backwardseden
JigmaBronco

Prove that the god of the bible exists

backwardseden

Con

Prove that the god of the bible exists.

A little bit about this debate. . .
It is always up to theists to prove that their god of the bible exists, No exceptions, None. After all, Nobody in the entire history of the human race has ever been able to prove that this immoral atrocity god does exist.

It is never up to atheists to prove that this god exists because the positioning of atheists is that the god of the bible does not exist. So why should atheists take the counterpoint and or one sextillionth of their time out of their precious lives to prove that this superior egotistical god complex in which the bible is entirely about and nothing else does exist?

Rules of this debate. . .
1. If you are going to accept this debate use only chapters and verses from your bible using either the KJV, NIV, NLT translations to prove the so-called christian god exists.

Be prepared to state why the god on the bible would use text.

2. Nothing else to prove the so-called christian god will be satisfactory or accepted because that is all so-called christians have to go on to prove that their god exists unless you wish to prove faith. This includes all scientific methodology since the bible did not present any scientific evidence to prove its god's existence.

* Also prove that there is only one creator/ god as so-called christians believe.
* For obvious reasons test, Demonstrate and assert this god of the bible's existence.

In further RD's be prepared to watch some videos based on the subject matter being presented as it is evidence for this debate. If you are not willing to watch them and or invent invalid excuses such as "I don't have the time to watch them", Then DO NOT accept this debate.

Rules other than proving the god of the bible exists:
dsjpk5 and timmyjames are disqualified from voting in the voting process.
JigmaBronco

Pro

I think that we first need to think about proof and evidence. Proof is defined as evidence or an argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement. When thinking about God (Referring to the Christian God mentioned above), We must think about a few things:

God works upon the foundation of trust and faith. 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 states, "When I first came to you, Dear brothers and sisters, I didn't use lofty words and impressive wisdom to tell you God's secret plan. For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, The one who was crucified. I came to you in weakness --- timid and trembling. And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God. " (NLT) This passage says that the best way to find and understand God is through faith and an open heart. Keeping this in mind, I will do my best to prove that God exists using more formal evidence.

1. "Be prepared to state why the God on the Bible would use text. " John 1:1-5 states, "In the beginning, The Word already existed, The Word was with God and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, And nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, And his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness can never extinguish it. " (NLT) This passage shows that God and the Word are one and the same. God used text because a. There were no computers back then and b because he was the 'text'. The Word is the holy message of God, Transferred into a form that we can understand.

2. I would like to talk about faith and scientific methodology here. First, If you're looking for scientific evidence within the bible, Check out this link (https://www. Huffingtonpost. Com/david-l-wolper/genesis-and-science_b_500201. Html). You don't have to read the whole thing, Although I encourage you to skim it through. I tried to use a source that wasn't biased in either direction. Secondly, Faith is the foundation of 'seeing' God. While we will never truly understand how he works, We can see the impacts of his actions every day through miracles both big and small.

3. The third and final point you made was about the one creator. Side-note that the Christian God is the Holy Trinity, Three forms of the same on God. Anyways, Like you said before, I have only provided proof for one God. It is not my responsibility to speak for other religions, Nor am I going to take the time to do so. To make you happy, Here is Isaiah 45:5-7, "I am the Lord; there is no other God. I have equipped you for battle, Though you don't even know me, So all the world from east to west will know there is no other God. I am the Lord, And there is no other. I create the light, And make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, The Lord, Am the one who does these things. " (NLT) Hopefully, This is what you were looking for.

I hope this makes a good foundation for opening up your mind to the Christian God, Or at least a God. You must remember though, The only true way to 'see' God is through faith. Evidence can only get you so far, Faith must carry you the rest of the way.
backwardseden

Con

OK good. Wow you really want to get into proving your god exists by proving "trust and faith"? Let's slaughter that one right now with painful ease. We will eliminate ALL CREATIONISTS. All of them. You will not be able to use one creationist to help your cause. Why? Not one creationist has the match striking balls to put their product, Namely their god on trial again. Why? Because they are smart, Intelligent and they have intelligence. Why? Because they 100% know that they will lose every single time will any jury. Why? Because any jury will automatically vote against them. Why? Because any jury knows that faith is unprovable. And faith is all you or any creationist has to prove their god.
Let's look at faith from other standpoints, Namely the experts in which case you are not one. . .
"Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn"t a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith. If faith is your pathway you can"t distinguish between christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, Any of these others. How is it that you use ---reason--- in every of the other endeavor in your life and then when it comes to the ultimate truth, The most important truth you"re saying that faith is required and how is that supposed to reflect on a god? What kind of a god requires faith instead of evidence? " Matt Dillahunty

"Faith is the reason people give when they don"t have evidence. " Matt Dillahunty And you don't have any evidence.

