The Instigator
WheelzOfCheese
Con (against)
Tied
0 Points
The Contender
Sunburned
Pro (for)
Tied
0 Points

Participation Awards promote socialism

Do you like this debate?NoYes+1
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Post Voting Period
The voting period for this debate has ended.
after 0 votes the winner is...
It's a Tie!
Voting Style: Open Point System: 7 Point
Started: 10/26/2018 Category: Politics
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Post Voting Period
Viewed: 467 times Debate No: 118729
Debate Rounds (3)
Comments (0)
Votes (0)

 

WheelzOfCheese

Con

a political and economic theory of social organization that advocates that the means of production, Distribution, And exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole. That is the definition of socialism. If you have ever played in little league sports or a small athletic team, You may understand where i am coming from. These socialist ideas are spread the moment every child participating receives that ugly plastic trophy. When the child receives the award, They feel equal to everyone else, Just as if they won. It makes everyone feel equal even though they didn't do anything to deserve the award. After a recent poll at Reason Magazine showed that 57% of people felt that trophies should only be given to winners. By using my math skills, I discovered that leaves the other 43% of people surveyed to be socialists. Did you know that there was such a vast amount of confirmed socialists among us just because of the simple idea that kids should receive trophies for participation. If you choose to argue against me, You are saying that you support socialism. ALso, Both socialism and communism both seek an equality through distribution of resources. So if you think that kids should receive participation rewards, You are a COMMUNIST AND A SOCIALIST!
Sunburned

Pro

An interesting topic, One I have not related before. Here is where I see it. Getting a participation trophy in a sport does not make you a socialist. It has nothing to do with production or distribution of goods, Like you said. I can not think of any philosophical relationship between a dumb trophy, Believe me I have a lot, And communism. Participation trophies are the same as the gifts you give a coach at the end of the season. It is a minor token to remember the season.
Debate Round No. 1
WheelzOfCheese

Con

WheelzOfCheese forfeited this round.
Sunburned

Pro

Sunburned forfeited this round.
Debate Round No. 2
WheelzOfCheese

Con

WheelzOfCheese forfeited this round.
Sunburned

Pro

Sunburned forfeited this round.
Debate Round No. 3
No comments have been posted on this debate.
No votes have been placed for this debate.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.