WheelzOfCheese
Sunburned

Participation Awards promote socialism

WheelzOfCheese

Con

a political and economic theory of social organization that advocates that the means of production, Distribution, And exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole. That is the definition of socialism. If you have ever played in little league sports or a small athletic team, You may understand where i am coming from. These socialist ideas are spread the moment every child participating receives that ugly plastic trophy. When the child receives the award, They feel equal to everyone else, Just as if they won. It makes everyone feel equal even though they didn't do anything to deserve the award. After a recent poll at Reason Magazine showed that 57% of people felt that trophies should only be given to winners. By using my math skills, I discovered that leaves the other 43% of people surveyed to be socialists. Did you know that there was such a vast amount of confirmed socialists among us just because of the simple idea that kids should receive trophies for participation. If you choose to argue against me, You are saying that you support socialism. ALso, Both socialism and communism both seek an equality through distribution of resources. So if you think that kids should receive participation rewards, You are a COMMUNIST AND A SOCIALIST!
Sunburned

Pro

An interesting topic, One I have not related before. Here is where I see it. Getting a participation trophy in a sport does not make you a socialist. It has nothing to do with production or distribution of goods, Like you said. I can not think of any philosophical relationship between a dumb trophy, Believe me I have a lot, And communism. Participation trophies are the same as the gifts you give a coach at the end of the season. It is a minor token to remember the season.
WheelzOfCheese

Con

WheelzOfCheese forfeited this round.
Sunburned

Pro

Sunburned forfeited this round.
WheelzOfCheese

Con

WheelzOfCheese forfeited this round.
Sunburned

Pro

Sunburned forfeited this round.