thetruthwillout
TruffleWolf

Racism

thetruthwillout has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

thetruthwillout

Con

Why do people feel the need to be racist? Or why do people perceive other people as racist ? At the end of the day, are we not all made from the same material? Are we not all made from sand ? Just because someone is whiter than you , does not mean they were made from gold, and just because someone is darker than you does not mean they were made from coal. No. Regardless of light or dark we are still sand. Created from THE EXACT SAME MATERIAL. SAND. So why do whiter people look down on darker people, and why do darker people look down on whiter people? Is it even correct in the first place to assume that a certain colour group looks down on a certain colour group ? Personally, I don"t think so. In my opinion, people do not develop inferiority over others because of their skin colour alone. I mean seriously, imagine looking at your skin colour like, oh im white so now I can look down on black people and brown people. Or even looking at your skin colour like, oh im brown I can definitely look down on darker people. Doing that doesn"t make sense to me, and while I am aware that there are actually people who look down on others just because they feel their skin colour is superior, I am not even going to attempt to argue with such twisted people. Y"all have issues. But in general, I am of the opinion that the way a person behaves towards others has more to do with their upbringing, their values, their environment, their ideals and perceptions. It has more to do with what they are inside of themselves (or how their souls are), rather than outside. For example, if a white person has a few bad encounters with brown and black people, it is human to mistakenly perceive all brown and black people in a certain way, as bad, untrustworthy or whatever negative came out of the encounter. Therefore, the moment they see a brown or black person they might seem very stiff or stuck up. These are the people I"m trying to reason with. The ones who have had bad encounters with a certain colour group, so assumed (incorrectly) that all people of that colour group are a certain way. I, being brown, have had an encounter with a black person when I was on a school trip. I, keeping to myself as usual (I suffer from social anxiety disorder), was suddenly, very randomly tapped on the back, to see the girl mentioned, simply looking at me rather unkindly and calling me a racist. I didn"t do anything, simply confusedly smiled at the girl and turned back around, replaying this strange occurrence over and over, trying to see if I did anything wrong. But no, I hadn"t even spoken to the girl the entire time, being in my own world as I always was. So what made her say such a statement? Was it because I was lighter skinned than her, and she assumed all lighter skinned people to be racists ? I am still not sure until today, but I do not have any negative feelings towards her. Another incident had occurred a few years ago, when my house was broken into by a few dark skinned men. It was very traumatic for me, and for a while I could not go out of the house because all dark skinned people scared me. But after the shock was over, and I could think clearly, I realised that judging a whole group of people as bad even though I had only had two encounters with this colour group, was not the way to go. As you think deeper about this, you start understanding that the way people behave does not have to do with their skin colour. The way people behave, more importantly the things they regard as right and wrong, their morals and values, all come from inside. A persons soul can be tainted or pure inside, regardless of their skin colour or what they look like on the outside. After all, like I said we are all made from the same material, and we are all made by the same Maker. God. So how can anyone be looked down upon for their skin colour ? That"s like questioning what God created. Before our souls were even put into our bodies, some were good and some were bad. The body is just meant to hold the soul, that is it. And if you think about, I, being brown skinned, could just as easily have been put into a darker skinned or lighter skinned body. Just like that. But that wouldn"t mean my soul would change because the body changed. If my soul is good, it will be good no matter what colour body it was put into, and vice versa. Being in this world, a good soul can turn bad and bad good, depending on many factors, NOT skin colour alone. A person who has a strong sense of right and wrong, would not, being in a situation, suddenly choose wrong. For example, poor people could resort to robbery etc. or they could use whatever skills they have to make money. It all depends on their soul, not their skin colour. In my country, black people happen to be the poorest. Now they are put in a situation. How do I feed myself? How do I buy myself things to fulfill my physiological needs? The decision they make here HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR SKIN COLOUR, but rather with their sense of morals. A person whose nature is good will think, okay, I am good at art, crafts, farming, teaching or whatever skill they have, and then they will try to make use of this skill to make money, in whatever way they can. A person who has a weaker sense of right and wrong will decide to rob others and steal. So based on this thought pattern, to say that all black people are thieves, or all white people are stuck up, or all brown people are racist IS WRONG. Skin colour HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A PERSONS MORALS. I have met and made friends with black people, white people, brown people, and honestly I can say that at the end of the day, we all have the same needs, the same humanity burning within us, the same range of emotions. I have also come across unfriendly and immoral brown people, black people, and white people. In each colour group, there will be the friendly and the unfriendly, the promoters of peace and the promoters of hate, the generous and the selfish, the good, the bad and the ugly. This is because each person has been brought up in circumstances, environments and ways particular to them, therefore each person"s character and behaviour is different. Regardless of skin colour, there will be the creative and the logical, each with their own dreams and aspirations. Each deserves the same rights as every other human being. Assumptions and preconceived ideas developed to suit each colour group based on your experience will only prevent you from getting to know wonderful people. I have seen beautiful things in people of all colour, beautiful ideas, beautiful human fire and passion they burned with. If I had decided all other colour groups besides mine were good or worthy of being my friend, I would have missed the opportunity to get to know some of the most vibrant personalities out there. A darker skinned guy I sat next to in class became a sweet friend of mine, and in him I saw the kind of character I wanted to have. His goodness, kindness and purity could be seen in everything he did. The amount of respect he had towards women was beautiful. A guy in his age range could generally be seen or heard saying disrespectful things about women, teenage hormones and all that, but around me and my (girl) friend we never heard any obscenities being uttered by him. He loved to speak only good, and my friend and I would often take advice from him as he had a good sense of right and wrong. Whenever he saw us losing our way, he gently reasoned with us. My point is that, if I had decided after the robbery, to continue viewing all dark skinned people as potentially dangerous, and I had not re-evaluated my mind set, I would never have allowed this beautiful soul to come into my life, to help me (as I have a lot of family issues and i tended to look for unhealthy ways to cope), to show me that there are people in this world who are genuine and sincere. Don"t get me wrong or misunderstand why I mentioned this friend. It is NOT to let y"all know that I have a dark skinned friend, so whoo I"m not racist guys look I have a dark skinned friend ! That is honestly disgusting, and in the first place my whole argument is AGAINST judging people by their skin and FOR recognising people by their soul, their character, their inner self. I mentioned my friend as an example, to show all the people out there who do have racist tendencies or preconceived ideas and assumptions about certain colour groups, that their assumptions are incorrect and need to be re-evaluated. Otherwise, you could miss out on making friends, finding spouses etc. who have the ability to change your life for the better, to be your soulmate, your best friend, your true love, or simply just set you in the right direction on your journey. For example, had I not allowed this friend to be my friend because I decided all dark skinned people are bad, then I would definitely have ended up making some terrible decisions in life, heck by now I might have even ended up on drugs or in jail. Yes, I"m a brown person, and to all you brown people who think y"all only gonna mix with brown people, well I just want you to know that if that was the case and you had become my friend simply because I"m the same colour as you, then good luck with the direction your life would"ve headed to. Because you"d have befriended me not for my character, my soul, but my colour, and I can tell you at one time my soul was down in the dumps, my sense of morals weren"t right, my life was not pure. Come on, you people reading this, please, I beg, think about it honestly. Don"t lie to yourself. Do you honestly, truly believe that someone"s skin colour has the ability to magically make them good or bad?! Seriously ?!
TruffleWolf

