Nz2019
Bobadilla430

SAT cons students out of money

Nz2019

Pro

I took the SAT 3 times and my highest score was 930. I must have spent over 200 dollars on getting a seat and wasting a Saturday where I could have been working or had enough money to save for college, Have that money for my car and taking my parents out to dinner. The SAT says that I am a mediocre person and probably will never amount to nothing. But my teachers say I am a smart student. Who is right, A teacher, Or a test that took 200 dollars from my purse and put in a classroom for 6 hours to complete a test that isn't counted as a grade in your classes.
Bobadilla430

Con

The SAT doesn't con students. It's a test to see how well you do in Core subjects, Like English, Math, Etc. The SAT might be hard but in it's essence, It's not designed to con people out of their money, It's for colleges to point out who is good and who isn't. If you take it over and over again the only one wasting money is yourself. Unfortunately there are some people who aren't good at taking tests, Whether it's due to stress or other reasons, But they are still very smart. All I can say to this is that it gives those people a chance to improve on something in their lives. There are test taking strategies that usually work for less confide
Nz2019

Pro

A lot of people who aren't good at math, Writing, And English are some of the smartest people I know and they good mediocre test scores. There was a study done a few years ago that kids who had good grades but really low test scores actually did better in college than people who had high SAT scores and mediocre grades. I just think your intelligence should not be defined by a test taken in one afternoon. I'm smart in business, Marketing and education and none of those subjects matter in the SAT. There needs to be more or different subjects on the test.
Bobadilla430

Con

There are a lot of colleges and universities that you need to have SAT scores for, But not every single college needs it. If you're looking to go into a job with stuff not on the SAT, You don't need to spend all that money on it because there are colleges that don't require them. Another thing I would like to point out is that the SAT is timed for a reason. If it wasn't timed, Anyone could get a good score. The thing with the timer is that it's to sort out the slow thinkers from the faster thinkers. The SAT doesn't need more subjects either. The subjects on the SAT are core subjects that everybody with access to education learns. These are to test your basic skills in the core areas, Later to be branched off in college, If accepted, As you choose what classes you want to take.
Nz2019

Pro

I have tried explaining that to my mother and her reply is always this, "You have a better chance sending in your SAT scores, So you better f****** send them. " Honestly I just feel humiliated by them and my parents are very protective of me so I have to stay in state for college and there is only one college in my state that SAT submission is optional and I don't want to go to that school cause its a really big party school and my parents tell me not to apply to it, They are just too damn protective of me. The other schools I have applied to require your SAT. I just feel like a students intelligence needs to be tested a different way.
Bobadilla430

Con

Bobadilla430 forfeited this round.