ConfluxReflux
tahoma

PC is better than console

Started: 2/24/2018 Category: Technology

ConfluxReflux

Pro

You start off first. I believe PC gaming is overall superior to console gaming.
tahoma

Con

I am convinced that gaming through consoles such as PS and X-box is better than gaming through PC.

First of all, the majority of computers are assembled to work, not to play the games. So, they can not run a lot of interesting and breathtaking games. Yes, there are also computers for gaming, however they are so expensive. Not all of us can afford this kind of PC.
ConfluxReflux

Pro

Alright. Since your argument is based on price, we shall begin with that. What would be cheaper, buying an Xbox One day one or buying a PC day one? We will not include games although games are typically cheaper on PC (but that is a different argument). Online subscriptions such as Xbox Live Gold will be included because it is part of their strategy. They are confident that when you buy an Xbox One (doesn't have much markup) that you will buy a subscription, which is what makes them a lot of money. Now, let us begin. As you may or not know, the Xbox One at day one was $500. So that is $500 to our list. The years 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 required an Xbox Live Gold subscription for the full experience. That is $360 in total. So now we are at $860 as our goal price. First is the video card. The Xbox One's GPU is about as powerful as the RX 550. You can make this into a GTX 560 Ti. At this time, you could find one for $179.99. Or, you could buy a GTX 660 Ti for $210-$250 around this time. Now, even with this data-for GPU's in these kinds of comparisons eat most of the price up, you can literally find yourself $860 dollars of parts from 2013 that beat, tie or even slightly get beaten by the Xbox One. I don't even need to explain the rest, the GPU part settles it. There were nice AMD processors back around that time for $150ish. My sources are UserBenchMark and CamelCamelCamel.
tahoma

Con

First of all, good PC for playing costs around 900USD, when we can buy PS4 for 400USD(I have been in mall this weekends). Do you want to buy PC for 400USD and play GTA San Andreas while I am playing GTA V?
Since I have been a gamer for several years with both of PC and PS, I can strongly argue that PS4/X-box's joysticks are comfortable than PC's keyboard. Also, you can plug on your keyboard to console and play as PC.
ConfluxReflux

Pro

I apologize for my rudeness, but, did you read anything I said? This is why we call many console players console peasants. You guys are rather similar to SJWs. You don't be quiet and listen. Now, hopefully, you shall actually listen to me-hopefully, you needed some rudeness in order to listen. Look up "$400 gaming PC 2018." Look up, "Potato Masher Pro" as well. Now we have the price out of the way, consoles are usually cheaper, but with fewer benefits. Look at it this way, would you rather have a job and you get paid $80,000 a year, or have the same job but get paid $50,000 a year, but you get 3 fancy meals a day and a nice house as benefits. Exactly, the second job is obviously the better choice. So now we have that out of the way, we shall talk performance. Most builds will have graphics cards around the power of a GTX 1050 Ti. According to UserBenchmark, a GTX 1050 Ti will get 61.1 frames per second at 1080p high settings on average with the benchmarks. A GTX 1050 will get 56.7 frames per second at 1080p high settings. Now, your control device preference. Right now, on my desk, believe it or not, I have a controller, and a mouse and keyboard! And, on top of that, I DON'T PLAY ON A CONSOLE. So why do I have an Xbox One controller on my desk? Because I can actually use it on my PC. Believe it or not, you can use a controller with your PC. AND, YOU CAN DOWNLOAD A PROGRAM THAT LETS YOU FULLY USE YOUR CONTROLLER ON YOUR PC. WOW, MIND BLOWN! You say you have been a PC player? Probably not. Also, yes, while it is true that you can use a keyboard with your console, maybe we should add that $90-$300 adapter that allows you to use it for the total price of the PS4, while the only thing I need is a $2 MicroUSB cable or if I want wireless that badly, a $25 adapter. Also, yes, you can use a PS4 controller as well. Not only that, PC keyboards and mice and even third-party controllers can often times be cheaper than a console controller.
tahoma

Con

Your example about salary is not appropriate. PC has an high amount of electromagnetic radiation rather than console. You can keep the distance if the console has the radiation(in a little amount of course). You have to sit close to the PC always and look at the monitor. Also, the system unit has an huge amount of radiation which can lead to cancer and other diseases.
Posted by ConfluxReflux 2 years ago
ConfluxReflux
I changed the point at the end because with any PC specialist or any console player who realizes that PC is overall superior console it would be worthy of the reply, "no duh." What I am trying to say is that I gathered plenty of proof, and there is plenty of proof for the price online. All of the proof I had gathered was ignored by Con, rather than replying to the proof Con decided to pull ridiculous (as you can see with other comments) arguments out of his butt. Also, he switched arguments much more often than me.
Posted by Bakugan2556 2 years ago
Bakugan2556
"electromagnetic radiation"

HOLD UP, bs ALERT
Posted by Hadii 2 years ago
Hadii
"Also, you can plug on your keyboard to console and play as PC."
Wrong you need an extra connector thing, and I heard the mouse movement is weird. However, I have heard Microsoft is adding kb+m support to the xb1
Posted by Hadii 2 years ago
Hadii
"You have to sit close to the PC always and look at the monitor."
Use a TV and with Steam Big Picture mode you can use it just like a console.
"Also, the system unit has an huge amount of radiation which can lead to cancer and other diseases."
Lol no, you can only get eye strain (when your eyes begin to hurt) which is caused by staring at anything for too long (even reading). However this is temporary, and will go away after taking 5min or less break.
Posted by DebateAllTheWay 2 years ago
DebateAllTheWay
A debate isn't a debate when one side ignores the other. There was allot of back and forth with the numbers, however Con responded to Pro's arguments and kept the debate objective. While Pro seemed to miss Con's arguments and made a new argument at the end of the debate (This is more of a sneaky tactic as there can be no further debate to cover that argument)
Posted by Knyte 2 years ago
Knyte
"PC has an high amount of electromagnetic radiation rather than console. You can keep the distance if the console has the radiation(in a little amount of course). You have to sit close to the PC always and look at the monitor. Also, the system unit has an huge amount of radiation which can lead to cancer and other diseases."

Well obviously you have first hand experience due to how retarded you are for thinking that this is a valid point in any way.
Electromagnetic Radiation, are you kidding me.
Posted by Knyte 2 years ago
Knyte
PCMR Let's Go
Posted by ConfluxReflux 2 years ago
ConfluxReflux
You know nothing about technology man. You can plug in a TV into your PC. Voters, he is obviously wrong.
Posted by ConfluxReflux 2 years ago
ConfluxReflux
FPS statistics in the final argument are in GTA V, which he claimed cannot be run well on a $400 PC.
Posted by ConfluxReflux 2 years ago
ConfluxReflux
WOLF.J, you do realize that you can use an Xbox One or even PS4 controller with your PC. You can even fully replace it with your mouse and keyboard if you want to because of programs.