PFDebater1
McCracken14

Resolved: The United States should ban private ownership of handguns

PFDebater1 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

PFDebater1

Pro

Handguns: a firearm (as a revolver or pistol) designed to be held and fired with one hand

For this debate, I would like to hear the opposition argument first and then I will respond to the argument.
McCracken14

Con

The reason for most people saying to ban guns is usually that guns end up killing people, so I assume this is the point I am supposed to counter. The fact that people say guns kill people is coming from people who typically don't have common sense, in Switzerland almost every 45.7 out of 100 people own some sort of firearm .23 people per 100,000 were murdered by firearms and seeing as though your case is against handguns that number would be less meaning it is more the people owning the firearms and less of the actual firearms themselves. Also multiple shootings have been and more could have been prevented with someone else having a firearm with them
Posted by paintballvet18 1 year ago
paintballvet18
Con is about to get wrecked.

His opponent is a PF debater that is about to rip him apart.
Posted by paintballvet18 1 year ago
paintballvet18
I may accept but you have to post first as Pro (that's how PF works)

Also, change response time to 48 or 72 hours.
Posted by subdeo 1 year ago
subdeo
I will accept this challenge if you change the respose time to 48hrs. I look forward to debating with you.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
You're definition is still a little vague. You may consider speaking about which projectiles you're referring to.