anc2006
FanboyMctroll

Physical games vs Digital games

FanboyMctroll has forfeited round #3.
Started: 8/30/2019 Category: Games
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

anc2006

Pro

For example, Physical games contain optical discs(ps4), Floppy disks(famicom disk) and cartridge(n64)

In the newer consoles we can buy games online, On the console.

I happen to be in favor of the latter instead of the former. I prefer digital copies.

Reasons:
1. It won't be lost or broken
2. Less money needed(consider at some gameshops a $5 game costs $9. 99)
3. No need to actually to go to the gamestop
4. Free useful updates are up in time, With $0, While you need to buy a new physical one if you want update

So far, This is my initial reason. Feel free to counter-attack my ones.

No trolling allowed on this christian website.
FanboyMctroll

Con

I would really like to take the time to debate this as I'm completely in the opposite view from my opponent trying recently both methods of games.

My quick summary of why physical games are better is

You keep a physical copy forever
Privacy issues with digital games as you are monitored online with digital copies by developers
Games are a lot better on physical copies, Digital games can be some of the worst piece of trash Indy games out there, Physical games have to be all good for it to be picked up by a publisher.

I will get into more of the details of my arguments in the second and third rounds of this debate.

Now lets hear from my opponent
anc2006

Pro

Finally, Fanboymctroll is actually not trolling.

However, I still happen to disagree with some of your arguments.

"You keep a physical copy forever"

This could be easily refuted after an account on console is created.
First, Why digital games can't be kept forever? Because the console is broken. The game itself usually does not corrupt unless it is the establishing company who did this. Then what do you do after the console is broken with the game? You can simply play it on an emulator. If you have a second of those consoles that are newer, Then you could simply log on to your account and get the games you did have. If you don't, Well since emulators count as digital copies, You could play the same thing on your gaming PC, And have just a 10$ or less controller if it is broken and you need a need to buy it, Even lower than most of the games.

And even if you are in the older titles when save features aren't established yet, Such as the NES, Then I suggest you play it on an emulator instead of buying a new cartridge/console, Because that would be a waste of money. Most cases when the console breaks they'd play digitally rather than physically, Not even counting that if the physical cartridge broke, You'd need to spend another 10$ or more to buy a game, Or just play on an emulator that does the same thing done.

"Privacy issues with digital games as you are monitored online with digital copies by developers"

Ok is that a problem? Like is it that a developer will appear at your house murdering you like another M rated game? Or cancel your updates? Or make your computer go broke? No. These things that could be a downside with privacy would actually hinder them. If a game like that appears, Then blame the game, Not the system.

"Games are a lot better on physical copies, Digital games can be some of the worst piece of trash Indy games out there, "

You realize there are something called Virtual consoles. Released from the Wii to the Switch lite! The fact is that playing N64 games with this would be actually more comfortable with a classic pro or a gamepad. I don't get it why emulating consoles on consoles is a bad thing. If your game doesn't appear, Then play it on a PC. I am talking about copies. So this means your computer lagging on SNES Mario Kart is the internet's fault, Not ones of the game.

You'd argue that this is a downside, Well, It is, But you literally got something $20 to something free with download. And, Still steam exists. If there are no steam, There won't be a lot of PC players. So let's get this clear:
Nintendo games: virtual console
Ps4/xbox/pc games: steam

Solved. Seeking for yours.

And to what PC games being trash, Blame the game, Not the system. You'd buy a bit more with a 19. 99$ online copy instead of a cartridge with extra condition in vintage, With shipping cost. A 19. 99 game is worth it, Let alone a fully functional Snes mini is $30, The cost of 5 games if not less. Buying something $30 is a lot lot better than to buy individual cartridges for at least $120 on your 1991 Snes. There are same things on the internet, As well as PC exclusive games that costs as little.

"Physical games have to be all good for it to be picked up by a publisher. "

Saying this is like, 3rd parties doesn't matter! Also, There are unlicensed games from now and then, Even if it is on physical copies, Yet programmed by some know-it-all high school seniors and being functional and even possible to sell in the public. Those games would still be worse than the official ones and isn't "all good".
Plus, No one wants those crappy games. If you only play good 3rd party PC digital games it is as good.

Conclusion here: digital games are more worth it.
FanboyMctroll

Con

Those are some good points for digital games, So now I will present my points of why I don't like them and prefer physical games

I tried the digital games and after one year I do not like them and here are the reasons why

1. I do not like having my Internet on to play these games. My Internet to the Playstation is ALWAYS off, And the reason for that is that having the Internet on is like leaving your front door open to your house and then going to work. Anyone can just walk in, Steal what they want and leave. Well the Internet is the same way, Anyone can hack in and copy, Manipulate or just install viruses on your hard drive while you are not paying attention or are away. And the worst part is the WHOLE WORLD has access to it. I know because I was a hacker, I know how easy it is to hack into someone"s computer/console. So if you don"t mind that, Than leave your front door of your house open too when you go to work. Maybe nothing will be stolen but do you take that chance? And in order to play the digital download games you must be connected to the Internet, I have tried to disconnect the Internet and play a downloaded game, And they don"t work. But a hard copy disk, You don"t need to be connected, You will get a message that you are off line, But I just say "ok who cares"

2. I do not need to be tracked by developers and my progress recorded for their surveys and market research, What I do in a game that I purchase is my business, I don"t need to be tracked.

3. Digital download games can be some of the worst games in the world. Any crappy Indy game, That is just a piece of digital garbage is available for digital download. Where a disk copy of a game is released by a publisher, Cover art is used on the case, It goes through rigorous screening and only AAA games are usually released, Garbage games can be released on digital download, Crap games like "Shovel Knight, Super Meat Boy" and of course The Witness.

The Witness is ABSOLUTELY the worst video game I have ever played in my life! When I first read all the reviews, They conned me with their propaganda of this being a 9/10 games by reviewers, BUT you could only get it as a digital download. See at the time I didn"t know that reviews of digital download games are not the same reviews as hard disk games. Digital download games can be the worst garbage released on-line and people will give it great reviews because they enjoy crap games and they will push their crappy games (mostly developers of the garbage) in order for you to get the game. It doesn"t matter how crappy the Indy garbage is the reviews will be great, And after you part with your money and realize the game is crap, It"s too late they already have your money.

Where hard disk games go through a rigorous process of screening by publishers to make sure the game is good and that it will sell or they will lose money, So only the best of the best games are released on hard disk. And that is the games that I love best. They have tutorials, Instructions, And are player friendly, Where a player can enjoy their experience and try to finish a game. Unlike the brain dead Indy games for video gamer hacks who will play for 10 minutes because of lack of attention span or ADHD or play a crap game without any instructions like you are expected to read the developers mind (The Witness). Indy games that are released as digital download are for the most part just crap, Rushed out by developers who need a money surge back in order to keep paying their staff, So anything crappy will do.

Unfortunately I have learned this the hard way by getting swayed by crap reviews for the worst game in the world in The Witness. This game is not available on hard disk, Gees I wonder why? Because no publisher would publish garbage like this, Because no real developer would call this a real video game (more of a mind exercise).

It"s for all the reasons above why I"m leaving the digital download game world. I tried it for a year and it"s not for me. When I buy a disk game, I play it, I finish it and I take it back and get half the money back for it to buy a new game. Plus I"m not tracked on line, And I don"t need to leave the front door of my house open. And finally I don"t need to play crap, Half assed video experiments that some crack developers will call great video games, Like the crappy "The Witness. "

So I"m going back to my hard, Disk games, I miss holding that blue case with a disk in it. At least I know it"s going to be a great game!
anc2006

Pro

"1. I do not like having my Internet on to play these games. My Internet to the Playstation is ALWAYS off, And the reason for that is that having the Internet on is like leaving your front door open to your house and then going to work. Anyone can just walk in, Steal what they want and leave. "

This won't happen if you buy the game from the console itself, And not an emulator from a PC. You can play Super mario bros 1 on the new 3ds(which is what I am doing for the last 30 minutes) through Nintendo eshop and that is the same as the physical one on the Nes, But it is never lost or broken from the previous year, And while that happens, I already broke 2 of my wii U discs, And a Ds cartridge. On the other hand, The 4 games I purchased have yet to be lost because it is stuck with the console and it is never broken.

You can buy games on any consoles that can make you do that, And that makes gaming easier. Buying a disc is rather worse, Especially when you don't know if you can rage quit, Breaking the disc or let the console eat the disc never comes out, Making your rented game owed, Until you replace it with a new one. It would be a rather good change of happening on a disc, And if it is an electric sample right on your console, It would never ever have this problem.

"I do not need to be tracked by developers and my progress recorded for their surveys and market research, What I do in a game that I purchase is my business, I don"t need to be tracked. "

You don't like game surveys, I don't like tests. But you realize the company needs the survey results. Suppose 13. 9M of people refuse to vote causing them having nothing to work with. HOW SAD. I don't see why rating a game is bad.

"The Witness is ABSOLUTELY the worst video game I have ever played in my life! When I first read all the reviews, They conned me with their propaganda of this being a 9/10 games by reviewers, BUT you could only get it as a digital download. "

Well there are equivalent in the physical world. And yeah, Because there is one minor flaw in the whole system and everything else perfect, The system would be flunked! Yeah, Yeah? No.
"https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/List_of_video_games_notable_for_negative_reception"

Basically everything here in the 90s and 80s are physical craps, And if what you said was true, Then the physical game industry would be in loads of debt instead of profiting since 1978.

"Because no publisher would publish garbage like this, Because no real developer would call this a real video game "

there are physical 3rd party unlicensed games out there, And there are nothing better than these loads of crap. (https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Aladdin_Deck_Enhancer)and using your logic, No one ever is even trying to get this on the virtual console, Or even emulating as the game is so rare and bad. And trust me, I call this a video game because monument valley, Mario teaches typing, And Oregon trails count as video games, So why not this one? And seeing this is really a 3rd party game on anything, First party developers wouldn't make it because they don't even know what the heck it is; thus rely on 3rd parties. Other 3rd parties wouldn't because they are producing their own games not this one, And this 3rd party wouldn't port this onto ps4 or xbox or switch or anything, Because this was meant to be a PC digital game, Not a physical disc game injected into a rectangular xbox. Try playing Pong on atari 2600 emulated on PC while you literally have anything possible for you to play it with a friend physically. It will not feel possibly good. And so, The witness is the type of game you dislike, Not a potentially bad game. I hate fortnite, But that doesn't make fortnite bad on its rating even if it is bad on behaviours, But is good on gameplay.

"So I"m going back to my hard, Disk games, I miss holding that blue case with a disk in it. At least I know it"s going to be a great game! "

Try not to drop it or else you can't play the game again.

Argument done. Your points are refuted.