"Faith can be very very dangerous, And deliberately to implant it into the vulnerable mind of an innocent child is a grievous wrong. " Richard Dawkins

"Faith is the great cop-out, The great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is the belief in spite of, Even perhaps because of, The lack of evidence. " Richard Dawkins

Here's some videos to help you on the discussion of "faith"
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=xpZr7_es0FY
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=HMDZVXos9hM
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=q_XBX6lH2hA&t=338s

"God works upon the foundation of trust and faith. " Which is completely ridiculous especially when your unproven printed god is a superior ego god complex in which your bible is and nothing else. If your god was true, The ego would be 100% dumped. Faith would be dumped because of ego. Print would be dumped and he'd stop playing the biggest game of hide-n-go-seek of all time. But then again ALL RELIGIONS, No exceptions, None, Rely on some type of faith. So your unproven god is not a coincidence.
So what if what "1 Corinthians 2:1-5 states, "? That's by no means proof of god. Oh I get it. You must think that The Red Book and the Blue Book with See Spot run, That's actual proof of a dog running - correct? But which dog? How many spots did this "Spot" have? Where was this dog running to? Hey all this information in an actual book. Well it MUST be true. - Right?

Now let's look at the version you used. . .
"When I first came to you, Dear brothers and sisters, I didn't use lofty words and impressive wisdom to tell you God's secret plan. For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, The one who was crucified. I came to you in weakness --- timid and trembling. And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God. "
Here's the NIV
And so it was with me, Brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. [a] 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, But with a demonstration of the Spirit"s power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, But on God"s power.
Here's the KJV
And I, Brethren, When I came to you, Came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, Declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, Save Jesus Christ, And him crucified. 3 And I was with you in weakness, And in fear, And in much trembling. 4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, But in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, But in the power of God.
Notice that the translation YOU used, A true abomination btw, Decided to mistranslate quite a few things. Ah yes, It does so quite eloquently, Like razorblades on your you know where areas so the fire ants can breed, The NT does this throughout the entire bible and the authors of this travesty think they can get away with it.

Oh god. Now we're going to john1: 1-5. Yawn. Doesn't prove god exists.

1. "This passage shows that God and the Word are one and the same. " So? This proves that a story once existed. It most certainly does not in any way prove that a "god" can leap off of a printed page and be completely immoral as the bible describes this printed storybook god to be.
"God used text because a. There were no computers back then and b because he was the 'text'. The Word is the holy message of God, Transferred into a form that we can understand. " That's like Donald Toilet Dust Trump, The worst president of all time not releasing his taxes because he thinks "no one wouldunderstand them". This ideal also shows the universe within an electron just how ignorant you are (no offense). God are you as boring as a nuclear war for 100 billion jesus jujitsu's to take naps during a super nova. Computers? Really? Is that the very best that your tinsel 17 year old mind can come up with during a concrete parachuting knitting class? Now let's show you why your unproven god would ---never use text and let's see if you can invent a better excuse, K?
NOTHING is established in scripture so everybody can get it wrong as there have been 0 updates in at least 2, 000 years. There"s translations upon translations upon translations upon translations upon copies upon copies upon copies upon copies upon dead languages upon dead languages with absolutely 0% of a chance to trace it back to the original. And there"s no original in the first place! So absolutely nobody is interpreting correctly. Not you, Not the pope, No minister, No priest, No pastor, No-bo-dy. And within those translations and copies throughout the generations, Characters and what they have said, Especially with its leading characters, Namely god and christ, Their quotes/ verses have changed over time. Oh really? Who has the right and or know how to change ANY of god"s language to update it to whatever they felt like and or to amputate it into ---their--- language? Did they consult god and or jesus to see if this was OK? Of course not. And more importantly did they get it right as an updated version to what these characters would say in this day and age, Or even back then when the translations were updated? So once again god if as stated was reasonably intelligent, In which he"s clearly not, Would ---never--- use text as a form of communication, The worst form of communication possible because he would have certainly have foreseen all of these major faults. Oh and btw, Nobody can even prove that this god of the bible exists!
That's one reason out of at least 50 why your god would never use text, The worst form of communication possible. Surely you can do better.

2. Scientific methodology is ruled out because there is no scientific methodology in your bible to prove your god. See what I mean? "We can see the impacts of his actions every day through miracles both big and small. " There's no such a thing as a "miracle".

3. "The third and final point you made was about the one creator. Side-note that the Christian God is the Holy Trinity, " That's also false because jesus is the false messiah and so what? Has nothing to do with "Prove that the god of the bible exists". Ahhhhh I get it, You like to make things up, Well invent excuses/ wing it from your hip as things go on because you cannot come up with legitimate answers.
JigmaBronco

Pro

1. You started off your argument by addressing an analogy about a jury. By your logic, Unless witnesses can prove 100% that they saw the crime without any interference, They should not be allowed to testify. The jury has to have 'faith' that the witnesses are telling the truth while under oath. Hence, Since no member of the jury was at the very scene of the crime, They will have to put their faith into the evidence of one side or another. It is not hard to fake or interfere with evidence my friend. In order to trust evidence, You have to have faith that that source is reliable. While faith itself doesn't qualify as proof, It is needed when analyzing testimonies given by others.

2. Let me ask you a question. Have you ever seen a dinosaur? Have you ever met Adolf Hitler? Have you ever went for a cruise on the Titanic? Of course the answer is no. We know that Adolf Hitler existed and that the Titanic sunk because there is evidence. However, If you think about, You are putting a tiny bit of faith when making these statements. You are putting in the faith that they are real and the evidence isn't fake or manipulated (not that I'm saying they are). Now I know this may be a stretch for an atheist like you to understand, But faith is a part of every decision you make, And whether you ignore that or not is up to you.

3. I know you are going to say that this isn't proof that God exists, And by itself, I agree. But if all these famous scientists believed in God, You have to ask yourself if there is more to the book than appears on the cover. Https://relevantmagazine. Com/god/worldview/9-groundbreaking-scientists-who-happened-be-christians
I even fact-checked it for you because you atheists love their evidence:https://mediabiasfactcheck. Com/relevant-magazine/

4. I watched a few your videos (I got the general idea after a while) If you are going to use videos, Please just directly copy and paste the URL instead of re-typing it out. It would make both of our lives much easier. Also, Your last video doesn't appear to exist. I tried searching for it but couldn't find it. Addressing the videos, They take the strategy of disproving faith as a method of disproving the existence of God. What if we look at it in a different mindset. What if we look at the absence of logical explanations for the creation of the universe (Big Bang & Evolution). We can get into those topics if you want to, But let's say that they are B. S. For now. This leaves the answer of god as the only logical answer we have. Here are a few videos that I have found to help increase your understanding:

https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=kJQjpG-lGY4
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=OhAxN4pCjp4
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=nWY-6xBA0Pk

5. You seem to dislike the version of the Bible that I chose (NLT). This is hypocritical because you listed the NLT as one of the versions I could use. You're doing one of two things here. A. Limiting the versions of the bible that I can use because you don't want to have to deal with them and/or B. Hand-picking versions of the Bible that you think are subpar as a means to try an gain an advantage. For the record, I personally use the NAB version.

6. I find it funny that you talk all about evidence but show a lack of humor or awareness of sarcasm. The computer statement was a joke and meant as sarcasm. They didn't have computers back then, So he couldn't have written it on his blog. Only a true nut-head (no offense) would take that s*** seriously. Anyways, That's beside the point.

7. You compare human's lack of understanding on God to Donald Trump not releasing his taxes. Think about it this way. If Jesus handed out USB drives to his followers, Do you think they would know what to do with them? There are people in this country who know how to analyze a tax return, But back then, Nobody knew what the hell a USB was. I hope this clarifies my point a little bit.

8. You talk about mistranslations between certain languages. This is more of a testament between human translation skills and the limits of communication than anything else. This was about God's only choice at the time, So he had to make do with what resources the HUMANS at the time had. He gives people the free will to believe or not, Just like the First Amendment. IF God wanted to, He could reveal himself to everyone. But that's not what he wants. He wants s to see us for who we truly are, And that means leaving clues a little deeper than the surface level.

9. "Nobody can even prove that this god of the bible exists! " Nobody can ever prove that the Big Bang created the universe nor that certain dinosaurs walked this planet. Has anyone alive today seen a dinosaur. I rest my case.

