YeshuaBought
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2

Philando Castille settlement will allegedly be spent on crack, cop says. Racist?

YeshuaBought

YeshuaBought

Pro

Philando Castille was shot by a cop. He died. The cop got away with it. His partner Diamond was detained. Her or their daughter went somewhere. Diamond got out of jail, got a lawyer, and sued for damages and won. The cop said she would lose her alleged welfare, and spend the money on crack. Racist?
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2

Con

I would say that if they are from a place where many are crack addicts. It's not a racist cop. But a cop should not make such comments may they be blatantly true or false. So I'd say that since the area she's in does have high drug-related crime statistics and most people who live in lower salary lives and live without religious morality. Yeah, she will be spending some of that blood money on drugs. I see this as a 98% chance.
YeshuaBought

Pro

I am not going to be a liberal crying bigot, but what happened is effed up. He had no proof for his claim, and his comments being unproven amount to defamation of character. I would sue on those groinds alone. I am familiar with this case from when the news first broke, and some cops are playing dirty making unfounded accusations when they know they lost. They murdered her lover, and traumatized her and her daughter for life. I bet they have PTSD. I know what that feels like.
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2

Con

It's true that some small amount of police officers act out in ways that they're not supposed to. And they make mistakes and they make wrongs. If he was at fault for not handling anything or any of it correctly then there's no debate. They plain and simple didn't do it right if that's the case.

Over all though, this constant "Cop are racist" narrative is just completely damaging to the people that make the streets safe. If I were the judge, I'd give the woman a mandatory drug test for the next 6 months every month. If she passes then she can sue for more money. But I can bet my bottom dollar that she would turn to drinking and drugs. It's just the simple way of life of when poor gain immense amounts of money. If anything the blood money will be gone fairly quickly as many cases have shown to be the truth. Maybe not on crack, but probably something.
YeshuaBought

Pro

Smal? How do we know when we don't have accurate statistics.
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2

Con

Everything police officers do are usually recorded by body cameras, dashboard cameras, as well as surveillance cameras in nearby areas. If there is an injustice, it would be caught. Make sure you go after FBI statistics rather than the young Turks as the young Turks are obviously politically bias.

Saying that it's a large percentage of cops that are messing up and aren't doing their jobs well and are racist is just plain wrong. It's the same as saying every black person is a criminal.
YeshuaBought

Pro

Instead of more of my commentary, I should specify what am not saying. I am not saying all cops are bad, liberals are awesome, or anything like that. I am saying that what happened is a miscarriage of justice. Money is not a replacement for justice. I kno how it feels to be violated and get no justice, but I wont get too nmuch into that. What I will get into is that redress of grievances.
WW2GuyWhoLikesWW2

Con

I understand what you mean now. I also have been cheated, the FBI is literally useless in small issues. Dealing with a pedophile against someone in my family was fruitless as I tried to get help but none was to come. The police are a little bit more helpful in areas that are richer. If it's a worse area they won't care as much about smaller things like break-ins and theft.

Racism is something that's instilled in everyone if you understand the facts behind crime rates. Like how a certain 13% of the population commit nearly half the homicides in the United States. Because facts are racist apparently and if you point it out it's wrong even if it's factually right.
Vote Placed by RMTheSupreme 3 years ago
RMTheSupreme
YeshuaBoughtWW2GuyWhoLikesWW2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro proved that it was 'effed up' and I say 'proved' because Con concedes this in the final round. Pro did not prove that it was racist actually but because Con goes further than conceding in the final round to help Pro saying 'racism is instilled into everyone even if it's right' then that means Con is really admitting it was racist. If Con says the resolution is true, Pro no longer has to meet their BoP; this is an unwritten rule of debating any professional judge would use.