AIRhino
flakypie

'R*pe Culture' is a Myth | Change My Mind

AIRhino

Pro

My definition of rape culture; "A specific area where people encourage, Condone, Or tolerate rape. " This being the definition of rape culture, I don't believe that we live in a country that believes that rape is okay. We arrest rapists, We put them in jail. None of us think it's okay.

Con may argue first, I'm open to having my mind changed.

*I have to censor the name of the debate, As I sometimes use my school issued computer for debates, And it blocks on the keyword of r*pe. I apologize if this causes any issues. *
flakypie

Con

Disclaimer: Please note that even though I am arguing pro, I do not support pro-rape culture in any way, And I am simply proving its existence.

While it may be true that rape is frowned upon in the United States of America, Non-consensual sex, And countries that support or secretly support it, Are not uncommon, Especially in third-world countries, Although not exclusively. When girls get married very young, Especially to older spouses, They will most likely be uncomfortable and unsure about intercourse and may voice this opinion. However, Their culture/religious beliefs may demand what is casually referred to as matrimonial sex. If the girl refuses, She will be hit and raped anyway. Some examples of this are rural India, Pakistan, And South Africa. I apologize for the brevity of this argument, But there are no other points I feel need to be made.

Links:
https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Rape_culture
AIRhino

Pro

I should have clarified, I was simply speaking of rape culture in the United States. I agree, In third world countries, Matrimonial sex is a real thing and girls do get raped through that. I'm saying that rape culture doesn't exist in the United States. Rape culture among college campuses is commonly thrown around, And I just don't believe that we live in a country/area that condones or supports rape. I don't think that's true.
flakypie

Con

Unfortunately, This won't be much of a debate because I agree with you. Rape culture does not exist in the U. S, At least not for the majority of the population. I'm sure there are a few exceptions, A few immigrants and a few pedophiles/people with kinks who do support it, But most people do not support rape.
AIRhino

Pro

AIRhino forfeited this round.
flakypie

Con

flakypie forfeited this round.
AIRhino

Pro

AIRhino forfeited this round.
flakypie

Con

I'm sure there are lots of people who secretly agree with it and won't tell anyone, Though, Because that's just how f*cked up the world is.
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
Also, You're saying that by not investigating rapes that happen on their campuses, And putting rapists in jail, They're HELPING their image? I'm so confused.
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
It's your job to prove it to me. You give me links to those cases.
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
There is the Michigan State University, University of Maryland, And Florida State University cases that you can look up. They all have records of students talking to police and faculty only to be given the run around, Had their complaints dismissed without conducting an investigation, And even pressured by authorities to stop pressing the issue.
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
What does everybody call the supposedly higher rape rates and the police "doing nothing about it" on college campuses? Rape culture. That's what they call it. I am debating the core issue @mcsloth
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
Can you give me an example @Block19? Or some data to support that idea?
Posted by Block19 3 years ago
Block19
Yeah, Universities don't do enough when it comes to sexual assault and rape allegations. Usually its do to the impact it would have towards the universities public image.
Posted by McSloth 3 years ago
McSloth
Isn't this whole debate about a problem with a definition (definition being of "Rape Culture")? I don't think you could find a university in the United States that supports, Condones or tolerates rape, But I don't think you could argue however that universities don't have a problem when it comes to sexual assault and rape. This whole debate is missing the point and is just a waste of time. Debate the core issue, Not some throw away phrase.
Posted by Nartnod7875 3 years ago
Nartnod7875
Yeah I know. I was just mocking and making fun of the liberals and SJWs who accuse every white conservative of being a nazi.
If you actually thought that I meant what I said, Then truly I am wounded.
Posted by catdog33233 3 years ago
catdog33233
Nartnod7875 no hes not he just proves things.
Posted by Nartnod7875 3 years ago
Nartnod7875
Steven Crowder's a nazi.