10. "There is no such thing as a 'miracle. '" Scientists can't even explain how thoughts work. The fact that society isn't filled with hate and that our bodies work flawlessly for days upon end in ways more complicated than our most advanced technologies is a miracle in itself. If miracles don't exist, Then explain some of these:
https://www. Beliefnet. Com/inspiration/7-modern-miracles-that-science-can't-explain. Aspx
http://www. Oprah. Com/spirit/real-life-miracles_1

11. Finally, You address the one-creator dialogue. If you watched my videos, Then this question was already addressed. According to empirical data, Your brain nor intelligence exist. You shouldn't trust all evidence. You got to have FAITH when using your evidence. FAITH and BIAS are directly correlated, And you can't tell me that bias doesn't exist.
backwardseden

Con

1. "You started off your argument by addressing an analogy about a jury. " No I didn"t sparky. You might want to reexamine that one. Then get back to your painful rectal itch that sodomizes your internal clock of bankrupt memory card overlord unit convulsion status. Now if you really want to get right down to the eggs and the seashells of squash, Take out the jury, Duh, And you still have the same equation. YOU CAN"T PROVE FAITH. Nobody can. Nobody has ever been able to or will ever be able to. Got it?

Let"s move on now that that problem was solved.

2. No you don"t get to ask a question when you have asked 4. You blew it. Let"s move on.

3. "I know you are going to say that this isn't proof that God exists, " you nor anybody has proof that YOUR god or any god exists or has ever existed in the entire existence of the human race because they all require some sort of faith as evidence which is not evidence. Now you do yourself in "But if all these famous scientists believed in God, . . . " What word did you use? You used "believed". Do you really need and or require an answer to that? "You have to ask yourself"" I don"t have to ask myself anything when faith is required, Neither do billions of others who do not "believe" in your god and the rest of those who do "believe" in your god. Then again, "why believe? " in which you nor anyone can legitimately answer.
Now you do realize that right off the bat I"m not going to look at that link you designated me to look at. You know why? "who-happened-be-christians" was at the tail end of it. And sorry, There"s no such a thing as a christian, None.
"I even fact-checked it for you because you atheists love their evidence" How do you know what atheists do and don"t love? You don"t even know what an atheist is now do yah oh great god of toxic waste with a meow breath? That"s correct!

4. "I watched a few your videos (I got the general idea after a while) If you are going to use videos, Please just directly copy and paste the URL instead of re-typing it out. " Wow. Well first of all, They are not MY VIDEOS. Secondly, The people who made them have been doing what they do for longer than the years you"ve been breathing. They know a lot more about your god, Religion and bible than you ---ever--- will and so do I.
You know something? When you pluck your eyebrows out too much using a dildo instead of some sticky mango sap, Its really not going to get yah anywhere, Especially in the sporting goods department while trying on some new heat receptors to block out the sun. This happens to have happened to EVERYBODY, No exceptions, None who are customers to DDO for probably about a year now that links are broken up when they are pasted into any argument or comments sections. No exceptions, None unless you get REALLY lucky. Oh but wait, You didn"t even check out YOUR pasted broken links to see how they were broken up now did yah hot stuff? Why no of course not.
Oh don"t yah worry cuddly teddy bore, ALL LINKS I posted, Do work.

"They take the strategy of disproving faith"" No they do disprove faith as an ultimate idiocy. What kind of god especially a superior egotistical god complex in which your bible is entirely about and nothing else would use faith instead of evidence? Oh I get it, Yours would. And since you insist your god would use faith then you must prove every single other religion false because they all use faith of some sort. So go right ahead. Do it right now. Prove that your god is the correct faith and every single other faith is false. Oh but wait by golly gosh gee golly gosh darned it all you can"t do it.
You are really not that bright. Nor for a single second should ---ever--- try to pretend that you are.
"What if we look at it in a different mindset. " Let"s say that we don"t because faith is the most preached thing in your bible, Your god"s pathetic frail fragile HUGE BLOATED ego.
"What if we"" Who is this "we"? No it just you, You a punk kid who has the answers to nothing. But let"s continue. I can"t wait to humiliate, Degrade and dehumanize you further. Its my pleasure. But I will tell you this, My patience is wearing this with your utter stupidity, Ignorance, Utter lack of intelligence and no education on this subject whatsoever. So what do you do instead? Since you have no answers, You thus invent excuses and play pretend time. Isn"t that cute and cuddly? So since you do invent excuses it is within my right to do what I do and insult you as I do. This is something that is taught in college. I will also tell you this" you pull that crap on your teachers = instant F. You pull that crap on your friends and loved ones = no friends and loved ones. So I won"t deal with it for too much longer.

