tccmccg
samuel7788

Religion in schools and child development?

tccmccg

Con

Religion should not be involved in child development. They should be raised as atheists (not anti-religion, Just a lack of religion), Until they can rationally decide for themselves. I believe that teaching children that certain things are sins and should be shrouded in shame is not good for their development, As they will not be able to develop personality traits or ways that they conduct themselves that may be frowned upon in their religion.

(I was raised Catholic btw).
samuel7788

Pro

People should have the freedom to go to their own religious school. In my perspective, I go to a school called SFS which is a Christian school and we don't focus too much on our own religion. In addition, Religion has nothing to be included in child development. I mean in reality, Certain things are sins and also it is not like religion gives harm to people such as it doesn't say like it is good to steal. It just has different gods. People also should have the freedom to choose to indicate their own religion.
tccmccg

Con

I'm not saying that people don't have a right to go to religious schools, I'm just saying that I believe that children will turn out better, Generally, Raised as athiests or agnostics. And religion is involved in child development for children raised religious because they are taught things as unequivocal truths that only make sense in the context of their religion or scripture. Religion does do good for people, But it also can do bad, Because it can prevent someone from enjoying themselves fully (for example swear or watch certain shows or listen to explicit music, Depending on the religion). And yes people should have the choice to choose their religion, But when you're a child, It's not a choice. It's forced on you and it's all you know.
samuel7788

Pro

Let's take this into a book. Life of Pi shows that even children are deeply in religion and are not bothered at all by their studies. I agree with you on the freedom of choice part but religion is not always forced. Sometimes, People just go along with it. The variety of religion doesn't force people to limit their choice. They don't have to be forced. They can speak with their guardians and feel free to do their own stuff. Children at a young age will learn from their parents and the parents will know that they will have to give freedom to their children.
tccmccg

Con

tccmccg forfeited this round.
samuel7788

Pro

samuel7788 forfeited this round.
Posted by DeletedUser 2 years ago
DeletedUser
Who the fck gave you the right to tell parents what to do?
Posted by Country-of-dummies 2 years ago
Country-of-dummies
Well, If you aren't going to teach kids right and wrong from the Bible, At least teach them right or wrong from secular morality.
Posted by WrickItRalph 2 years ago
WrickItRalph
I concur