AIRhino
flakypie

'R*pe Culture' is a Myth | Change My Mind

AIRhino

Pro

My definition of rape culture; "A specific area where people encourage, Condone, Or tolerate rape. " This being the definition of rape culture, I don't believe that we live in a country that believes that rape is okay. We arrest rapists, We put them in jail. None of us think it's okay.

Con may argue first, I'm open to having my mind changed.

*I have to censor the name of the debate, As I sometimes use my school issued computer for debates, And it blocks on the keyword of r*pe. I apologize if this causes any issues. *
flakypie

Con

Disclaimer: Please note that even though I am arguing pro, I do not support pro-rape culture in any way, And I am simply proving its existence.

While it may be true that rape is frowned upon in the United States of America, Non-consensual sex, And countries that support or secretly support it, Are not uncommon, Especially in third-world countries, Although not exclusively. When girls get married very young, Especially to older spouses, They will most likely be uncomfortable and unsure about intercourse and may voice this opinion. However, Their culture/religious beliefs may demand what is casually referred to as matrimonial sex. If the girl refuses, She will be hit and raped anyway. Some examples of this are rural India, Pakistan, And South Africa. I apologize for the brevity of this argument, But there are no other points I feel need to be made.

Links:
https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Rape_culture
AIRhino

Pro

I should have clarified, I was simply speaking of rape culture in the United States. I agree, In third world countries, Matrimonial sex is a real thing and girls do get raped through that. I'm saying that rape culture doesn't exist in the United States. Rape culture among college campuses is commonly thrown around, And I just don't believe that we live in a country/area that condones or supports rape. I don't think that's true.
flakypie

Con

Unfortunately, This won't be much of a debate because I agree with you. Rape culture does not exist in the U. S, At least not for the majority of the population. I'm sure there are a few exceptions, A few immigrants and a few pedophiles/people with kinks who do support it, But most people do not support rape.
AIRhino

Pro

AIRhino forfeited this round.
flakypie

Con

flakypie forfeited this round.
AIRhino

Pro

AIRhino forfeited this round.
flakypie

Con

I'm sure there are lots of people who secretly agree with it and won't tell anyone, Though, Because that's just how f*cked up the world is.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
I would not joke about it. . .
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
Ohhh, I think I get the joke. Never mind xD
Posted by AIRhino 3 years ago
AIRhino
I'm confused. Please explain.
Posted by canis 3 years ago
canis
Hmm. The church pops up. .