Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Newsweek: Evangelical Christians Time as a Major Political Force Is Coming to an End

backwardseden
billsands

Newsweek: Evangelical Christians Helped Elect Donald Trump, But Their Time as a Major Political Force Is Coming to an End RULES: Prove that evangelicals are worthy of the cloth that they wear. (Watch a film called "Spotlight" as it will help you with your decision even though if you were to read the bible, The god character portrayed in it is pure horrifying terror that creates suffering and pain and onbiously loves it. dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process. Alex...

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 11 Hours Ago

Is God Real?

BobbyBoi
GuitarSlinger

My opponent can go first....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Is the New Testament Reliable?

EJR925
Nondescript

I will be taking the position that the New Testament is reliable and trustworthy. I will post my arguments on rounds 2, 3, 4, And 5. If you accept the challenge, Please state your position/claim or claims. Thank you...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

God is a Serb

BobTheBolshevik
W0LV3NBANE

God is of Serbian Nationality, Change my mind. Btw; I am not a Serbian, Fascist, Or any of the sort....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 16 Hours Ago

The Problem With Faith: Religion especially christianity Is Destroying Humanity

backwardseden
GuitarSlinger

Christianity and judaism do this oh so extremely well because that is ---exactly--- to the letter what their god tells them to do that they are right and everybody else is wrong no matter what. Even worse is their god from their religion demands and orders its followers to kill those that do not believe in its god and believe in other gods/ idols/ fake gods. * Deuteronomy 13: 9-10 "9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, And afterward the hand...

Voting Period
237 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

God is real

stevenedwards
GuitarSlinger

First of all, I"d like to ask you: why do you believe in god? Why do you "love" him, Like most Catholics claim to? What has god ever done for you? Catholicism is a nice religion. Its concept of good and evil is. . . Good. But the concept of good and evil? That"s just moral code. There IS no good and evil in the universe. Everything is relative. Good and evil is a human concept of what"s ethically considered acceptable. The concept of god, For example, Only exists or existed i...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

It's more logical to be agnostic versus being an atheist

mall
Realistinpursuitoftruth

The more welcomed format that people are willing to accept. I'll make my point, You make yours. It's more logical or only logical to be neutral on the stance for the existence of a deity. Whether one exists or not, It hasn't been proven either way. What's your take? "Disclaimer: Please, When accepting the challenge, You accept the premise, Subject, Topic as is. If there's any contention with the words, Definitions or disagreement with context, Please send a message first. The debate...

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Christianity is the Right Religion Part 1

jrardin12
omar2345

I would be glad to debate Christianity with you. I want to just say that a Christian, According to the Bible, Is one who accepts Jesus as their Savior and repents from their sin in order to gain salvation. Any religion that believes salvation is by works or a religious acts is not saved according to Ephesians 2:8-9, Isaiah 64:6, John 3:16. So please present your reason why Christianity is not the true religion....

Debating Period
7 Comments
Updated 2 Hours Ago

Absence of evidence IS evidence of absence

PointProven
GuitarSlinger

I've heard many religious people make the point that "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence", And I can explain how that is not true. Before I start, I just wanted to say that this is not a debate on whether or not a god or gods exist, It is just about how that argument is flawed. The con side is the one of someone who thinks it's valid. Let's begin with the fact that the absence of evidence is the only way to indicate that something does not exist. If the absence of evidence is not...

Voting Period
24 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

Does God exist?

Roi
jackgilbert

To start, I'd like to mention that in this debate, It is pro's job to put forth evidence that supports the exitence of God, And my job to show how this evidence is not valid. I don't need to put forth any evidence of my own because the burden of proof lies on the person making the flame that God exists. My position is that there is that I am unconvinced that God exists, Due to the zero amount of valid evidence I have heard or seen, And therefore, It is unreasonable to believe that God does exist...

Voting Period
136 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago