hsteacher
Livelifelovelife

Reality

hsteacher

Pro

FOR GUITARSLINGER ONLY:
Guitarslinger -
Let's engage in a simple debate on this topic:
"The episode of Abraham abotu to sacrifice his son indicates God is a monster. "
You take the "Pro" side (for) and I'll take the "Con" side (against).

Yeah I'll debate you on that, Because I'm positive it won't take beans worth of my time, Because the fact of the matter is - this supposedly existing God would be a SOURCE. A source that neither you nor I nor any human, Would be able to ever even hope to have any idea as to its moral nature - it could be good bad or ugly, With us all hopelessly never ever capable of knowing its morality level [if any morality. ] And it is factually insane to even risk torturing someone because an absolutely unknowable source told you to.
And it's also a FACT, That for an unknowable source to put such a monsterously REPULSIVE pile of imagery into the minds of the worlds population, Is evidence that said source is a monster TO the human species. Something for the human species to stay away from. Ok, So evidence it's a monster to us. Now, Back to the fact that this thing is nothing but a hopelessly unknowable source.
A hopelessly unknowable source has got evidence against it, That it is a monster to the human species. What is one supposed to do? A sane person would stay the god dam away from it, Because it LOOKS like a monster.
You know perfectly well that you can only speculate as to what such an entity might do to you, And as all anyone has to go on is face value. And face value says - it would be a source for which you can only speculate as to its morality level, If any, But it LOOKS like a monster. A sane person would say to themself - this is really dangerous, I'm staying the god dam away from it.

Ok, Topic covered.
Livelifelovelife

Con

Ok woah woah woah now Lets restart Ok?
First of all God didn't say "I sent that to tell you to sacrifice your son! " As a matter of fact sacrificing people is the opposite of gods doing. God is nowhere NEAR that! Abraham abotu sacrifice your son to be with god is not something god would do and because it says it doesn't mean its HIS WORDS or the story isn't tampered.
hsteacher

Pro

I see the illiterate idiot can't even figure out what "GUITARSLINGER ONLY" means.

Has a debate going claiming school should be banned. I say sterilize imbeciles. Boy are you a perfect example.
Livelifelovelife

Con

Livelifelovelife forfeited this round.
hsteacher

Pro

hsteacher forfeited this round.
Livelifelovelife

Con

Livelifelovelife forfeited this round.
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 3 years ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
Abraham is the father of our faith and someone we should look up to in faith. He didn't realise just how faithful he was to God and it took Gods test to show Abraham this, Which led to strengthening him. If you say you can only speculate what such an entity will do to you then you cannot say you must stay away from it.