OK this will be the final topic of discussion. You went too far buckeroo boy. "for the creation of the universe" Who said the universe was created? Then you mention this word "We" again. "This leaves the answer of god as the only logical answer we have. " There"s that "we" again. OPK time to once again humiliate, Degrade, And belittle you yet again. Apparently you must like it. Trust me the videos you present will not help you in any way and they shall be aborted. I"ve heard it all before and have been doing this for 43+ years, Almost 44. God are you boring.
OK which god? Why does it have to be "a god"? Why does it have to be only one god? Could easily be thousands, Billions, Quadrillions of gods. And why would any imbecile truly want it to be specifically the terrorist completely bankrupt immoral god of the bible?
Here"s you" "I"m a complete buffoon and amazing naive about the workings of the universe. And I really don"t understand anything at all, Well pretty much anything, Including how I breathe and what keeps me alive and why, So I will just say POOF therefore god! And SHEBANG I"ve solved all the riddles and complexities of the universe with a mere handshake because you know what? Hey, I can take the easy way out rather than using my brain and saying "I---don"t---know. "

5. "You seem to dislike the version of the Bible that I chose (NLT). " No. They are suck. They are all stupid ridiculous barfolos of any rendition that no god, Even if she were to have a rotting mind from his pubic hairs stuck in a sledge-o-matic would not be stupid enough, Not ever, Not for any reason to use text, Namely your bible as a form of communication, The worst form of communication possible.
Now the NLT is the worst that I"ve come across as far as English translations except for one other and that would be the WYC. The NLT is far far far too lenient and nice. The WYC is just simply GONE into the next universe.
"This is hypocritical because you listed the NLT as one of the versions I could use. " Oh absolutely is it not hypocritical. You see, You really don"t know all that much about debating either. Its rather "nice" of me as an opponent to bait you. You still don"t get that no version of your bible is evidence of your god. All it is, Is simply a storybook with stories, Violent, Hateful, Evil ones at that, Showing no remorse, No love, But plenty of pain and oh yeah plenty of suffering.
"A. Limiting the versions of the bible that I can use"" You don"t have any.
"B. Hand-picking versions"" there is no version of the bible that is in any possible way that are correct, Legitimate or applicable. They all fail.

6. Oh believe me, I most certainly do understand in full stunning detail what sarcasm is. Its like yodeling grunge country opera hand grenade weight loss program.

7. Nope it doesn"t clear anything up. Your god still would not use text. Now you pour gasoline all over yourself, Run into a burning collapsing building, You figure out just a couple more reasons out of about 50 why this god of yours would never use text, And you also figure out what other forms of communication he would use. K? Its---not---that---hard.

8. "You talk about mistranslations between certain languages. This is more of a testament between human translation skills and the limits of communication than anything else. This was about God's only choice at the time, " OK I"m ending this until your brain can kick into high gear and thus trash text. You really think your god only had one, Just one, That would only be one, Just one, Repeating that definitive number, One, Just one put, Just one, Only one choice, Only one way of proceeding?
Then according to you and you alone, Your god is a true piece of s--t since he only had one choice. Well gee, ALL poker players have more than one out before the flop if they are in the hand.
And since according to you "This is more of a testament between human translation skills and the limits of communication than anything else. " This makes man smarter, More intelligent, More educated, More knowing than your god since according to you "This was about God's only choice at the time, " Hey man translated your bible into more than one language. And god was not in control of this, Not in charge, Was not all knowing nor all powerful, Did not know everything, Was most certainly not omnipotent, Was definitely not perfect and therefore according to you was not at all a god. Only choice. Think of better excuses please rather than frying your brain on blah blah black sheep have you any fool? Yes sir Yes sir, Three bags of gruel.
JigmaBronco

Pro

Since I see that you really enjoy trash-talking, I will enter into your ballpark. You say that I know nothing about Atheism. Well, Then you must be a really ignorant piece of sh**. I have many friends (not that you would know anything about having some of those) who are atheists and every single one is a whole hell smarter than you. They would know that aggressively trashing your opponent is great if you're in the middle of a roast battle, But not during a debate. I bet they also told you in community college that money doesn't grow on trees. Real shocking, I know. I am going to do my best to continue in a mannerly and nice fashion, Something people of all religions and faiths, INCLUDING ATHEISM, Know (except you apparently). I really enjoy your sh**y metaphors though. They really make my day and my atheist friends take wonder at the number of grammatical errors and lack of diction throughout your arguments (they really taught you a lot in college).

