Elektra.king
Luxray2854

Racism is completely fine because its just an opinion discrimination is the issue.

Elektra.king has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

Elektra.king

Pro

I know I'll be frowned upon for this but I believe that racism is not actually the problem. All it is is an unpleasant opinion that humans are entitled to have/view. The actual problem is discrimination. Yes you are allowed to have any unpleasanr perspective and opinion you desire but you don't have any right to force it on others or treat any person differently or like they are lesser than you. Its not okay and we need to end it.
Luxray2854

Con

My apologies for the late start to this debate.

To begin, we must first define racism-
"Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior." [1]

Racism in and of itself, is hardly an opinion, and is instead based on actions (discrimination, antagonization).

Now, looking directly at your argument, and the topic of the debate- Racism is fine, discrimination isn't. This argument inherently makes no sense, due to discrimination being a key part of racism (and a part of the literal definition). Saying, "holding a negative viewpoint of a race is okay, but discriminating against them isn't okay", would be more correct, and you and I would both likely agree on that.

To summarize-

Pro fails to recognize that discriminating against someone based on race is racism, and therefore his argument doesn't make logical sense. It's impossible to discriminate against someone based on race and have it NOT be racism, therefore his argument, and the title of the debate is essentially "Racism is completely fine because it's just an opinion, racism is the issue"

Thank you

[1]- https://en.oxforddictionaries.com...