Philosophy Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Humanity is inherently greedy selfish, And cruel.

Ihsieman

I think that humanity is inherently greedy, Selfish, And cruel. First round is for acceptance only....

Challenge Period
3 Comments
Updated 15 Hours Ago

Atheism is disbelief, Rejection of belief, Absence of belief. A god takes belief. That's a religion

backwardseden

Since atheism is the disbelief, The rejection of belief, The absence of belief in a god or gods, That's not a religion. To believe in a god, Especially when no god or gods have ever been proven to exist in the entire existence of the human race to back up any claim or claims with evidence, That's a religion....

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 5 Days Ago

I started a debate

johnwicky
Thebigfrog

I started a debate. Now prove me wrong. Is life serious?...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Being angry is better, Change my mind

locoroco7000
Eclyptic

Taking out your frustration is better than holding it in, Change my mind....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

What would you do

Ms_STL
Ihsieman

I wondering what others think. Are the grounds for remaining alive, For someone who suffers, The same grounds for their being conceived in the first place? What about when they are still in the womb with regard to being born or carried to term? Explain and justify your answer, And use an underlying general moral principle for support....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Is life a test and God decide how go to the heaven?

MACH-X
An_Avid_Reader

We worship God so that we can go to Heaven, As he commands us to worship Him, And thus we do not go to Hell, And this is what happens in all religions and as karma is called. We were righteous that we died in bed the elderly, How can this be criticized?...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Karma can be real

JakeDraugelis
osja

I think there wouldn't be reasonable objection to saying that karma refers to the concept of a person receiving good personal outcomes from their good actions, And bad personal outcomes from their bad actions, Even if the outcomes don't appear to be related to the actions. It sounds like mysticism because it is mysticism, But I submit that it's also possible. Imagine a map of the world. Imagine that this map is flashing with dots of light all across it. Every time there's a flash of red...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

any change to make gun laws stricter will help

billsands
brodiescott76

Guns don't need to be banned but some measures like back round checks and red flag laws help a lot and are deeply needed...

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

Does free will actually exists?

Rub1xCub3.Pt
Benjamin_1

So, I´m very interested in this topic and not on a religious sense. Free will, The hability to choose freely beetween variables doesn´t seem to be real to me. For instance, If I find a 10 dolar bill on the street, My choice will be to pick it up or ignore it. But if we are a result of the variables that lead us to that very 10 dolar bill on the floor, Wouldn´t that also mean that those very variables will also determine our choices? Science states that if we could know all...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

6, 000, 000 Jews Dead In The Holocaust Is an Incorrect Number Sadly

AdolfMosley
BazFromTheLocal

You Go First. . Jew...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 2 Months Ago