bluseto
Adam_Godzilla

Regulated Capitalism is better than Laissez-faire Capitalism

Started: 11/10/2018 Category: Economics

bluseto

Pro

The point is to argue if government intervention in a capitalist economy is better or not than a form of capitalism with no regulation (laissez-faire), As the classical liberals defend.
Rules: Both Con and Pro should give historical examples to defend each position. 3 rounds & feel free to write in the comments section.

I let the Con to start his arguments.

I ask for someone that really knows about the topic so please, Only join if you have strong arguments.
Adam_Godzilla

Con

The BOP is on you. You can't just let me argue first. I didn't make this debate. I assume you mean, On balance, Rather than absolutely. Laissez-faire is better in some respects and regulation is better in others.

Hypothetically, A true laissez-faire country doesn't exist. And regulated capitalism is a vague notion. How much regulation defines a regulated economy? What if the government intervenes only once every hundred years?

If a country runs perfectly for a thousand years government free but has only one day where the government intervened, Then the laissez-faire advocates would scream it was successful because of laissez-faire, And the regulation freaks would scream it's because of the government.

If pro decides to take the title literally, Then he has already lost this debate. The burden of proof would be on him, And it would be impossible to prove his stance on such vague notions and a lack of specific definitions.

But that's no fun. We can instead, Assume, For pro's stance: "on balance, A hypothetical economy of an absolute balance of government intervention and laissez-faire philosophy, would perform better if there was more government intervention, As opposed to less government intervention. "

If pro doesn't want to debate this way, Then unfortunately, Pro lost the debate.
bluseto

Pro

bluseto forfeited this round.
bluseto

Pro

bluseto forfeited this round.
Adam_Godzilla

Con

Please don't deduct conduct points. Pro has issues with the technicalities.

Posted by billsands 3 years ago
billsands
Thank you
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 3 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
I'll tell people not to deduct you conduct points.
Posted by Adam_Godzilla 3 years ago
Adam_Godzilla
Yes that happens to me too. The site is broken. Don't:

1) Put links.
2) Put underscores like _
3) anything fancy
4) underlining
Posted by bluseto 3 years ago
bluseto
WTF I wrote the argument but I cannot post it. Its under the max length & it appears like I've posted it, But when i refresh it disappears again. Help?