billsands
screenjack

Right wing extremists must be a priority to law enforcement

billsands

Pro

The Mosque shooting in New Zealand shows that gun laws and observation of white nationalist groups must be a priority to law enforcement they happen because gun laws are too lax but also because white nationlist terrorism isnt given a priority it should
screenjack

Con

I'd like to start with some bridges. Firstly we agree that terror and fascism are terrible. We can also agree that white nationalist terror is overlooked. Where we disagree is that why these things happen is because of gun laws. While we agree that terrorism should be at the forefront of prevention we disagree that white nationalism is the priority. So my major point is that gun laws aren't the cause of white nationalism or terrorism. My secondary point is simply that Right wing isn't the same as White nationalist. It's important not to clump things together.

With all the bridges we've been able to build I bet your wondering why I even oppose the statement "Right wing extremists must be a priority to law enforcement. " The first reason I felt prompted to juxtapose this point is that Left wing extremism is a real problem too. If you want to attack all of the right somebody ought to point out the left. For example the youtube shooter was on the far left. (1) Now just because she was responsible for a less effective attack doesn't make it any more or less an act of terrorism. It also doesn't make it any more or less an independent act of terror. So to attack all of the right for this one person's messed up beliefs is like attacking all of the left for this one person's belief.

The next point you make is that these attacks happen because of lax gun laws. People are violent because of their extremist beliefs. People have always found ways to kill each other and still do. For example 33 people were killed in China with knives because of radical beliefs. So the style of weaponry has less to do with the violence than the will to inflict violence. (2)

The last point I want to make is that neither the left nor the right are responsible for the most terrorist attacks. Neither the left nor the right should be the priority. Of all the active terror groups in the world: the top three are all Islamic. (3) Just because we are talking about racial, Political, And religious statistics I will put in a reminder that I'm talking about extremist groups not their extended communities.

In conclusion extremists are a problem. These extremists, Regardless race or creed, Should be a priority. We agree White extremism should not be overlooked but no at the cost of all other extremism. We agree the violence is unwarranted. We disagree as that guns are the allowance. (sources in the comments. )
billsands

Pro

Look at the statistics at this point in time left wing terrirism is respsible for about 5% of deaths the right? 75% the rest is isam and other right is much worse than left at this point in history
screenjack

Con

I have looked at the statistics. I have posted and sourced statistics. Perhaps you'd care to share where you're getting your statistics. "other right is much worse than left at this point in history" What do you even mean by that? In general your lack of punctuation is confusing.
billsands

Pro

A new terrorism database analysis shows almost two-thirds of the terror attacks in the United States last year were carried out by right-wing extremists.

Researchers and journalists for the news site Quartz said they used data compiled by the Global Terrorism Database that has tabulated terrorist events around the world since 1970. The database is supported by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START), Affiliated with the University of Maryland.

“A Quartz analysis of the database shows that almost two-thirds of terror attacks in the (United States) last year were tied to racist, Anti-Muslim, Homophobic, Anti-Semitic, Fascist, Anti-government, Or xenophobic motivations, ” its posting says.

The remaining attacks, The web site said, “were driven by left-wing ideologies … and Islamic extremism. ”
Southern Poverty Law center website

screenjack

Con

I was able to find the same start study you are talking about here "1" There's a few discrepancies here. You're original percentages are wrong even by your own sources. Secondly, You list off 7 different motives for terrorism on one side and 2 on the other side. No wonder the percentages are in your favor. Anti-Semitic, Homophobic, Anit-government, And xenophobic could all describe Islamic extremists as much as a far right ones. Don't just clump people together! Next I'd like to point out that this study is particular to the USA. As I pointed out in round 1 "Of all the active terror groups in the world: the top three are all Islamic. (3)" When referring to a shooting in NZ this, Worldly scope, Seems important.
In the shooters manifesto he describes how he wants to divide the USA and that is the sole reason he chose to use a gun instead of a bomb. His plan was to literally incite people into being fearful and banning guns to start a civil war. Please don't promote this lunatics agenda by supporting a gun ban.
Also, Why can't you just type a paragraph? You should also be using quotations for the last 3 paragraphs. If you are going to direct quote somebody please do it right.
In conclusion I believe I've shown how guns are not the cause of this tragedy. I've also shown that terrorism is bad enough without trying to group all your enemies into a box you've labeled far right. Terrorism is a sad part of life nowadays but on a positive note terrorism is on an overall decline. That is a real victory I think we can both be happy to end on.
Posted by screenjack 3 years ago
screenjack
ht tp s: //bs os. Um d. E du/feat u red-c onte n t/p ropo rti on-te rorist-a tt ack s
Posted by screenjack 3 years ago
screenjack
htt p s:// www. S plce nter. Org/ hate watch/ 201 09/ 12/ stud y- sho ws- t wo-t hirds-us-terro rism-tied -right-wi ng-e xtrem ists
Posted by omar2345 3 years ago
omar2345
Shouldn't be crime itself and what poses an immediate danger? If they have an easy day simply find solutions to longer term problems.
Posted by screenjack 3 years ago
screenjack
(1)independent. Ie/world-news/north-america/youtube-shooting-attacker
(2)NBCnews China knife wielding spree
(3)statista Terrorism: Most active perpetrator groups worldwide in 2017

sorry but this site has a problem with links to sources.
Posted by WrickItRalph 3 years ago
WrickItRalph
I'm going to sit on the fence and see what happens here. :)