Coolguy11
Im_Intelligent

Prison is pointless

Im_Intelligent has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Coolguy11

Pro

Had this debate before, didn't get as much out of it as I liked, so I'll do it again :). I think prison is a waste of time and a waste of money, for everybody involved. Better consequences vary depending on the crime; examples include taking back stolen property and more from a thief, capital punishment for murderers and rapists, taking illegal substances away and forced rehab for drug users (assuming doing drugs stays illegal, different topic though), etc. Prison is just putting people in a cell for a while, which I think has no benefit to anybody.
Im_Intelligent

Con

Just turn prisons into concentration camps like those seen in North koreah today, crime rates will fall and we eventually won't need prisons and we can abandon them like Nazi camps and even blame canada if Europein nations get mad.
Coolguy11

Pro

Sure, why not? As long as the only people in prison are actual bad people who deserve it.