1. I really enjoyed your beautiful paragraph about faith. I will let you pretend that you put a lot of thought into that jury analysis. Ha, I'm just kidding. I don't give a f**k. Anyways, You say that nobody will be ever to prove faith. And I agree with that statement. I said that faith is necessary for proving a point, Not that you could prove faith itself. Let's dumb it down a little bit more for you. You need gas to run a car, But you can't make a car out of gas (great metaphor, I know). Hopefully, Your college education will help you analyze the metaphor for some deeper meaning. Problem-solved.

2. Ignoring my argument I see. That's another thing they taught you in college, Right? If you can't address a claim or argument, Just ignore it. Pretend it's not there. If you don't talk about it, Then it doesn't matter. I don't know about you, But I starting to question your investment choice of going to this college.

3. Here's a chance to redeem yourself from number 2 last time. Do you think independently and have your own thoughts? There is no evidence for how thoughts work, Or if they even exist. So since you have to have faith that your thoughts exist, I guess that means that you don't have to question it, Because, "I don't have to ask myself anything when faith is required. " So now that your thoughts don't exist, I guess that means that everything you say and do is being done without a mind, Or you are being controlled by a higher being. I would just like to clarify that thoughts do exist because I don't know what you do and don't know about life after going to 'magical' college. Oh, I'm sorry. In college, They taught you that your automatically smarter than everyone else and are immune to getting destroyed by a kid over 30 years younger than you.

4. No, Your third video doesn't work. Whether it got deleted or YouTube changed the URL, I don't know. But the video doesn't exist. Maybe I'm not using the same Internet as you. (That's sarcasm by the way). I can't say if they know more about my Bible than I do, But if so, They have way to much time on their hands. They probably know it as well as most priests. And all they do is sit and complain that people believe in God. I can see how some people would like to hear the atheists bringing attention to the 'issue', But to be honest, Most atheists I know don't give a rat's behind about other people's religions or what God they choose to worship. You probably know more about the Bible than I do, And I'm fine with that. But that shows that you care way too much about dishing others than actually being productive. Get a life man. No one really cares about what you have to say. To be fair, I didn't know about the link bug. That's just a testament to the software team who built the website. I could fix the issue if they gave me the resources and time.

5. I would say that my God is a lot less egotistical than you and your atheist buddies on the talk show, But that's beside the point. When I said we, I was addressing you and me. However, I can clearly see that you didn't read my debate very thoroughly because you're not part of the discussion. You're not seeing. I would include a Bible passage here, But you don't like those very much and they seem to offend your precious feelings, So I won't. Basically, It's about going beyond just looking. You need to see, Not just look. You need to listen, Not just hear. And right now, Your not really doing either one. So what is the point of me trying to argue with you if you're not going to take the time to play devil's advocate and see the other sides perspective?

6. You asked if the universe was created. Well, Mr. Smarty-Pants, Can you name one thing that you can see, Feel, Hear, Smell, And/or taste that was not created in some way. You're telling me that the universe was always just there. If the universe was always there, Then why did it take humans so long to become truly intelligent creatures. You atheists love the Big Bang. Nothing exploded out of nowhere and a bunch of planets, Stars, Moons, And the Earth all just happened to pop out. Yeah, That makes sense. However, There is no evidence that can prove beyond reasonable doubt that the Big Bang occurred. So, You are going to have to use faith to make a decision and believe in one of the outcomes, Or be ignorant and just ignore the entire issue.

7. The final point that I would like to make is your point about God only having one choice. You're right, He had more than one actual choice. But, God wants people to have faith. Having faith in God and others teaches a valuable life lesson. If we are made decisions solely based on evidence, We would be like robots. We aren't though. We use our faith, Beliefs, And values to help guide those decisions. And that is what makes being a human so great. God used text because, At the time, It was a great choice. It was something that could be copied and shared easily, Something very important for the spread of information. It contained great metaphors and hidden meanings, Ones that once you discovered and UNDERSTOOD, Would teach you great life lessons. When Jesus came down from heaven, He performed great miracles, In order for people to believe he was God. However, Jesus tried to avoid going around and just showing off and bragging about his skills so that everyone would worship him. He needed people to have faith, And that's why he didn't lay out his evidence in a straight-forward manner. God uses methods that challenge readers and believers to spend time in reflection, Methods to understand great lessons, And ones that may apply to specific challenges in one's life.
backwardseden

