Ploya
Darnoc00

Pineapple Pizza

Ploya has forfeited round #3.
Started: 3/7/2018 Category: Funny
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Ploya

Con

Although many people seem to like pineapples on top of a pizza, I am definitely not for it. As a 'pizza purist', as some would say, I enjoy the regular savory pizzas(with an exception of barbecue chicken of course), and I just can't seem to wrap my mind around the idea of a fruit on a pizza. Don't get me wrong, I love pineapple. It's my 2nd favorite fruit. But I just can't get myself to enjoy those two things I love put together into a combination.
Darnoc00

Pro

First off I love pizza to. All type's are good(except peppers, hate peppers). The issue here is firstly how you define a pizza. You have your classics like pepperoni,meat lovers,supreme,and yes ham and pineapple. But are you saying no fruit should ever be put on a pizza? There is a whole category called desert pizzas. Almost all of them have a fruit as a main ingredient. A pizza is defined as a yeast flatbread with one or more toppings. Its a lot like a sandwich(lots of ways to make it). So is this debate going to be about no fruit on pizza, or no fruit and certain ingredients on the same pizza.
Ploya

Con

You are right about the definition of pizza, and I do know that there are dessert pizzas, but I am not saying that no fruit should ever be put on a pizza. I enjoy dessert pizzas, actually. "Pineapple pizza" isn't just pineapple on flatbread that is baked, though. The pineapples are mixed with ham, baked on top of cheese, all on top of a layer of marinara sauce(aka "pizza sauce"). It isn't exactly classified as a dessert pizza. I just have a feeling of disagreement towards certain fruits mixed with certain ingredients. Personally, I just don't like the texture or the juiciness of the baked pineapple when eating pizza. The juice of the pineapple just doesn't go well with the melted cheese and marinara, in my opinion. Oh, and by the way, I agree. peppers are gross.
Darnoc00

Pro

Ok so we are debating just the personal preference of pineapple on a standard pizza. I agree it is not for everyone but I disagree. I like the sweet taste to balance the overwhelming taste of the sauce. There are many pallets. I agree the juice can be a problem but if they are strained properly the juice will seal in the pineapple instead of in the pizza. There are many good combinations in my opinion of fruits,vegetables,and meats that compliment each other. The first thing you have to remember is cheese and sauce are toppings and can be change like everything else. If you like chicken/barbecue you can try cherry/ham/avocado sauce. It sounds like your not a sweet type pallet. So it is understandable you wouldn't like pineapple on a pizza. The main point comes down to what you like and how its prepared. This has become less of a debate and more of a desiccation but that is fine.
Posted by Zoey_Crumpton1984 3 years ago
Zoey_Crumpton1984
I'm with you on this!!! 😷😷😷😷😷