Allanur
Kent_Hovind

[Pregnant] women should be treated as slaves who're supposed to carry and serve a fetus till birth

Kent_Hovind has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Allanur

Con

"[Pregnant] women should be treated as slaves who're supposed to carry and serve a fetus till birth"

This debate is to argue for and against treating women as slaves who are supposed to carry and serve a fetus for 9 months.

I am con. Pro should establish and argue that [pregnant] women should be treated as slaves who are obliged to carry and serve fetus till birth and they should not have liberty to not serve and carry those fetuses. In short this debate is Pro-Liberty vs Pro-Slavery. I am Pro-liberty.

As I am con, I am not going to propose any arguement. I am waiting for my opponent to raise arguements, I shall try to refute their arguements.
Kent_Hovind

Pro

Were you there?
Allanur

Con

I did not understand what pro-slavery Kend_Hovind is talking about. He just typed "were you there? "

He is supposed to demonstrate [pregnant] women should be treated as slaves who are supposed to carry, Feed and serve a fetus till birth.

He has not raised any arguements, I do not have anything to deal with. I skip this round and look forward to him.
Posted by Allanur 3 years ago
Allanur
We will schedule the debate for another time then, Because in august I am busy.
Posted by Allanur 3 years ago
Allanur
1. No, Majority picked up death over slavery.

2. Woman was not being irresponsible, Having sex does not equate to irresponsibility. And it does not matter, Women are free to have sex without any burden. No, Your slavery is not better than my life. You should not be a slave so that I can survive. In the same way, Woman should not be forced into slavery so that a fetus can survive. And death is better than slavery.

3. In forcing women to be a slave to a fetus, You sustain a fetus but enslave the woman just like rape satisfies the rapist but hurts the woman. Forcing woman into a slavery of a fetus is worse than abortion because enslaving someone for the life of other is worse than death or violation. No, The woman did not give consent to a fetus, She did even not realize a fetus came into being.

by the way, All of your logic applies to terrorist and his/her captive: His/her captive should remain his/her slave instead of killing the terrorist to liberate the captive.

4. A fetus should get choice to? You are right, No opposition. Let it choose and decide its own destiny, No opposition. And yes, Poor people should have right to live. What relation does it have with our topic?

And with "soldier and treason" part: Laws are part of modern life but people throughout history usually fought to death rather than surrendering and becoming a colony directly, Even when there were no laws you are citing. If slavery was better than death, People would not risk their lives. There are who prefer direct surrender and servantship, But look at the wars: Which side have been preferred more?
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
If your solider analogy is true, It might be because turning on your country is treason which is punishable by death (https://www. Law. Cornell. Edu/uscode/text/18/2381). Since the military is right wing, It's plausible to say that the death sentence would prevail.

I also would need a cite saying that more soldiers choose death over committing treason. I don't know which is more common because I am also citeless on this.
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
1: They did not voluntarily go into slavery. But they picked it over death.

2: It does matter that the woman chose to participate in sex because if it wasn't for sex, The fetus would not be a problem and everyone is happy. However, Since the women was being irresponsible, She should be a slave for the fetus temporarily because if she doesn't then the fetus dies. Slavery is not as bad as death.

3: In abortion, You please the woman, But you kill the fetus. Just like rape satisfies the rapist, But hurts the woman. Abortion is worse then rape because killing innocent humans deliberately is worse then violating. The fetus is not an intruder because the woman gave her consent kind of for the fetus's presence when she chose to have sex.

4: When I said slave by birth, I meant slavery for something that wasn't your fault. If you were captured in a war and enslaved like that, Then that's wrong. However, If you did a crime, You should be a slave for it for your sentence. It is not all about the woman. The fetus should get a choice too. People on welfare are dependent on the government for money. They are enslaving the rich people who subsidies the poor people's existence against their will. Should poor people have the right to get killed for it? No.

I'm worried I won't be able to debate it with you then because of school. The title of the debate should be "Abortion rights". This way, It's a neutral connotation so it's a fair debate.
Posted by Allanur 3 years ago
Allanur
and lastly, Your "life of 1 vs life of millions" explanation.

