julian.roh
GoneFishin

Recreational Marijuana should be legal

julian.roh has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Debating Period

julian.roh

Pro

Hello opponent I hope you are having a nice day,
Let's keep this debate civilized and use proper debate vocabulary. Before you tell me that I am a hooligan who smokes molly I want you to now that I am 22 years old and attending Harvard. I will let you start first
- Julian
GoneFishin

Con

This is my first time soooo, whatever, lets begin.
There is a lot of evidence that some of the compounds in the cannabis plant, which is where marijuana comes from, can help people with certain illnesses. But for healthy people, using marijuana causes a number of bad side effects and negative health consequences.

Short term marijuana effects include:
Sleepiness and depression, an increased heart rate (which can cause a heart attack, anxiety and panic), and delayed reaction times.

Long term marijuana effects include:
Over the long-term the drug suppresses the immune system, causes growth disorders, lack of motivation and lung damage, changes mood and personality and lowers libido.
Posted by Amphia 3 years ago
Amphia
Marijuana is a gateway drug.

Recreational Marijuana: No
Medical purposes: I'm more open to that
Posted by Masterful 3 years ago
Masterful
He used 'now' instead of 'know'

Of course weed should not be legal. There are many studies that tie long term use of weed to various mental health problems.
Posted by rowey2000 3 years ago
rowey2000
Pro, I do not understand what your age or educational institution has to do with this debate. If you are going to tell your opposition not to personally attack you, try not to promote yourself because that is a contradiction.
Posted by ShouldBePresident96 3 years ago
ShouldBePresident96
His profile says he is 19 and doesnt state his education, yet he is apparently a 22 year old from Harvard.
ShouldBePresident96
ShouldBePresident96
lol, does he really attend Harvard though? (x) to doubt.
Posted by DeletedUser 3 years ago
DeletedUser
Please, I encourage both of you to find real scientific evidence for this argument. I get absolutely sick and tired of potheads saying that "weed cures cancer" and "weed grows brain cells". Please keep the argument accurate and unbiased.