factandevidence1234
Masterful

Racism is Natural

factandevidence1234

Con

It is impossible for racism to be natural, for there was already a separation of races in the world.
1. Europeans, (Mainly Whites) had no idea there were more humans in the world, so it is impossible for them to be racist, unless it was towards their own group.
2. Before the discovery of color, people did use slaves, however, that is the way people were grouped (nobles, peasants, etc.) but that is not racism, because there was not a certain prejudice against one group. It's not to say that there was never a homophobia against blacks, because there was, but it must have been for a reason. Most decent people don't just walk up to a colored or white person and say, oh you're white, so I hate you.
Masterful

Pro

Thank you for instigating this debate con.

Racism is natural.

Racism is a result of tribal prejudice and acts as a survival mechanism where tribes are wary of outsiders. This wariness, or distrust, is exacerbated when the outsider looks different, in terms of facial features or even skin color.
This natural distrust of strangers is important as human tribes and civilizations have always sought out to expand their boarders and power.

When one looks at the prison culture, one may find that blacks, whites and Hispanic are all by their own choice, separated. I'm interested into hearing why you think this is, I for one believe this supports my tribal prejudice argument.

It's true that in modern society people are better educated and understand the intentions of other races, which are mostly good. This does not mean we should ignore crime based statistics that show some races are more likely to murder and steal than others.
factandevidence1234

Con

I see your points. However, a tribe is not disgusted just out of instinct, they're disgusted just because they're from a different, or rival tribe. Like I said, a person does not just walk up to a person they don't know and automatically hate them just because they're them. The person had to have had a bad experience with that race, and now holds a prejudice against all of them. Racism is a defense mechanism, but the person only has a need to be wary because of something that happened before. Maybe that tribe had a battle with this tribe a couple days ago, so they now feel the need to be wary and racist to all tribes.
I understand there will always be racist people in the world, no matter what speeches, or punishments we give, and we should not ignore the crime based statistics, however, if we were going to police a black neighborhood, we should only do it based on which communities have been hit before. We shouldn't just police all neighborhoods because they're black communities, but because the most crime has been going on there. You cannot generalize the whole group because of their background or stories.
Masterful

Pro

"a person they don't know and automatically hate them just because they're them."

Nor does a person walk up to another and automatically like them. Without a doubt tribal people themselves are casually racist towards white men, especially when you consider how vastly different the cultures are, it makes sense for them to poke fun out of the white mans habits, looks and skin color.
I've herd terms used by tribal Africans such as "Tha white Devil" is this not racist?
I don't believe you have refuted what I've said regarding tribal prejudice and only given an opinion regarding "perhaps they have battled before."

As for basing police patrols on statistical evidence, you must understand no one is saying- Blacks live in these neighborhoods therefore we should add extra patrols.
The argument is, the stats suggest this neighborhood has a lot of crime while the neighborhood happens to be black, however, due to the neighborhood being black, people assert the extra patrols are a sign of racism, rather than, statistical evidence. That shouldn't stop the police from adding extra police cars.
Posted by 2far4u2CharlesDarwin 3 years ago
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
But yes I will agree that Racism is Natural it is where people draw the line in the sand is not natural.

If we all looked exactly the same and communicated telepathically then we would have to have phone numbers and we all can't have the number one now can we?

So as I here on the grape vine we all love number 1 but if present we all but a few dislike the motherless fatherless one of us all. Must be a hard to stand alone. But hey someones someone else's hero. Just don't try to be your own for that jobs taken and it ain't mine.
2far4u2CharlesDarwin
Why the white hood shouldn't be black or how about checkered like a chess board. For in a humane world we put these childish antics to bed with no supper. But mum sneaks in with something for you to eat anyway.
As a written apology would suffice my wounded but strengthened resolve. Within the wisdom of your degree in psychology the best you can come up with is retard?
Sounds more like toilet parer with smear of bullsh#it then a degree in psychology.
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
Can we at least agree there is very racist people on both sides. Very racist white people and very racist black people?
Fact, if you want I can show you some proof of the black hatred against whites.
Posted by factandevidence1234 3 years ago
factandevidence1234
I honestly know that racist people will always exist but the least we can do it try to stop it
Posted by MagicAintReal 3 years ago
MagicAintReal
Hey everyone, I offered this man a free plane ticket to voice his racist opinions in person, because of how strongly he feels about his racism and he won't do it.

This character, Masterful, is just one gigantic IpussyI.
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
Voters have agreed that DJKSP cannot vote on this debate. Thank you.
Posted by straightshooter 3 years ago
straightshooter
@IAmCara. The debate is not about morality, murder or rape. (Or civility in general) Not sure why you brought it up. Your comment provided no value to the debate. Free pointer for you- Stick to the topic (scope). There is usually no upside to getting sucked down rabbit trails. People who have a lesser argument utilize that tactic to steer the argument in a more favorable direction.

In regards to the debate.. as an observer. Its good dialogue. Masterful will be victorious. The Jail analogy was perfect. (The tribal influence) People tend to stick to their own kind. It is natural at the most basic of levels. People fear ( or at minimum are cautious) of what they 'yet' don't know or understand.
Posted by IAmCara 3 years ago
IAmCara
Just because someone is natural, doesn't mean it is moral.

Murder is "natural."
Rape is "natural."
Discrimination is "natural."

The point of society is not to be "natural," it is to be civilized.

And murder, rape, and unwarranted discrimination are not civilized.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Oof... I also believe racism is natural, but I didn't know the points that the contender brought up... Very enlightening, I guess.