Con

"Since I see that you really enjoy trash-talking, I will enter into your ballpark. " No you don"t have those capabilities, Nor the integrity, Virtue, Class, Honesty, Style, Originality, Cleanliness, Sanitation to wipe your nose in doggie poo especially when you deserve it. Let"s continue.
There will be a 3 strike rule and you're out. I really don"t have the time nor the patience to deal with a 17 year old jock strap like you with a zit ready to be popped on his nose because he didn"t jackhapper his teeth properly today. So let"s see what yah got. Hopefully it will be something truthful and not something shot out from the sky with your sling shot so you could learn how to use cement spit-wads a little bit better that you got for X-Mas as you have previously done and tried to pretend that I"d fall for the garb-age you tried to rattle home, But failed on a swingset set with controls towards the can so yah can make a quick hershey bar.
"You say that I know nothing about Atheism. " In fact you don"t. Yet you pretend that you do. I really don"t need to read your muddled excuse(s) do I? But nevertheless, I shall. If there is any earthquake shallowness that lies beneath any faultline, It or they will easily be an easy strike one or two or possibly three. So let"s see? "Well, Then you must be a really ignorant piece of sh**. " Oh whoopsie yah candied yam caught in a blender to come p with pee-nut juice, Trying to insult lil ole me? Come on, Come up with SOMETHING ORIGINAL for god"s sake and use just a little bit of finesse. Bu I get that is all your cheapened noodle diaper run brain allows you to do so that"s a mark down on your laxative prayer gone wild on the bunny ranch.
"I have many friends (not that you would know anything about having some of those)" Actually I do. Now I"m talking about genuine friends" those that would die for you without thinking twice in which case, Sorry, You have none. I"ve got 5 in which case all of them I"ve known 2 for at least 1x you age and the other 3, 3x your age. Pathetic isn"t it? You wanna know why you punk kid sweaty piece of rear end wipe? Its because we are honest with each other. "as who are atheists and every single one is a whole hell smarter than you. " Sorry wrong answer. That"s an easy lie with a strike 1. I truly hate it when people flatly lie.
"They would know that aggressively trashing your opponent is great if you're in the middle of a roast battle, But not during a debate. " REally? When you don"t know what the f--k you are talking about and yet you pretend that you do, And since you don"t you thus invent excuses for it, You 100% deserve to be insulted, Degraded, Dehumanized, Belittled etc etc etc. If you do this crap to your friends and loved ones = goodbye. If you do this crap to your teachers = instant F. PE-IR-OD.
"I bet they also told you in community college"" Oh guess again oh great swammy. Tell yah what, This paragraph is now skipped.

1. "I really enjoyed your beautiful paragraph about faith. I will let you pretend that you put a lot of thought into that jury analysis. Ha, I'm just kidding. I don't give a f**k. Anyways, " OK then this debate is now over and you"ve freely admitted that you"ve lost.
JigmaBronco

Pro

You know what I love about people like you. You think that you know everything. You think that your the psychological master, Calling out my "lies", Don't you. Since you have declared this debate over, I will not waste my precious time responding to your shenanigans. I have moved on to more productive debates, And thus am not going to continue with this one. The fact that you think I care about your insults is very funny. I just getting into my primetime, While you are dying out of yours. I have my talents, And you have yours. One of us is going to become very accomplished in less than ten years, And the other is an atheist. God Bless you and your friends on your future endeavors.
Posted by JigmaBronco 3 years ago
JigmaBronco
Sorry. My videos didn't load into the debate feed so here they are:

https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=OhAxN4pCjp4&t=191s
https://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=nWY-6xBA0Pk&t=111s
Posted by oalks 3 years ago
oalks
"Oh I see, So you only use partial quotes from your bible to further damage interpretations into silly pity - correct? "

We are upstanding intellectuals here - I can't have you quoting the Bible without including the entire context of the 1, 189 chapters.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
"Again, You're defaming the Bible then trying to reduce God into its pages. I really find this detestably manipulative. " This is EXACTLY to the letter what YOUR bible says. And that's not my problem. That's entirely yours. And how dare you state that I'm being manipulative when your religion has been butchering babies, Children, And women and men of all cultures even since your god's inception. Again, Your god = 1 billion dead on the battlefields alone since his inception. Your god, Your bible is entirely manipulative and its al all out blitz in every way you can and cannot think of. Let's prove that right now. Look up Hong Xiuquan and the Taiping Rebellion for a real charmer
Oh yeah I'm sure I've said this also. . . You cannot think of a time or a place or a culture where your god has ruled since his inception for say 30 years or longer where peace has reigned. "More people have been killed in the name of god than for any other reason. " George Carlin and he's right.

