaxia Darkness (he swings his cape and damages anyone caught in it).

I think that's enough for now. What can Link do?
Posted by MasterMewtwo 3 years ago
MasterMewtwo
Please read the rules, Vvandium. Palkia's banned in this debate, and you can only have 1 character. They can't have any assistance, whether through summoning or otherwise. So if you had to pick a trainer, you could only use that human (who'd probably stand no chance against the Galaxia Sword).

You're free to enter the debate if you wish, just make sure you aren't breaking rules. (A character I'd suggest is Mario or Samus.)
Posted by Vvanadium 3 years ago
Vvanadium
I remember reading sonic, but I guess I was wrong, I looked back at the debate.
What about Pokemon trainers that own up to 6 Pokemon? You could use a loophole and get Girantina or Palkia by using Cyrus.
Posted by MasterMewtwo 3 years ago
MasterMewtwo
I interpret Pokemon as a gray area. This article goes into depth on the ownership of Pokemon: http://toucharcade.com...

But putting it simply, Nintendo and Gamefreak both own Pokemon, and it's not as simple as Nintendo owning Mario. Also, I definitely don't recall Sonic being mentioned in this debate.
Posted by Vvanadium 3 years ago
Vvanadium
I believe Sonic is Sega, but eh, Pokemon is GameFreak, however they are still here? But whatever, I guess it really doesn't matter, it's just a fun battle
Posted by TheMorningsStar 3 years ago
TheMorningsStar
I would ban use of the Triforce as an fyi, otherwise someone could simply make their character wish your character to death.
Posted by MasterMewtwo 3 years ago
MasterMewtwo
I've decided I post the reasons for the characters I'm banning here.

Hades is way too powerful, and practically impossible to defeat in a 1v1. (It took the combined powers of Pit, Medusa, Palutena, and the Great Sacred Treasure. Even then, he didn't go down that easily.)
Palkia rules over spatial matter, and could easily wipe an opponent from existence or at the least corrupt their matter. (Pokemon can't use such abilities in-battle since game purposes)
Dialga controls time, and there's no real counter to this.
Arceus was said to create the universe, and logically able to demolish it as well.
Yveltal is the Destruction Pokemon, and basically rules over death. (Again, they don't do this so people can stand a chance in the video games.)
Posted by MasterMewtwo 3 years ago
MasterMewtwo
@Vvanadium Mega Man is Capcom, not Nintendo (the fact he's in the Capcom vs series should let you figure that out).

Though I might ban more characters, and I'm surprised no one took advantage of all the ones I didn't list. [Though I'm not certain about Ganon, since in some games you can beat him without the Master Sword, such as Ocarina of Time (Biggoron Sword deals more damage), and Breath of the Wild (where you can use anything to damage him as long as you're able to survive, including spears, axes, brooms, or arrows).
Posted by Vvanadium 3 years ago
Vvanadium
This sounds interesting, what about Megaman? Also, Ganodorf should be banned, I believe that he is invincible to everything besides the Master Sword, which Meta Knight does not have.
Posted by MasterMewtwo 3 years ago
MasterMewtwo
@DeepInThought I'm glad you asked. Removing the opponent from the field (also known as Battlefield Removal or BFR), won't give you a victory, though I don't know how many Nintendo characters are capable of such.
Posted by Bakugan2556 3 years ago
Bakugan2556
I choose you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Inkling with e-liter 4k scope!