Pro

Hey, thanks for taking the time to let your views be known and allowing others to comment on them.

Attributing racism purely to a few bad situations a person might encounter is a gross oversimplification of the issues between races. When you start to break down large scale demographic issues you start to see the problems underlying most of the problems people have with people of African descent.

First you have Africans when they represent a minority in a population. I'll be referring mostly to blacks in the US since I am more familiar with my home country. Here blacks commit roughly the same amount of violent crime as whites across all financial demographics. They also make terrible parents. 72% of Black Mothers are unmarried when they give birth, and the majority of them are on Medicaid at the time which comes at the cost of everyone else. And while the rate of child abuse is fairly consistent when adjusted for population, Black child abuse has a disproportionately high fatality rate.

Then you have the differences in genetics. Whites and Asians tend to be more intelligent than Hispanics and blacks, while the inverse tends to be true for physical strength. While this fact is not inherently racist, it leads to much animosity when these groups are forced together.

Then you factor in what happens once they gain a majority control in a country. You may or may not be surprised to find out that blacks tend to be far more racist toward whites than any white controlled nation towards blacks. This is consistent throughout all of sub-Saharan Africa, be it Zimbabwe where they drove away all the white farmers shortly before they began suffering a food shortage or in South Africa where two of the major political parties stances are 'take white owned land without compensation' and 'Genocide all whites'.

So you have a violent, low intelligence, group of people who actively try to ruin the lives of any minority in a country their race controls. It's not hard to see why many would look down on such people and would rather be around people of their own race.

I'd like to thank you again for giving me this opportunity and look forward to your rebuttal.

Black Racism:https://www.telegraph.co.uk...
http://dailycaller.com...
Black Crime:https://ucr.fbi.gov...
Racial Differences in IQ:https://www.news-medical.net...
Black Motherhood:https://www.cdc.gov...
https://www.cdc.gov...
https://archive.acf.hhs.gov...
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
thanks :) x
Posted by factandevidence1234 3 years ago
factandevidence1234
I don"t think people should have any reason to be racist or pro discrimination, but I liked this debate
factandevidence1234
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
:) peace x
Posted by TruffleWolf 3 years ago
TruffleWolf
Hey Con,
No, problem. Everyone has lives outside the internet. Thanks for at least taking the time to open up your views for debate by others.
factandevidence1234
No kidding. Probably thinking he's the best person in the world calling Indians and Blacks "stinky", I mean, REALLY?
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
I agree with @IAmCara
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
I agree with @IAmCara
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
I agree with @IAmCara
Posted by thetruthwillout 3 years ago
thetruthwillout
Dear Pro
Sorry for not completing this debate I was a bit busy
Thank you for taking the time to reply
I still hold with my belief that all people are equal. If blacks actually were given a chance to be educated and in their own language, they would (and are), actually as, or more intelligent than their white or other colour classmates. I say this fro experience, I know many black people that are really intelligent and i also know whites who are not. Intelligence isn't based on colour its based on opportunity