Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Prove the existence of God.

InTime
GEOTUS

There has never been any empirical evidence put forward in support of God's existence. My challenge is simple: provide evidence that gives us good reason to believe that God does indeed exist. Remember that when debating whether something exists, The burden of proof lies with the person attempting to prove that the thing DOES exist. It is up to you to provide the evidence....

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Is there a god(s) or not?

TylerHilgeman
DenverMckenzie

Thank you DenverMckenzie, For being willing to debate this topic! Is there a god(s) or not? The answer to this question sets the scene for reality. It gives man a basis in which to make sense of the world. Therefore it is, Arguably, The most important question to ask--when thinking about reality. This question is in the realm of philosophy and therefore this debate will consist of philosophical arguments that are for and against the existence of a god(s). I believe that there is a God an...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Is there a god(s) or not?

TylerHilgeman
WisdomOfAges

I've tried this debate twice, And the first time a troll accepted my challenge and the second time the other debater did not finish the debate. However, As the saying goes, "the third time is the charm. " Is there a god(s) or not? The answer to this question sets the scene for reality. It gives man a basis in which to make sense of the world. Therefore it is, Arguably, The most important question to ask--when thinking about reality. This question is in the realm of philosophy and therefore th...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

God is Real.

JohnJBannan
mall

I. THE DICHOTOMY OF EXISTENCE (BY JOHN J. BANNAN) The dichotomy of existence proves the existence of God by demonstrating the necessity of an uncaused Creator with the power to create any or all of the infinite potentials for physical reality to the fullest extent logically possible under everythingness. In terms of the uncaused, There are only two possibilities. The first is the uncaused reason for the existence of all physical reality. The second is the uncaused absence of any reality cal...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Days Ago

Science is not objectively superior to religion as a source of knowledge

cdo
Makassar

Science is incredibly important to our society today, Arguably having supplanted religion across the globe as the go-to source of knowledge and enabled the development of technologies that were completely unconceivable in centuries prior. However, It is my position that there are no objective means by which one can argue for the superiority of evidence-based scientific inquiry over faith-based religion. Scientific enquiry is a process by which hypotheses are tested usin...

Voting Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Is there a god(s) or not?

TylerHilgeman
DeletedUser

Is there a god(s) or not? The answer to this question sets the scene for reality. It gives man a basis in which to make sense of the world. Therefore it is, Arguably, The most important question to ask--when thinking about reality. This question is in the realm of philosophy and therefore this debate will consist of philosophical arguments that are for and against the existence of a god(s). I believe that there is a God and therefore, Whoever I debate will be against the existence of a God....

2 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Does me wanting to shove my 16 inch up Marshawn Lynch's big butt make me gay?

DeletedUser
Arnold_Benjaman

Hmm, How about I let Pro go first? You tell me why it's gay for me to think about doing that. My other debate if someone wants to accept it: https://www. Debate. Org/debates/Niggers-are-dumb-and-stupid/1/...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

There is no such thing as free will.

jedicraftmaster
cdo

I suppose I should start off by saying that I believe free will is a myth. Us as people commonly believe in free will as the choices laid out to us and yet those choices are all lies, Heres an example: Last night as I was getting ready for bed when I suddenly noticed I was thirsty, I walked downstairs to the fridge to get something for me to drink until a thought came to my head "What if I don't drink the water? ". This seemed like a choice I was given, Right there and then I couldve chosen life...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

There is no such thing as free will.

jedicraftmaster
mall

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Pedophilia is mental disorder.

Knight_Dragon
mall

Pedophilia is wrong because children can't consent to sex. And, Not only that but Pedophilia is a disorder. Source: https://www. Stanfordchildrens. Org/en/topic/default? Id=the-growing-child-adolescent-13-to-18-years-90-P02175 https://www. Who. Int/classifications/icd/en/GRNBOOK. Pdf...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago