Anonymous
frankfurter50

Pooh Bear is a jerk

Pro

Welcome to debate #22 this year. I believe that Pooh Bear from Disney is a jerk, because he is overweight and puts his hands into honey; all he eats is honey. Also, he doesn't wear pants, which is very inappropriate. Furthermore, he is yellow; that is impersonating Asian people.
frankfurter50

Con

Ah, I forgot all about how you hate Pooh Bear. Very well, let's get into it.

Pooh Bear is not a jerk. I'm not a big fan of the cartoon. I like the original book by A.A. Milne better. But I'd watch the Pooh cartoons if I absolutely had to. I think they're fine entertainment for kids. His diet consists of honey because he's a bear and cartoon bears like honey. So do real bears, I'm sure. Honey is a crucial running gag in the Pooh Bear universe. It is not inappropriate for him to go around without pants, because he's an anatomically incorrect cartoon. Real bears don't wear pants. Why should he? Most cartoon characters don't wear pants. Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, Donald Duck. Are you going to accuse all of them for being indecent when they don't have any genitalias and animals don't normally stroll around in long trousers? Wearing pants isn't inappropriate if you're a cartoon character.

His fur is yellow, that is not the color of his skin. He is in no way meant to be Asian, although I'm sure he's probably popular in Asia. The man who invented him, A.A. Milne, was British, and his trademark voice was provided by Sterling Holloway, an American. I don't think he's meant to be an offensive stereotype of Asians. If he had buck teeth or slanty eyes, he'd be racist. I don't know why you call out racism, since you're a racist. His yellow color does not mean he is Asian. He's a yellow colored bear. Lots of animals are yellow. Tweety on Looney Tunes is yellow. He's not supposed to be Asian, he's yellow because he's a yellow bird. Same with Pooh.

Pro

Pooh Bear really is weird. Why on earth is he not wearing pants? That really suggests nudity and pornography. Also, do you remember our debate that Disney should be banned? I remember doing it a couple months ago. I can't believe kids love Pooh. They just want to watch porn and have sex from looking at a yellow guy with no pants.

Also, he encourages gluttony. All he does is sit around and eat honey.
frankfurter50

Con

Again, he is not wearing pants because he's a cartoon. It does not in any way suggest nudity or pornography. I don't think Disney should be banned. I don't like it, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it. Pooh is not pornographic in any way. And he eats honey because he's a bear.

Pro

But still, Pooh Bear is ugly. I win.
frankfurter50

Con

You do not win, because you have not rebutted any of my arguments or proven any of your points. I think I deserve more credit. Judges, vote however you wish, but I'd like to stress that my opponent is clearly a lunatic.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Sorry, I mean I was born in 1991. I typed my birthday wrong...
Posted by frankfurter50 3 years ago
frankfurter50
You thought that was funny? It was only 8 words long!
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
pros round 3 just cracked me up, just lol.
Posted by WOLF.J 3 years ago
WOLF.J
I'm a child, n I was born in -96. lolool
Posted by HEROBRIAN 3 years ago
HEROBRIAN
dont say that ppl have other opinions, but i agree with him
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
No, Aileen. I was born in 1995. How can I still be a child?
Posted by frankfurter50 3 years ago
frankfurter50
There's no debating that.
Posted by Aileen3310 3 years ago
Aileen3310
I'm starting to think Icebear is a mentally ill child.