VictorVitus
pi3.14

Pay raise/cut after sex reassignment surgery

VictorVitus has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

VictorVitus

Pro

I believe it is common sense that a man who decides to become a woman must receive the salary of a woman. A woman who decides to become a man should receive the salary of a man. It's as simple as that.
pi3.14

Con

You seemed to have already stated your argument, so I will start mine.

"I believe it is common sense that a man who decides to become a woman must receive the salary of a woman. A woman who decides to become a man should receive the salary of a man. It's as simple as that." Sorry if I sound whiny, but I find that sexist. You are saying that people should be paid based on their gender. I think that they should be paid based on their work and what they do and how well they do it.

I await your argument. Good luck!
VictorVitus

Pro

I wasn't implying that I agree with a pay gap between men and women. I'm already assuming this is a fact, based on all the studies and articles that handle this subject. So unless this problem isn't solved, I'm of the opinion that if you want to become another gender, you have to accept all the pros and cons that are gender specific.
pi3.14

Con

"I wasn't impyling that I agree with a pay gap between men and women." I saw it that you were agreeing with it. Anyway, if you are against it, then you shouldn't be encouraging it.

"I'm already assuming this is a fact, based on all the studies and articles that handle this subject." Well, you can't just assume something as fact. You have to back it up.

"So unless this problem isn't solved, I'm of the opinion that if you want to become another gender, you have to accept all the pros and cons that are gender specific." So you think a "wage gap" is a problem. You want to "fix" it by making sure that as many people are affected as possible. This will not help! If you truly are against a "wage gap," you wouldn't want people to have to suffer.

I await your argument.
Posted by ShouldBePresident96 3 years ago
ShouldBePresident96
The wage gap is non-existent, the way the "wage gap" is found is getting the average salary of all men and all women and finding the difference. Typically, men, have higher paying the jobs (Doctors, Legislatures, Gov't Officials) whereas women have lower paying jobs (Teachers, School Administrators, Hair Stylists, etc.). If a man and a woman have the same exact experience, the same exact education, the same exact job, the same everything, the only difference is one person is a man, and one is a woman, they will make the same amount of money. It is FEDERALLY ILLEGAL otherwise.
Posted by lIlIlIllIIIIllIlI 3 years ago
lIlIlIllIIIIllIlI
That would acknowledge an actual pay gap between men and women. Despite false sites listing otherwise, I would insist that the pay gap isn't noteworthy enough to make laws regarding transgender issues.