Politics Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Gun Control/ Assault Weapons Ban/ Concealed-Carry Ban

armoredcat
Our_Boat_is_Right

Trying this out because of all the DDO glitches going on. PLEASE ACCEPT IN R1, Our_Boat_is_Right. Usual rules: No semantics or kritiks. Violating is an automatic concession, And by accepting this debate you aknowledge this. Con can choose BOP. Thanks...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 24 Minutes Ago

Should Political Party Primaries be Open [to all, Regardless of affiliation]?

fb-debate

Many voters want political party primaries open to all, Whether affiliated or not. However, Political parties are "membership" "clubs" - albeit free to "join". Are you a member of any closed membership organizations (whether free or paid)? Are your leadership elections open to the public? Why should these "membership clubs" allow non-members to vote for their candidate? If you think they should, What are your reasons?...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 7 Hours Ago

the democrats will win the house and maybe even the senate

billsands
Our_Boat_is_Right

This may be wishful thinking and a strong economy helps the republicans but trump has acted in such a vile insane and reckless fashion even many prominent conservatives are advocating for the democrats simply to have a force to counter trumps insanity and treason. It doesnt seem like a sure thing but the odds seem to still favor the democrats ...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

The Men's Rights Movement is Unnecessary

carefettes

In light of the men's rights movement as a response to the #MeToo movement, I thought it could be insightful to start this debate. In my opinion, The men's rights movement is unnecessary and offensive to women who have been victims of sexual violence. Now, That's not to say that there aren't men who haven't experienced sexual violence. I'm aware that this happens to all genders, And the fact that it happens at all is despicable. However, To say that this is - as our President said - a "s...

Challenge Period
6 Comments
Updated 18 Hours Ago

Donald Trump is not Racist: Change my Mind

Our_Boat_is_Right
The_Dank_Gamer

I believe there is no evidence that Trump is racist. Feel free to try and change my mind by typing evidence that can be PROVEN. NOTE: You do not have to change my mind to win the debate. Voters choose the winner on a 7 point system, And who they think made the best arguments, Regardless of whether my mind was changed or not. NOTE: DO NOT ACCEPT THIS DEBATE IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE OFFLINE FREQUENTLY. I WANT COMMITTED DEBATERS ONLY. NO FORFEITS....

Debating Period
8 Comments
Updated 12 Minutes Ago

I'm Pro Gun: Change my Mind

Our_Boat_is_Right
KMS2003

Same argument from before, And same rules apply. Only armoredcat will be able to accept this debate....

Debating Period
12 Comments
Updated 3 Hours Ago

I'm Pro Gun: Change my Mind

Our_Boat_is_Right
alalalalala

I believe concealed-carry should be legal, And for law-abiding citizens, They should be able to own a gun. This is to protect themselves in public, Home-defense, And protecting against a potential tyrannical government. You have mentioned stricter gun laws and an "assault weapons" ban. Feel free to try and change my mind if you have convincing arguments....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Should there be stricter gun control?

MikeGainer
Leaning

As of right now, I do not know if anyone will accept this debate. That being said, I am not sure of my position on this myself, But for anyone who is interested in debating- this is my thesis. I am interested in defending the validity of child safety laws, Gun buyback programs, Assault rifle bans, And universal background checks. These can all be defended because we would be safer with these laws than without. To put as a syllogism 1. ) We would rather live in a safe society than a nonsa...

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 19 Hours Ago

Socialism has made a comeback

billsands
Sonofcharl

Socialism has morphed into a slightly different beat, Adapted to reality and doing well in places like Scadanavia and China...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 9 Hours Ago

Political entities are incositent.

kyleniel
theobjectiveconservative

Political groups get inconsistent all the time. Communists misconstrue tragedies to be the fault of Capitalism while ignoring legitimate Communist atrocities. Feminists say that getting drunk prohibits women from consenting to sex but rapists who get drunk still deserve it. Conservatives defend Kavanaugh even though they would prosecute a Democrat in the same position. Internet Anti-SJWs criticize Liberals for being stupid while having stupid stuff in their ideology....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago