IrynTony
ScienceManEric

Our Own - Should Violent video games be banned

IrynTony has forfeited round #2.

IrynTony

Con

Video Games, Violent or calm, Will only stimulate students to fully shift to the virtual world and take refuge in it
ScienceManEric

Pro

Why do you think that just because somebody plays video games they will automatically live in that world and not know the difference between reality and fiction? Many reasons people want to ban video games are because they cause violence.
So far we have no evidence to support the claim that video games cause violence. Many studies have shown this and most have come back with negative correlation. Although it is true some people may not know the difference and want to kill, It has an effect on few people. It is ridiculous to think that just because it happens to one person it means everyone is the same.
Video games are very popular, Meaning many people play it. If so many people play them it is guaranteed that at least one person will be different from others and be crazy. I would like to know if you think that this is truly correlation or just causation.
For non-violent video games It is the same case, We have no proof of it causing violence. But just like video games I don't deny some people are just different and take things to extremes.
I would really like to know more about your point and explain as to why you want them banned. If the reason I gave was not what you were talking about I apologize for making you read that. I just really need to know more to argue further.
Posted by Leaning 2 months ago
Leaning
@IrynTony
So are you for or against violent video games being banned, I can't tell from your argument?
Also banned by 'who, The entire country, Schools, Parents, Small communities of people?