"I don't especially care about making an absolute case, " No you don't have a case. You are ridiculous. Bye.
Posted by oalks 3 years ago
oalks
Again, You're defaming the Bible then trying to reduce God into its pages. I really find this detestably manipulative.

Anyways, Onto Ralph's question. I have quite a few rational arguments I could pose, I think you're debating one of interest right now: the Kalam cosmological argument.

I don't especially care about making an absolute case, So much as I have fun doing it.
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
Yeah I would also love to hear a rational argument for god. I have yet to in 43+ years, Almost 44. You'd of course have to do away with the bible and make up one of your own. Why? Answer these 6 questions honestly with a "yes" or a "no" response. Now if you reply "yes" to any of the questions, Then you are as immoral as your god. If you state "no" to all, Then you pass. However, This means you disobey your god. However, Keep in mind that 4 of the 6 questions come from your 10 commandments.
According to your god you should be put to death if you blaspheme. Do you think that's a good idea? Y____? N____? Leviticus 24:16, According to your god you should be put to death if you work on the sabbath. Do you think that's a good idea? Y____? N____? Exodus 31:14, And Numbers 15: 32-36, According to your god you should be put to death if you curse at your parents. Do you think that's a good idea? Y____? N____? Exodus 21:17, Leviticus 20:9, Mark 7:10, Matthew 15:4, According to your god you should be put to death if you commit adultery. Do you think that's a good idea? Y____? N____? Leviticus 20:10. Those were directly from your 10 commandments. Here are some other things that YOUR god thinks you should be put to death for. . . According to your god you should be put to death if you are a homosexual? Do you think that's a good idea? Y___? N____? Leviticus 20:13, According to your god you should be put to death if you do not worship him. Do you think that's a good idea? Y____? N____? Deuteronomy 13: 9-10 and Deuteronomy 17: 2-5.
Posted by oalks 3 years ago
oalks
Back to the emotional appeals I guess, I was actually just about to submit a response to Ralph as well.

It makes arguments much easier to deflect if you defame the origin, Doesn't it?
Posted by backwardseden 3 years ago
backwardseden
@oalks - This is not MY argument. This is a very extremely well thought out atheist argument that has been going on ever since your idiot bible was first put into text form you ape sheep moron. Oh but it gets worse because your god since he has these HUMAN BAGGAGE emotions, You know what he did with them? HE KEPT THEM. AND he neatly passed them down to man so in turn man could learn to hate with at least 1 billion dead on the battlefields alone. Great going god. Great going you for worshiping this travesty. Keep up the good work. Yeah your god MURDERED 2, 821, 364 in his bible alone which included babies, Children and pregnant mother (yeah that abortions. Oh but wait by golly, You supposed christians are supposed to be so so so against abortions. Talk about one HUGE contradiction) all because YOUR god was a fricken crybaby jealous maniac who didn't like it when people worshiped other gods. Yeah, Yah might want to read YOUR fricken bible. Nah. That's asking too much.

"Well, You were the one wanting to debate the possibility of a Christian God existing, Perhaps you should ask yourself that question. " Don't even try and play that typical preschool game with me you fricken smug cottonball coward who has no answers and you know it. Your head was just put on the stake and you can't handle it. Too bad.
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
there are quadrillions of creators, They're called particles, Lol. You solved the mystery! @backardseden
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
@Oalks. You have a rational argument for God? I'd love to hear it!
Posted by oalks 3 years ago
oalks
" That's the problem, You can't. Believing in evil, Anger, Wrath, Vengeance, Rage, Fury, Jealousy as your god has described of himself in your bible, In which no god would ever use text in the first place, As your god uses human emotions IS NOT RATIONAL"

This is a red herring and has nothing to do with the actual existence of God, You're so blinded by your own contrived logic it's unfathomable.

"Why does there have to be a creator? Why does there have to be "one"? "

Well, You were the one wanting to debate the possibility of a Christian God existing, Perhaps you should ask yourself that question.
Vote Placed by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
backwardsedenJigmaBroncoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro called Con's arguments "shenanigans.". That's poor conduct.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 3 years ago
dsjpk5
backwardsedenJigmaBroncoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con called Pro "toxic waste". That's poor conduct.