felicityhui
Anshu10

Russia"s economy guaranteed the Russian Revolution that followed, How far do you agree with that?

Started: 10/8/2018 Category: Economics

felicityhui

Pro

I strongly feel that Russias economy guaranteed revolution. Before the revolution, Russia's economy was really unsteady. Peasants were everywhere and were not being paid well, Resulting in hunger, Pain and death. Also, Russia was the slowest developing country at the time, Which leads up to what I am about to say. They did not have enough food supplies to feed everyone in the country, The taxes were extremely high and impossible to afford, And there were really strict classes (higher class, Medium class, Lower class).
Anshu10

Con

Let me preface by saying that I definitely believe that the Russian economy under Tsar Nicholas II contributed greatly to the Russian Revolution. You've quite adeptly, Summed it up in a few lines in your argument. That being said, I've taken this up because your position is that it was the economy under the Tsarist autocratic rule that 'guaranteed' revolution. I'll stay on point and refrain from pointing out that post revolutionary Russia, Had exactly the same traits mentioned in your argument in future rounds. I won't digress from the core argument.

My counter is that it was primarily, The 1st World War paired with the ever increasingly poor decisions being taken by the Tsarist Regime under Nicholas II. Apart from this, A sociological 'revolution', In the form of Marxism was gaining an increasing following. I'll collate my points now, Post which we can argue (counter) in future rounds. I will be countering chiefly with :

1. The Emancipation Reform of 1861
2. The New Age of Factory Workers
3. Bloody Sunday
4. The Russo - Japanese War
5. World War I
6. Rise of fringe Marxism across Europe
7. Consequences of World War I
8. Decisions made by Tsar Nicholas II

Through the above, I will counter your argument that it was it was the economy that guaranteed the Russian Revolution. Again, To reiterate, I believe it was a major cause but not the one that 'guaranteed' what followed.
felicityhui

Pro

felicityhui forfeited this round.
Anshu10

Con

Anshu10 forfeited this round.
felicityhui

Pro

felicityhui forfeited this round.
Anshu10

Con

Anshu10 forfeited this round.
felicityhui

Pro

felicityhui forfeited this round.
Anshu10

Con

Anshu10 forfeited this round.
felicityhui

Pro

felicityhui forfeited this round.
Anshu10

Con

Anshu10 forfeited this round.