LucciDamus
nicktaylor03

Parties shouldnt exist

LucciDamus

LucciDamus

Pro

The 2 party system should be done away with. U. S. Citizens should be able to determine which views to have regardless of affiliations.

More good can come from individual counting himself as just that, And each rep should be looked at independently so that the best interest of the people can't be misrepresented by loyalty to anything but what works for voters.
nicktaylor03

Con

Political parties are formed on beliefs and what people think is morally acceptable. In America, There are two major parties: Republicans and Democrats. People align with what party matches their beliefs. The American Political system would be a mess if there was not any party afflilation.
LucciDamus

Pro

Yes that would be the oppoaong view to what i said, But how? I argue that, Democrats and republicans in some cases differ and in some cases are the same.

With a 2 party system you tend to side with a person on economic but not social issues, Or immigration and national security but not their gun policies.

If each indivual thought independently and each rep campaigned based on how their plan benefits the masses and not just a party, We would see more genuine positive change.
nicktaylor03

Con

Well, I agree that they diiffer and agree on certain situations. However, Most representatives in congress are not for the people, They are pushing their own personal agenda. U. S. Citizens are able to determine views by choosing to vote independent.

Theree are two senators who classify as independent; Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Angus King of Maine. Bernice ran as a democreat in the 2016 caucuses, And Angus King leans toward the Democrats on issues. My question is why even run independent?
LucciDamus

Pro

Oh i see were on the same side here lol. Im not arguing go independent. Im saying do away with parties, Or at least idea.

I thinks its going to die out the more peopl realize the party is irrelevant compared to the message behind the political rep. We dont need sides on the ballots just names and plans.

It may force avg americans to get more involved not being able to say, Ill vote demo or repub. The question is you vote for who and why? At that point
nicktaylor03

Con

I actually agree as well. (So I concede)
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
Ah, I see.
Posted by LucciDamus 3 years ago
LucciDamus
Well in all fairness the US is a multi party system. I just didn't want to clutter the point of the debate which is having a part system to begin with.
Posted by Leaning 3 years ago
Leaning
" I'm not too familiar with politics and history. But I thought we only had 2 parties because no one had bothered to form another successful one?

We used to have Whigs for example. Or The Bull Moose Party for a very short time. People are free to make another party if they choose to I thought.
Posted by MrPyro 3 years ago
MrPyro
I find this debate interesting considering George Washington himself didn't like the idea of Political Parties
Posted by LucciDamus 3 years ago
LucciDamus
Debating is the art of learning and i have not heard of that. Is there anything i should reaearch. 1st pass to vote? I didnt understand what to look up from the comment
Posted by br3adina7or 3 years ago
br3adina7or
Re: the two party system.
If you haven't already, You might want to look at voting systems other than first-past-the-post. You probably have, But you might be interested into looking it that if you haven't yet.
Vote Placed by ksteelers 3 years ago
ksteelers
LucciDamusnicktaylor03Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The two-party is a sham, and is the main root of identity politics. Getting rid of the political parties will be a step forward in reviving the US.
Vote Placed by ThoughtsandThoughts 3 years ago
ThoughtsandThoughts
LucciDamusnicktaylor03Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded.