backwardseden
raanyaprabhu

Nobody needs or requires a god to better their lives

raanyaprabhu has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

backwardseden

Pro

Nobody needs or requires a god and or a supreme deity, Especially of Abrahamic religions, Namely from the texts of the torah, The bible, Or the quan to better their lives.

State specifically why belief in a god and or a supreme deity from the torah, The bible or the quran betters your life?
raanyaprabhu

Con

Religion was brought into this world just to bring about unity and discipline in people. I don't understand why one might need God to correct him. A person can unite himself with other people and be a disciplinarian at the same time even though he might be an atheist. Religion need not be the source of shaping a person's life. But, As far i've seen nowadays wars between Religions are arising. This isn't discipline. Let's just say that it is against religion as God himself does not preach war but he preaches about brotherhood/sisterhood. I stand by my last statement as a citizen of India where religious appraisals happen a lot. And so we do not need God to make better our lives.
backwardseden

Pro

"And so we do not need God to make better our lives. " You misunderstood, Perhaps. Let's see. Its different from "And so we do not need a God to make better our lives. " See the difference?
"Religion was brought into this world just to bring about unity and discipline in people. " No. Religion is invented and was invented to explain the unexplained. And then through most religions, Though not all power is given and then through that power trickles down fear and then through that fear is control. But I do agree with you there's no understanding in "I don't understand why one might need God to correct him. " Or it can be stated "a" god. See the difference? As man was doing just fine before the text of the god of the torah, Bible and quran infected him with terrorist ideals. "A person can unite himself with other people and be a disciplinarian at the same time even though he might be an atheist. " That's absolutely true even though among religions such as christianity, Judaism ans islam, The texts say to kill that person. And yet there's not been 50 years of peace since their god's inception, Not at anyplace not during any time and not at any time. Kinda puts things into perspective. "Religion need not be the source of shaping a person's life. " Again, True. Why look up to something that's never been proved by anyone in the entire history of the human race? "But, As far i've seen nowadays wars between Religions are arising. " They've ---always--- been at war. Its like a child's game "My god is better than your god nah nee nah nee boo boo and I'm going to fight to the death because of it even though I cannot prove my god exists. "

"You"ve got 3 religions of peace all worshiping the same god of love and forgiveness, And yet they"ve been at war, Continuously, Ever since their inceptions. " Aron Ra he's right.

"Let's just say that it is against religion as God himself does not preach war but he preaches about brotherhood/sisterhood. " Actually the god of the torah, Bible and the quran in its texts most certainly does preach about war.

Now I'm not all that familiar with Hinduism (if that is what you were trying to refer to? ). But I sure do know this that its nowhere near as violent nor as hateful as judaism, Christianity or islam. Hinduism does not practice nor does it preach evil, Hate, Pain, Hell, War, Death, Greed, Violence etc etc etc the way judaism, Christianity, And islam does.