Purushadasa
DavitosanX

Proof of God Via Dependent Reality

Do you like this debate?NoYes+0
Debate Round Forfeited
Purushadasa has forfeited round #2.
Our system has not yet updated this debate. Please check back in a few minutes for more options.
Time Remaining
00days00hours00minutes00seconds
Started: 8/16/2017 Category: Philosophy
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Purushadasa

Pro

1. A dependent real (something real and caused by another) exists.

2. The dependent real's cause must
also be real, and must either be dependent, or independent (not caused by another).

3. The dependent cannot be the sole cause of the dependent.

4. Therefore, the cause must include an independent real (something real and not caused by another).

5. Therefore, an independent real exists.

God's scriptures reveal the fact that this Independent Real is none other than God himself. If the Independent Real is not God, then it is something like God. If "something like God" exists, then God also exists.

Therefore God exists, Theism is true, and the belief in atheist Dogma is false.
DavitosanX

Con

For the sake of this debate, I'll accept your five premises. You said "If the Independent Real is not God, then it is something like God". I would need your definition of God before I agree or disagree. Would you kindly provide it?

I would propose a different conclusion: "At least one independent real exists, and it is the cause of the dependent real."
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
23 comments have been posted on this debate. Showing 11 through 20 records.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
Purushadasa, are you a two legged animal?
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
I don't make it a general habit to respond directly to two-legged animals in the comments sections of my debates.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
Congratulations on posting your 100'th debate topic on here, now how are you going to debate all these topics before your curfew at the asylum??

Doctor Johnson only said 4 hours of computer time per day before you need to check back into your rubber room.
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
We are done here -- bye!
Posted by platoandaristotle 3 years ago
platoandaristotle
You remind me of Bill Clinton. "It depends on what 'is' is."
How do you determine what independent reality is?
Your reasoning was basically "the scripture tells me what it is."
What is your evidence against the universe being independent reality?
You lost the debate. (I'm only trying to imitate you)
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
Someone wrote:

"How do you determine what independent reality is, without assuming that there is a God?

What do you mean by "assuming?"

"I believe that the independent reality is the universe/multiverse itself."

I know that you hold that belief: Your belief in that regard is false.
Posted by platoandaristotle 3 years ago
platoandaristotle
I believe that the independent reality is the universe/multiverse itself.
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
platoandaristotle (https://goodmorninggloucester.files.wordpress.com...), that is 5 comments you've made to me after threatening to "ignore" me: Believers in atheist Dogma, such as you, are natural-born liars and way too attached, just like feces is way too attached to the bottom of people's boots:

How does the bottom of my boot feel to you, platoandaristotle?
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
"Premise 5: an independent reality exists
How do you determine what this is?"

How do you mean?
Posted by Purushadasa 3 years ago
Purushadasa
platoandaristotle, that is 5 comments you've made to me after threatening to "ignore" me: Believers in atheist Dogma, such as you, are natural-born liars and way too attached, just like feces is way too attached to the bottom of people's boots:

How does the bottom of my boot feel to you, platoandaristotle?
This debate has 4 more rounds before the voting begins. If you want to receive email updates for this debate, click the Add to My Favorites link at the top of the page.