Bob48
GirlsGetRapedGuysGetDrunk

School Uniforms

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
The Voting Period Ends In
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Voting Period

Bob48

Pro

School uniforms should be required because of the following reasons:

(1) It can prevent bullying as people will not be judged based on what they wear

(2) Students will be tardy less as they won't need to spend as much time in the mornings preparing clothes.

(3) It will make school more of a professional environment.
GirlsGetRapedGuysGetDrunk

Con

People should be able to express themselves no matter what. Second of all I take a lot longer getting clothes ready for school because most of my stuff has missing buttons because of poor build quality.
Bob48

Pro

Do you currently wear uniforms for your school, Or are you saying that it takes longer to put on normal clothes because of missing buttons, Etc?

Secondly, I believe the right to expression is very important, But the right to safety in school is even more important. After two years of a district-wide mandatory uniform policy In Long Beach California, Reports of assault and battery in the district's schools decreased by 34%, Assault with a deadly weapon dropped by 50%, Fighting incidents dropped by 51%, Sex offenses were cut by 74%, Robbery dropped by 65%, Possession of weapons dropped by 52%, Possession of drugs dropped by 69% and vandalism was lowered by 18%, According to ProCon. Org
GirlsGetRapedGuysGetDrunk

Con

It takes longer to put on school clothes because of missing buttons and things like that. And I don't think the uniforms will stop school shootings. At the high school I go to, If your a girl you're required to wear a skirt or very tight pants which I can tell makes a lot of the guys at my school touch and stare. And some of my friends get bullied because the buttons and zippers on their pants keep breaking so I don't know if those "facts" are because of school uniform, Or if stuff like that is getting better because of different things like teachers.
Bob48

Pro

No, The things definitely are not getting better because of teachers. Those statistics are getting better because of school uniforms. I think the situation that is going on at your school is the kind of uniforms you guys wear. Your school doesn't really have a good choice when it comes to that. It honestly really depends on the quality of the school uniforms and also what kind they are. I believe if schools can adapt good school uniforms, Like the uniforms at Long Beach California, Then the school will be a more professional and a more safe environment.
GirlsGetRapedGuysGetDrunk

Con

I'm going to be honest I don't think the color of the clothes I wear effects the fact that I have drugs on me and if my school has violence or not. People are the same no matter what you wear. Its like saying "hey did you know if you get your oil changed you will have a flat tire? " its unrelated to getting your oil changed but you will get a flat tire most likely because most people get their oil changed when they are about to have a trip and that's when you get a flat tire. Also I don't know if you count vapes as drugs but now in 2018 there is sooooo many vapes at my school is unreal That would not change whether we wore school clothes or not(which we do). Just because people changed and there have been more awareness for school shootings and presentations about drugs over 2 years and it just so happens that over those 2 years they decided to have uniforms over those two years is NOT related at all.
Posted by FiggaNaget 1 day ago
FiggaNaget
I think that con rebut pros round 2 argument in round 3 and he rebut the entire "it takes longer to get ready" I don't think that less drugs were found on hand was a very convincing argument because why would school clothing affect that?
Posted by omar2345 6 days ago
omar2345
Pro made 3 claims and Con did not rebut. Pro did not rebut Con's claim in the following round instead it was in Round 3.

Pro's Round 1 was improved by Round 2 with evidence which Con did not rebut or provide anything new. I did not give reliable sources vote instead I attached it onto the most convincing argument since the points were not explained only given. Round 2 was evidence and Round 3 for Pro was more of assumptions then new arguments whereas Con gave an argument about freedom of expression which Pro in the next Round rebutted by saying "But the right to safety in school is even more important". It was not sufficient but Con did not challenge Pro on it instead for Round 2 Con stated "takes longer to put on school clothes" and "I don't think the uniforms will stop school shootings. " and others which were mainly opinions not counter arguments or evidence. For the last Round Con further went through the opinion route which did not help him.

If anyone thinks I am wrong feel free to ask me in the comment section.
Vote Placed by omar2345 6 days ago
omar2345
Bob48GirlsGetRapedGuysGetDrunkTied
Reasons for voting decision: Reasons in the comment section.