AnyaA
Anonymous

Sexual education

AnyaA

Con

My opponent goes first. This is going to be fun.

Pro

Sexual education is important because it is educating people on something that is a part of normal human life. I would really like to hear what you have against that.
AnyaA

Con

Sexual education encourages us to have sex. They say "it teaches us how to have safe sex and warns us about STD or HIV"s", But does it really? Telling us how to have safe sex, Either by using condoms, Birth control pills, Or abstinence. Is safe sex not sex? By telling us that it"s okay, And normal to be safe with a partner aren"t the teachers teaching us how to have sex? I see what Sex Ed. Is trying to aim for (at least the teachers). I just don"t agree with it. In my opinion, Learning in fourth grade about sex isn"t a good thing. Why, I think I wouldn"t even know anything about sex if it weren"t for Sex Ed. Do you see where I"m getting at? You could say that, It"s a good thing if you didn"t know anything. But in my view it"s a bad thing. Think about it, If no one was taught in the first place about any of this, Would we have these many teen pregnancies? Perhaps we would. I just don"t think it"s right to teach kids at such a young age about something they may not even think about in the future.

P. S- Accuse my grammar. I"m not the best at writing, Which is embarrassing considering I"m in 9th grade.

Pro

I honestly have no idea where you are coming from. Literally, Everyone in my school knew what sex was, And it wasn't because of sexual education classes. That said, Sex ed isn't necessarily learned in 4th grade. I learned most of it at the end of 5th, Going into 6th.
If the person does not know about sex, They are going to find out about it sometime or later. I know 0 people, Who past the point of 6th grade, Did not know what sex was. This wasn't because of sex ed, It was because of many external sources. If a person DOES know about sex, It is much better that they learn about sex ed then not to.
On the subject of teen pregnancies:
1: There really aren't that many. It's not a giant problem and
2: If teens had learned about sex from an external source and did not know about the existence of birth control/condoms, There would be far more teen pregnancies. There would be no way of the teens knowing how to prevent it

I agree there is too young an age. However, I argue that end of 5th grade/beginning of 6th is a good time for sex ed.

Speaking of grammar, Use apostrophes, Not quotation marks in contractions.
AnyaA

Con

Sorry, I noticed after I posted my argument, About the quotation marks. I"m not denying, That there are students who lack the knowledge of how to protect themselves, Who need to be. But is it my fault that they get Pregnant through having unprotected sex? Why must I sit in a health class learning this unit 3 times in my whole school career, For to protect against teenage pregnancy? Each class is about 45 minutes long, 12 classes per quarter. A big waste of time. Especially for students who don"t care about having Sex, Or even a boyfriends. The fact that we have to sit in these classes reviewing from past lessons, Because someone was careless about their own health, Is tiring. What is taking so long to teach, When a basic biology lesson on school takes less than 15 minutes? About my last argument : sexual education encourages us to have sex. The teachers say the best way not to get pregnant is to abstain, But if you are sexually active, Protect yourself. Meaning, They don"t really believe we are able to control ourselves. They don"t teach us about what birth control pills actually do, And how harmful they are. No, Instead teach us about how "animal skin condoms aren"t as good as latex condoms". They tell us if you really wanted to try it out (sex), Then there are other ways to protect yourself. Encouraging much? There is no evidence on if Sex Ed. Does work. This is why I despise sexual education. It"s a way for the school to teach kids that sex is a common thing, And doing it is normal. Why they want to, Is a different topic.

I wasn"t quite sure where you were going with the arguement. So I kind of continued mine.
AnyaA

Con

AnyaA forfeited this round.
AnyaA

Con

AnyaA forfeited this round.
Posted by Anonymous 3 years ago
Tentak
This is an interesting argument. I am already biased towards "Pro" though, As Sexual Education teaches you how prevent being teenage parent, How to preventget aids, And to always keep a level head.