omar2345
YeshuaBought

Our society is not male dominated

omar2345

omar2345

Pro

This is mainly from Jordan Peterson's debate on GQ but I do not see how she has that mindset. Want to see if anyone else agreed with her.

This would be any issue that you think males unfairly dominate over women and are able to explain why they do.

I'll first start of with the gender of the United States. From the source below as of 2017 women make up more of the population then men. I can explain this with murder rates, Suicide rates or the average a man lives compared to a woman but I want to hear the opposite side.

Source:

https://www. Statista. Com/statistics/737923/us-population-by-gender/
YeshuaBought

Con

Yes it is. After I was raped, I was treated like I was asking for it by some people I know. I am a woman, My rapist is a man. His lawyer even said i was asking for it. This is a form of rape culture perpetuated by privileged men. Let me tell you also about Broque Truner who was caught raping a young lady who was drunk. He never got REAL time. Another rapist who happened to be a man was never charged with rape even though their was enough evidence. Women used to be denied justice if they were raped by a spouse, Or date. What we have is men deciding whether women have sex or not, Instead of the actual women deciding. On to other things: Men decide women don't have the right to be paid the same as a man, Men decide what birth control women use, And even if a rape or spousal abuse victim can use force to save her life. Girls are more likely to struggle in school. Hillary won the majority vote and Trump was elected. I am no liberal sissy Mary, But I am tired of being viewed as less human than a man.
omar2345

Pro

"After I was raped, I was treated like I was asking for it by some people I know"

There are fringe elements to everything. The best thing to do is to distance yourself from them or engage with and see what they are saying. I am sure when you clear a few details they will stop being a burden.

"I am a woman, My rapist is a man. His lawyer even said I was asking for it. This is a form of rape culture perpetuated by privileged men. "

That is one instance to paint all men entitled to doing this. If this was the case why is Bill Cosby found guilty? "privileged men" either you define it or every single man is privileged in his own way. By not defining I find it subjective and different from each individual man. One man has the privilege to the most wealth in the world whereas another has the privilege of having a family.

"REAL time. "

Can you define what "REAL time" is?

"Women used to be denied justice if they were raped by a spouse, "

And now you live in a time with innocent until proven guilty. We cannot go back in time and change it we can only change the future.

"What we have is men deciding whether women have sex or not, Instead of the actual women deciding"

If the women is not deciding wouldn't that be force? Which leaves me to say are you saying all sex is rape perpetrated by men?

"Men decide women don't have the right to be paid the same as a man"

You said "right" so I have to assume you have a law in place that says man should be paid more then woman. Can you tell me what that is?

"Men decide what birth control women use"

Do you mean male doctors or a significant other choosing? Ultimately it should be the woman's choice but can't a man who has an interest not have his say on it?

"Girls are more likely to struggle in school. "

There are stats to say otherwise. If you look at graduate statistics women graduate at a higher rate then men. The one below states as of 2017 34. 6% of women in the US have a diploma or higher whereas 33. 7% of men in the US have a diploma or higher. "Struggle" is subjective but if you meant difficult why do more women have a diploma or higher then men?

"Hillary won the majority vote and Trump was elected"

Trump won 306 electors which was enough for him to be president.

"But I am tired of being viewed as less human than a man. "

You can view yourself however you want to. Who is viewing you in this way?

I think you make broad generalisations of all men. By your tainted experience of one man you have an idea most men are like this. This would be a bias before knowing the person. That is not helpful in determining whether the man is good or not instead you already assume that the man is bad. By having assumption you write of all men as bad and do not give them a fair shot. Let's say I write of all women because my mother gave me up for adoption (did not happen). I used that as fuel as hatred for all women but I do not realise not all women are like my mother. I think you are doing the similar thing plus you do not understand the biological difference between men and women. Men are capable of working longer periods whereas women are not because they become pregnant (if they choose to). The trade off is that the woman raises a child and the man has less life expectancy (many factors go into this like: risk, Time, Etc).

Source:

https://www. Statista. Com/statistics/184272/educational-attainment-of-college-diploma-or-higher-by-gender/

YeshuaBought

Con

Strawman fallacy. I never said all men are rapists. I just pointed out some instances where women's rights are not protected. I also never said I hate men. I just loath self entitled blanks of any gender or ethnicity. I feel you are being dishonest when representing my position, But meh. Anywhoo, There is the wage gap, Hobby Lobby where men decide what contraceptives women can use, Male and some women doctors refuse to sterilize consenting adult women. I think if a woman does not ever want to conceive children, That is her right. Politicians fail to compact Islamic rape culture here and abroad. CPS refused to investigate when a 13 year old girl was raped by her father. You failed to adress the fact that me being told I was asking for it is rape culture.
omar2345

Pro

Instead of rebutting the claims I made you read the last paragraph and said he strawmaned me. I rebutted 8 of your points and you decided to rebut me by misrepresenting me. I said think. I never said I know. You could've said no I don't think all men are rapists and then rebut my other 8 points but instead you choose the strawman fallacy to use as a sort of rebut to a thought I had.

"Strawman fallacy"

You did say men which is plural to man. You didn't not say how many so I am assuming all men. It is not a stretch when you do not give evidence to support your arguments or specifically say which men are doing it.

From Round 1: "Men decide women don't have the right to be paid the same as a man" That is plural so who are you speaking about 2 men or all of them?

"I just loath self entitled blanks of any gender or ethnicity. "

I do not know what you mean by this.

"wage gap"

Prove it exists and tell me why it is unfair.

"Hobby Lobby where men decide what contraceptives women can use"

Men as in plural decide what contraceptive women can use. Can you prove that?

"Male and some women doctors refuse to sterilize consenting adult women. "

Prove it

"I think if a woman does not ever want to conceive children, That is her right. "

How about after the point of conception?

"compact Islamic rape culture here and abroad. "

This is the definition of the rape culture: Rape culture is a sociological concept for a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality.

Are you telling me it is United States job to work out how many women get raped in Saudi Arabia? Saudi Arabia do not even record statistics for those. Explain how there is an Islamic rape culture.

"CPS refused to investigate when a 13 year old girl was raped by her father. "

Evidence

"You failed to address the fact that me being told I was asking for it is rape culture. "

What? Do you even know the definition of rape culture? "Asking for it" is not a rape culture it is someone's opinion. If you do not like that then you support banning hate speech instead of there being a rape culture.

Here is the definition of Rape culture:
Rape culture is a sociological concept for a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality. No where in it says someone saying you were asking for it means it is a rape culture. Rapist are put in jail, Even one's that have been wrongfully convicted.

How does this prove the society is male dominated again? The only thing I see is single point data instead of giving me data across the United States. One person not being found guilty is not a rape culture when majority of others are convicted of rape.

You did not address my 8 points or give me evidence for the other that I pointed out require evidence for me to take it seriously but you choose to strawman me and then add more argument acting as if you somehow rebutted me with the strawman fallacy. You did not.

YeshuaBought

Con

YeshuaBought forfeited this round.
YeshuaBought

Con

If you made a valid claim, I would address it. You really did twist what I am saying. I am not saying all men are rapists, I am just pointing out situation where men have privilege. When my rapist's lawyer said I was asking for it, That was an example of male privilege. You are not a woman, So you have no idea what women go through. You also failed to specify whether you are refering to America only, Or if you are refering to humanity in general. I should specify that I am not a liberal or a feminist. You did not say I was, I just want the readers to understand where I am coming from. I also have questions for you. Why do men think they have the right to decide women's issues? Do you see me deciding men's issues? I have no problem with classy gentlemen. I think they deserve respect, For they are respectable. What I loath is self entitled man boys who feel the need to manspain to women. I don't need help understanding my rights as a woman, And as a human being. I have the right to not endure rape culture. I have the right to equal pay for equal work. Women had to fight for the right to vote. Many were forcefully sterilized and tortured, Just for having the moral right to vote. Women had to fight for their right to justice after being date or spouse raped. Women are still fighting in some states to choose adoption after being raped without the rapist's consent. Women still fight for their right to have their tubes removed that truely want to. Most political leaders are men. Not male dominated, My lilly white bum. Peace.
omar2345

Pro

(Did have a lot more written down but for some reason it was not posted so I am not writing the entire rebuttal again)

Basically this debate was not helpful. You did not clarify your position, Rebut my rebuttals or provide any evidence.

This debate was also really annoying. I took it seriously whereas YeshuaBrought didn't which is what made it annoying.

Hopefully someone found this debate helpful. I didn't.
YeshuaBought

Con

YeshuaBought forfeited this round.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Dominate: have power and influence over.

Don't want it just pointed out, I also want to see how it is unfair.
Posted by Yea.ter 3 years ago
Yea.ter
Girls are more likely to struggle in school?
no, Academic wise they are doing much better then boys.

no debate there, Evidence is pretty solid on that.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Its only 4 pages back
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
If you go into my previous debates, Like maybe 10 pages back, I have a debate called prophecy or prediction. . I explain more there, And im open to debating it
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
A master plan cooked up thousands of years ago
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I believe that jewdom, Christianity, And islam are all part of a great sceme for world domination, These books came from the same place, I believe christianity is like a booster rocket for islam to take over the world. . When christianity talks about satan and the end of the world or apocalypse and such, Its refering to islam, Allah would be satan

islam is an extreme version of atheism, And it exists to wipe out all religions. . And religious fools will let it in in the name of freedom of religion, A trojan horse rolling right through our gates, And it has, And more is comming, Yet we are still blind, Believing islam is a religion
Posted by McSloth 3 years ago
McSloth
Could you define "dominated" please.
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
@vi_spex

Can you explain it?

I don't know what you mean.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
I even believe its on purpose, So that eventually our society will accept the man, Islam
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Agreed, Its like a women dominated islam, With allah being money
Vote Placed by Thoht 3 years ago
Thoht
omar2345YeshuaBoughtTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both need to structure their thoughts more clearly. Clarity is important in debates. Throwing out 15+ points in 1 paragraph without delving deeper can be hard to follow, and leave you open to be misinterpreted. You both have valid points, but to be convincing requires more than having valid points. It means showing your opponent and the readers what proves that things are they way you think they are. It means defining your words. "Rape Culture" is a term that deserves a definition. The definition of this is not clear. "Wage Gaps" need to be made clear as well. I think the question of whether or not society is male dominated is a silly one. It is, and has been even more in the past. The question you may want to ask is whether or not it is acceptable for a society to be dominated by men. Whether or not they can do an acceptable job. "Privilege" also deserves definition. Yeshua, feminist terms make sense and are not controversial if you define them well. The question is why that matters.