Lakerfan
CheckmateQ

No school uniforms

Lakerfan

Pro

"Nike is the uniform for kids all over the world. . . ""~ M. I. A.
Nike is the everyday attire for kids all around the globe. People think that middle schools shouldn't have students wear school uniforms. There are many reasons why people think that middle schools shouldn't have uniforms such as everyday attire is more comfortable, It restricts students from expressing themselves, And it takes a shorter amount of time to get ready.
Students want to be the most focused in school, So middle-schoolers would rather wear everyday attire because it is more comfortable. Many middle school students will agree with a writer who said: ". . . The uniforms can be very uncomfortable too tight or too loose. " (debate. Org) School uniforms can be so tight around the waist that students get a stomach ache. If middle-schoolers end up getting a stomach ache students will need to go to the office. This might cause students to miss school for the rest of the day which will put students behind in some classes. Missing class is a bad thing for students, So allowing middle school students to wear comfortable or everyday attire such as Nike is helpful.
CheckmateQ

Con

Ladies and gentlemen, Though it is my first time debating in this website, Fear not! For I have experienced debating.
I will try my best to rebut or post my argument in due time since I am having technical issues (don't ask me why)

Anyhow, Let us begin.
First, Let me define what a school uniform is.
There is a difference between a dress code and a uniform. According to a scholar, This scholar said that a uniform can be called as a uniform if:
> It serves the purpose of representing the school,
> Suppresses individuality;
> Proves legitimacy by exposing the student's position.

Okay, Sure, I agree with the fact that they can express and it "becomes easier" for students whenever they go to school, But, Here is where your point slips up.

Let me tell you the benefits of wearing a uniform:
- EQUALITY
- SCHOOL SPIRIT
- DISCIPLINE

> It supports discipline (not on a strict level)
> It makes the student proud of the school they are in (because the school's emblem is imprinted in the uniform)
> It improves school spirit
> Promotes healthy relationships within student-teachers
> Promotes individual self-expression
> Reduces expulsions/suspensions
> Decreased vandalism and crime
> Increased chance of staying in school, Commitment to learn and much more.
> Helps in repressing students to buy trendy clothes

To make you understand better, Let me answer this through a Q and A:

Q: School uniforms prevents students from expressing themselves
A: So what? If they can't express themselves through their appearance then they can express themselves through other ways.

Q: School uniforms does not decrease bullying and can increase violent attacks
A: That is the reason why there are rules and regulations for this. And detention. And counseling. And expulsion. And many

Q: School uniforms = Too tight/too loose
A: Again, So what? If that's the case, Then a solution to this would be to create a system in which before school starts, Parents can adjust and measure the size of the uniform they need.

Now, For the rebuttal:

If there was no school uniform. . .

. . . It would push students to wear trendy clothes or which are inappropriate.
. . . School spirit would decrease
. . . It will increase the likelihood of rape or sexual harassment
. . . Rich families will make their children (or the children themselves decides) to wear expensive clothing, Which the financially challenged families can't, Causing competition.

Dear audiences, If we were to implement the so called "no school uniforms", Schools would look like picnic grounds with actual students walking around.

However, In order to solve the problem being "expressing yourself", Then simply just make it so that maybe at the last week or maybe the school can add events where students can wear their own attire.

Henceforth, Whether it be with no school uniforms or yes school uniforms, The best answer here would be that YES SCHOOL UNIFORMS as it has already been implemented throughout the globe around the 1600's when it hit the historical records. This is one of the reason why my case stands better, Because of the mere fact that up until now, Uniforms are still being worn and used. Now, Tell me your specifics why there should be no school uniforms. Tell me who that writer you were talking about and when he/she stated that statement. My case is better and should be voted upon.
Lakerfan

Pro

Some students want to express themselves in the attire they are wearing. Many middle school students will agree with "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, Or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, Or abridging the freedom of speech, Or of the press, Or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, And to petition the Government for a redress of grievances". (Amendment 1) If schools don't let middle-schoolers wear everyday attire they are taking students the freedom to express themselves away. It is stated in the 1st amendment of The Bill of Rights that freedom of religion, Speech, And the press is against the law. Therefore, Some students would like to express their feelings in what they wear so students would rather wear everyday attire.
CheckmateQ

Con

" If schools don't let middle-schoolers wear everyday attire they are taking students the freedom to express themselves away. "

It doesn't necessarily mean that students CAN'T wear their own attire, In some cases they are allowed to wear other attires if they have no uniform or there is an event, The student themselves decides whether or not they should wear uniform. If they don't then the teacher will just remind the student to wear uniform, They can in fact, Wear their own attire, It's just that wearing school uniforms are better.

Now let me restate everything that you didn't answer.

If there was no school uniform. . .

. . . School spirit would decrease (because of emblem and equality)
. . . It will increase the likelihood of rape or sexual harassment (because of inappropriate clothing)

"Many middle school students will agree with a writer who said"
Tell me who that writer was.

"Some students would like to express their feelings in what they wear"
Tell me your specifics why students shouldn't wear school uniform. Not only self-expression.

"Therefore, Some students would like to express their feelings in what they wear so students would rather wear everyday attire. "
There are other ways students can express themselves, Not only through their own attire.

"Too tight or too loose"
Then just re-adjust the uniform or measure it before the school even starts.

"If schools don't let middle-schoolers wear everyday attire they are taking students the freedom to express themselves away"
Though you are only talking about your own country, How about others?
And anyways, Even if they do "take the freedom to express themselves", That's understatement, To restate that would be "schools take the freedom to express the APPEARANCE of a student", Which would mean that it doesn't take the WHOLE FREEDOM to EXPRESS THEMSELVES as there are MANY OTHER WAYS TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES, Not just through their attire.

So what is your point here? It seems that your point here only sticks to the argument that students can't express themselves, Though actually they still can express themselves, But not on their appearance, There are other more ways I can say myself a student can express themselves. You are saying that the students has an incapacity to express themselves as a whole just because they can't wear what they want? That's ridiculous! The school isn't taking the right of students to express themselves as a whole just because they can't wear what they want, They are only taking the opportunity that everyone in the school will be equal to each other through appearance. Again, They can express themselves in many other ways, Not just through a simplistic uniform.

My case still stands.
Lakerfan

Pro

Lakerfan forfeited this round.
CheckmateQ

Con

Well, Ladies and gentlemen! It seems that the instigator has forfeited (how sad), Though how he/she may have had some points, My case still stands. That is because ever since centuries ago, School uniforms has already been implemented. Why change something so historical now when you can invent other things than changing history?

"Life is a dream for the wise,
a game for the fool,
a comedy for the rich,
a tragedy for the poor"

- Sholom Aleichem -