ConfluxReflux
Masdebating69

PC Gaming is better than console gaming

ConfluxReflux has forfeited round #2.
Started: 7/14/2018 Category: Games
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

ConfluxReflux

Pro

I would like you to start first. Before you use certain arguments I will admit that console does better in these areas:
Console is easier to set up when getting started
Console is cheaper when getting started (BUT COSTS MORE IN THE LONG RUN)
Console has slightly better co-op features with split-screen
I do not count Nintendo in this argument, you should be a fan of the Xbox One, PS4, or both to argue. Thank you.
Masdebating69

Con

Firstly, I would like to thank you for bringing up the topic, I enjoy sharing my knowledge of this situation and usually learn something new from it.
To begin, I'd like to start with the ease of access. For one, mainstream consoles are very easy to come by. You can buy them at almost any large retail store. I.e. GameStop, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. It's no question that there is no real abundance of computer or parts stores, you may dig up enough parts to make one in town, but it's not easy. I'm not going to sit here and say that building a PC is hard, either, because it's not. However, the only way to procure PC parts easily is online, where I would much rather be able to get what I need in town. Best Buy traditionally sells RAM, Hard Drives, and Power Supplies on storefront, but not all the parts needed for a full build, they only really sell the parts that need to be replaced most frequently.
Also, parts do break or go out much more frequently in a PC, where on consoles the RAM, Graphics, and CPU are all integrated into the motherboard.
Graphics processing is also powerful and available for much cheaper on consoles. For example, the NVidia GTX 1060 Graphics Card just barely out performs the PS4 Pro by 0.2 TFLOPS, but costs more than the PS4 Pro, which says a lot seeing as the PS4 Pro is every part needed in one box and the 1060 is just the graphics card. Another example would be the 1070 that just barely out performs the XBOX One X by 0.5 TFLOPS and is almost $100 more expensive, which, again, that's only the graphics card, not the rest of the PC.

http://www.tomshardware.com...
https://www.gizmodo.com.au...
Posted by Debater79822 3 years ago
Debater79822
First, I don't really understand why you don't count Nintendo, Its a game system too. Is it because it has more exclusives than the others? Because they make handheld consoles? Because of the cartoony games? It is as popular as Sony and Microsoft. (I don't want to sound like an angry fanboy, I just don't see the reasons)

Now my opinion with the debate (I'm a Sony and Nintendo fan) I think it depends on your tastes, Some people prefer console because there are games that are made for the console (i. E. The Wii) or maybe because its more comfortable (at least for me it is) and easy to play with your friends (couch co-op games for example).
But there are people that prefer the PC because it's cheaper and has more exclusives.

Anyways I think that what makes people buy consoles are mostly the exclusives, Without them, Console wouldn't sell that much (at least that's what happened to the X Box One X catalog at first).
Posted by Masdebating69 3 years ago
Masdebating69
I also agree Nintendo doesn't even really count as a game system. It's like the iPhone of game systems.