Religion Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Extra credit! Think of at least 10 reasons why god would not use text as a form of communication?

backwardseden

There are at least 50 reasons why the god of the bible would not use text, Namely the croaking bible, As a form of communication, Transmission, Advertisement, Correspondence, Transference etc, Or whatever you wish to call it, Not ever, Not for any reason as text is the worst form of communication, Transmission, Advertisement, Correspondence, Transference etc possible for a god to croak to his chosen people. Let's see if you can think of at least 10 of them. NOTHING is established in scriptur...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

god persecutes gays, Blasphemers, Adulterers, Those that work on the sabbath, Don't worship him etc

backwardseden

Obviously the god of the bible is completely point blank immoral, Bankrupt and corrupt and should not be idolized, Bowed down to nor worshiped for undeniable and distinct reasons that are irrefutable. Here is a test for YOUR morality to see where YOU stand with YOUR god with how he believes from what is stated directly from the bible and or torah. It is a simple "yes" or "no" response. Right now there will only be asked a 6 questions from the OT as this round only specifically deals with the t...

Challenge Period
2 Comments
Updated 10 Hours Ago

THBT There can be miracles when we believe

Adjixxx

My focus is primarily on one of the many arguments philosophers have debated over for years. Does David Hume"s idea of "induction" support his argument against his appeal to the laws of nature in his account of a miracle? Presently, The answer to that question varies. Some say it does, Some say it does not. And as we will find out later, The answer can be either, Depending on individual perspective. Personally, I believe Hume"s discussion on miracles can be said to be at times inconsistent with...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago

Civilizations Today could not exist with out Christian values

Dr.Franklin
UltimateGenius

Good luck to my opponent...

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 22 Hours Ago

Abortion

thesocraticmethodman
UltimateGenius

Abortion is bad....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

The bible is false because jesus is false thus jesus was not the messiah

backwardseden

Since the headline is true it means that christianity is an absolute failure and false. This is according to the text of failure of the bible itself because jesus is a failure unto himself and to those who believe in him and to the mistakes that he made thus proving his imperfection. Since this so-called mythical jesus is imperfect, Which will be proven with utter ease in this debate, That is if you can read and thus interpret your bible properly, In which case most christians can"t as they inst...

Challenge Period
4 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

backwardseden
samuel7788

Debating Period
6 Comments
Updated 30 Minutes Ago

True Christians Hate Homosexual People

EStone523
backwardseden

*For the sake of simplicity and consistency within the argument, I ask that my opponent uses verses from the New King James Version (NKJV) Bible. I will be using this version as well. Should my opponent not be able to use NKJV for any reason, I ask they use the traditional King James Version (KJV) Bible to help retain consistency. I've heard many people comment that Christians 'hate' homosexuals and members of the LGBTQ+ community. I believe that while the Bible does state that homosexuality...

Debating Period
27 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Best Argument(s) for Mainstream Theism

killshot
Callan

I will let the contender (pro) go first. Please present one or more of your best arguments for Theism. I'm intentionally leaving this open so my contender can pick the arguments and religion of their choice....

Debating Period
5 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

Evolution Singlehandedly Debunks Christian Mythology

killshot
Rockytop

Evolution is fact and objectively verifiable at the micro and macro level. This is indisputable. This is not an evolution debate, Although I'm open to that. We are an evolutionary product of our ancestors, And our ancestry dates back throughout the phylogenetic tree. At the point humans (homo sapiens) emerged, There were approximately 2-3000 of our species, By estimates of leading evolutionary biologists. Regard...

Debating Period
16 Comments
Updated 17 Hours Ago