A soldier at any time can surrender and even be a spy for the adversary army. Some do it but vast majority chooses to risk their life, It is an individual choice and the choice of majority of those individuals is to risk their life rather than risking their freedom.
Posted by Allanur 3 years ago
Allanur
1. That demonstrates it depends but majority who were in the risk of being enslaved rather risked their lives, They did not voluntarily go into slavery or even being decolonized

2. A) sometimes it is not based off a choice. B) it does not matter whether woman chose or not, Still she is not slave of a fetus, She does not need to carry, Feed and serve it till birth. Why should she be forced? C) Then, If you want to keep fetus alive invent such artificial womb. That is your problem, Not of the women.

3) Then, What rape is to a woman is not what abortion is to fetus. Woman just forfeits and quits the assist she gives. Forfeiting and quitting an assist is not equal to abortion and rape. On the other hand, You were saying "what rape to woman is what abortion to fetus. " IN abortion we liberate women from serving, Carrying and feeding an intruder. It is not different from liberating someone from a terrorist no matter terrorist is killed or not.

4) a) We are not talking about slave by birth, We are talking about in general. It is irrelevant if a slave is slave by birth or he/she was enslaved later b) No, A woman not always chose to have a "fetus" inside her and it does not matter even if woman first chose to get pregnant and then changed her mind, She still should have right to forfeit and quit assinting the support she gives.

ok, We will have a debate on it but slightly later. After the first half of september. The title should be the same: "[Pregnant] women should be treated as slaves who're supposed to carry and serve a fetus till birth"

Good luck and thank you
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
1: Some slaves did, But the vast majority did not.

2: It was based off a choice that a woman made. She chose to have sex (in the vast majority of situations). In your blood/organs example, You did not choose to do something that resulted in the person needing blood/organs. Plus, There are already blood and organ donors, So there are other ways for them to survive. If there was an artificial womb that worked well enough for humans and if a fetus could be safely transplanted there, Then a woman can get unpregnant in a way that the fetus would survive.

3: Liberating a woman from pregnancy is not the same as freeing someone from a terrorist because liberating a woman from a pregnancy would involve killing an unborn baby. Abortion in reality is worse then rape.

4. A person born a slave did not decide their fate, A woman did by choosing to have recreational sex. If she wanted to enjoy her partner, She could have done safe forms of outercourse, Which provide pleasure similar to sex without risking pregnancy.

The debate should be "Should abortion be banned? " I'm pro, Your con. Good luck.

Those who fought and died would rather have themselves die then have millions enslaved. It's not one person's life vs one person's freedom. From the perspective of the solider, It was their life vs millions of people's freedoms. They thought their life was less valuable then millions of people's freedom.
Posted by Allanur 3 years ago
Allanur
I forgot to add.

1. Those who intentionally and willingly risked their life at war preferred to die rather than being a slave to invaders.

There were slaves who commits suicides. No, Slavery is not objectively better than death.
Posted by Allanur 3 years ago
Allanur
Dear Asta,
1. There were and are people who commits suicide rather than being enslaved or even colonies. People fighting against invaders are great example, They fought to maintain their liberty and independence so that they will not be slaves of invaders.

2. Forcing someone to something is a violation and making him/her dependant on you which is no different than slavery. A man with gun can force you to donate your blood and money to those who need it, It is a violation of your rights. At that moment, Your relation to him is no different than slaves assigned for certian jobs.

3. Great, You now must have realized your analogy does not make sense.

4. My definition of slavery is no different than what dictionaries will say. For ex, Merriam defines slave as "a person held in servitude as the chattel of another. " In this case, A pregnant women whose violation to quit assisting a fetus to survive is no different than a person held in servitude as the feeder of another one.

One more definition by Merriam is "one that is completely subservient to a dominating influence. " When we deny a woman a right to quit feeding, Carrying and serving a fetus, She is completely subservient to a dominating force who forced her to serve, Carry and feed a fetus.

Good luck.

On what subject we should debate? On "abortion should be banned" or on "this analogy is right or not? "
Posted by asta 3 years ago
asta
Good luck BTW.