RedTurtle
Nomnik

Pop music is hurting the American youth

Nomnik has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

RedTurtle

Pro

Dear Potential Debater,

Developing in the San Franciscan suburbia, music was a large part of my life. I was surrounded by pop-stars and it warped my sense of reality. Looking through the "tinted lens" life needed hedonism. Though may able to bring opportunities, the mass epidemic of repetitive music shouldn't be tolerated.

From,
Red
Nomnik

Con

Dear Red,
I do not Believe Pop Music is Hurting American Youth. Firstly, Pop Music is Technically not a Genre of Music. It is Short for Popular. This Means that Pop music can be and Is any Music that is Popular. For Instance, if Classical Music was as Popular as, say, Thunder by Imagine Dragons. It could very well be Considered Pop. Pop music comes in Many Genres, each with a unique Psychological Effect. If Pop is Multiple Genres of Music and each have a Unique Effect, how can it Hurt America's Youth?
RedTurtle

Pro

No, pop music is a genre. It literally says it on the first line. Check your capitalization.

https://en.wikipedia.org...